Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

add conclave missions to nightwave to revive the gamemode?

Hopo00x

conclave is dead
because it doesnt really give you anything like PVE missions do and therefore people dont play it i think?
Tenshin has some cool cosmetics locked behind a rank up that are impossible to get without waiting hours to get someone to join the lobby
but the gamemodes conclave has are really fun IF you have someone to play with

Its a shame really 
thats maybe if nightwave has mission that require you to play conclave people might start playing it again

• Like 3

People would prolly be salty if there were nightwave challenges that involved doing PVP. Conclave needs balancing and people generally don’t like it, and odds are even if it’s optional to do the nw challenge that requires you to play conclave, people would complain about it anyway, especially those who want to rush through the nightwave and get everything as quickly as possible

• Like 6

Generally, it goes one of two ways. Either:

1. Players AFK through the mission to get the NW done (which doesn't really help revitalize the mode) or

2. Players can't AFK and get salty because, well, people don't fancy PvP.

There are a number of problems with Conclave that, if addressed, would at least make it more tolerable and could stave off those reactions. One of which is the mere fact that regular rewards in the mode (eg. end-of-match drops) are quite paltry compared to what players can get anywhere else, so it's kind of a waste of time in that regard. But, if one wants to avoid the above reactions, it's important to get that stuff sorted first. First impressions matter and for a number of people, that would be their first impression.

Edited by Tyreaus
  • Like 4

I remember, way back, there was a year where DE kept doing massive lists of Conclave changes and patches, and tried to keep making Conclave-only holiday events.

It did not make anyone like conclave any more. Mostly people just complained about it usurping other potential holiday events!

• Like 5

Just put Conclave out of it's misery.  DE is already struggling with pleasing the PvE community, let alone trying to please the dead PvP community and PvE at the same time.

PvP in Warframe is basically taboo in the community at this point. 

• Like 3

I think I would like this if it were like, an additional weekly challenge. As in, one more than there already is, and there is always only one conclave related challenge. There's already way more than enough to get to rank 30 anyways, so I wouldn't be all that bothered by the presence of such a thing, as long as there wasn't potential for an entire week to be full of conclave-only challenges.

I don't login to Warframe to play the PvP, I probably still wouldn't with these challenges in place. It might remind me that conclave is a thing, aha.

• Like 1

hmmm, does it smells like salt in here?

for this suggestion sure reads like a trigger trap to me... but fine, here my 2 cents: i'm not against conclave to be put into anything else, even NW but i sure understand the resentments of many player against the whole pvp concept in warframe - it just isn't the kind of game that is suited for it.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Ragology said:

No. As a pvper in other mmos with a pvp component, I never liked having weak link pve players on my team since they didn't care enough to try and were only around to absorb rewards. Even throwing games if it'd get them rewarded quicker.

Ayup! That's me in Destiny 2's PvP. "Win the match? Who cares. I'm just here to get headshot revolver kills for the Ace of Spades quest." Pushing PvE players into PvP is always a mistake. While some might rise to the challenge, a lot of them (myself among them) will mostly just sandbag their own team because we REALLY don't want to be there.

• Like 2

On 2020-06-15 at 6:25 PM, Hopo00x said:

thats maybe if nightwave has mission that require you to play conclave people might start playing it again

Except that it would be horrible for everyone involved, both the PvPers who want to be there and the PvEers who are "forced" to be there for nightwave standing.

People wouldn't hop in and suddenly go "Oh this is amazing!  I want to play more of this!" they would instead go "Ok, I need X kills or Y points...lets try to set this up with the other team so we can just boost through this challenge and be done with it..." and be completely hostile to anyone who doesn't want to join in with the boosting and instead actually wants to actually just play the mode like its designed.
Or if it was just "Play X matches" they would sign in, and then basically AFK it and not really play at all because why bother?  They aren't there to win they are there to get the nightwave challenge done.  Who cares if it annoys their team and causes them to lose.  Who cares if it annoys their opponents who wanted a fight and are instead left going against an AFK player.  They aren't there to play the mode, they are there to get the matches done so that they can go back to PvE.
And if it was "Win X matches" then they would start boosting it and being utterly hostile to everyone who doesn't want to boost.

And if you doubt this would happen...well it already did back when DE had a few holiday PvP events for ship decorations.  As in things that pretty much no one will ever see outside of the player who earned them.
It was filled with AFKers and boosters everywhere that pretty much ruined the game mode for the people who actually wanted to take part in PvP and have fun.  The vast, vast majority of people "playing" conclave at that time wasn't there to play conclave and fight other players, they were there to get the points needed for a ship decoration and that was it.  They didn't care whose time they wasted.  They didn't care if their teammates or opponents wanted that type of match.  And why should they?

This idea wouldn't solve anything.
It would just make everyone miserable.

• Like 5

The points brought up here are mostly just cheap excuses. We've already had this discussion when they introduced Nightwave, and IMHO the best suggestion was in the following thread, namely having Conclave as optional and alternative challenges:

Seeing as even that wasn't received favourably makes it pretty clear that there's a certain crowd here with whom it's not worth having this discussion.

P.S. Especially now that I've heard even Flappy Zephyr was made part of Nightwave. If that's true: what a joke.

Edited by Kontrollo
typos
  • Like 1

В 16.06.2020 в 10:17, DrivaMain сказал:

Just put Conclave out of it's misery.  DE is already struggling with pleasing the PvE community, let alone trying to please the dead PvP community and PvE at the same time.

I'm totes 100% 200% on your side mate. PvP community is just cumbersome parasites on the PvE aspects of our cool game. Remember the last thing DE patched for conclave on their demands? That was just horrible, right at the moment DE needed their support the most, they've gathered together like some despicable 4channers and raided forum with their demands. Sadly DE had nothing better than fulfil their demands, at least partially but it still too much. Do you remember the patchnotes?

39 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

optional and alternative challenges

FWIW, I wouldn't mind having it as an alternative (e.g. get 6 Elite Weekly's, complete any 3). If it were built and emphasized in such a way, that'd probably be much more palatable. I'd rather do a few Conclave matches than go spear-fishing, after all.

The problem seems to be an assumption / misunderstanding that it wouldn't be a parallel alternative. I.e., people think "you can do Conclave tasks for more Nightwave standing", instead of "you can do Conclave tasks instead of regular ones for Nightwave standing". It's a subtle difference, but matters.

(Of course, I'm also talking from a general perspective of "I'd like to have options with Nightwave tasks so I don't have to do x specific task", so...)

That said, it's still unlikely to really revitalize Conclave like OP wants.

39 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Especially now that I've heard even Flappy Zephyr was made part of Nightwave.

I'd like to emphasize my "I'd like to have options with Nightwave tasks so I don't have to do x specific task" opinion.

A lot.

Because that's just...errh...

Edited by Tyreaus
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

The points brought up here are mostly just cheap excuses. We've already had this discussion when they introduced Nightwave, and IMHO the best suggestion was in the following thread, namely having Conclave as optional and alternative challenges.

As someone who plays D2, including Conclave optional, alternative challenges isn't going to make things better because that will give of the vibe of having to do all the challenges someone doesn't like, PvE and PvP. Players here, just as there, can have an irrational mindset of "having" to do everything even though they don't need to. I don't like PvP, but I "have" to play PvP content because I need to level up my character as there are 5 engrams behind that content.

Here's my take on that optional and alternative Conclave challenges:

• Each week there will be two sets of Nightwave challenges, PvE and PvP, but it's impossible to finish both of them. 
  • When a players completes a PvE challenge they must eliminate a PvP challenge of equal value, same thing vice versa.

This makes the PvP challenges truly optional and alternative while eliminating the irrational mindset of "having" to do everything.

• Like 2

On 2020-06-15 at 5:25 PM, Hopo00x said:

conclave is dead
because it doesnt really give you anything like PVE missions do and therefore people dont play it i think?

People play conclave. It has a community and has dedicated servers.

DON'T add conclave to Nightwave's "to do list". It will have a mix of people who don't want to play it in matches alongside people who play conclave because they enjoy it. It might not sound like a bad thing, but it leads to a lot of frustration to either side (some will afk, some don't like pvp, and some don't want to play against people who just sit there).

• Like 3

Something overlooked is... a completely optional thing like an NW challenge being skippable with little to no consequence seems like a poor way to even convince people to do conclave. Really, only a small number of people would torture themselves into doing a type of content they don't actually like; the rest would just complain until it got removed.

Either way, there's multiple examples of how rewards do not translate into participation. GW2 for example has rewards locked behind multiple different pvp modes, the end result is pvp and wvw is still dead, with wvw being mainly afkers/botters.

League of Legends has an alternate game within the game (TFT), and you can get their NW equivalent rewards by doing TFT, the end result was people queuing for TFT and simply afking and surrendering at 10 minutes, later 15 minutes due to Riot changing the reward requirement to 15 minutes.

• Like 1