Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR Tests: Stop punishing players for there playstyle

KimikoLastchance

i am looking directly at the Rank 9 test. Stelth is but one style of play and its in general a very boring one with plenty of risks it is also just one tool in a expansive toolbox warframe provides to us as players.  it is also a tool that some players choose to ignore as they do not find it fun. and choose to go in guns and skills blazing and use overwhelming force to overcome a issue which is a more active enjoyable play style for people who approach the game that way.

than we come to this Stealth killing test I personally do not enjoy stealth game play never use it, to mee it feels like its more dependent on dumb luck than any sort of skill  hate being forced to. its no secret these tests are REQUIRED to unlock further progression in the game. last time i looked playing a video game is supposed to be fun than why force people to do things that they do not find fun to progress. and to make matters worse i experienced a loss of turn in this test because the NPC seen me at the same time i was delivering the killing blow

Ultimately a Dead NPC is a dead NPC why does it matter so much how i made them "Lifeus interruptus" tat we have to be tested on it before we can hold better weapons in our hands ? i understand the you must have leveled so many things to progress but these tests just suck

It's not even stealth, it's just memorizing line of sight and AI pathing.  .-.

Personally, don't care, let DE charge plat for people to bypass a test and drop a red slash across the MR rank until they move past it and don't give them the perks of it.

Done. 

vor 10 Minuten schrieb MagPrime:

It's not even stealth, it's just memorizing line of sight and AI pathing.  .-.

Personally, don't care, let DE charge plat for people to bypass a test and drop a red slash across the MR rank until they move past it and don't give them the perks of it.

Done. 

Interestingly that would also serve as an indicator for others to abort a potentially annoying public mission right away.

Interested Ooo GIF by reactionseditor

Just bring a Glaive and get over it. Sorry to be blunt, but that very simple test is not meant to "punish", but to... "test". (Althoughm as MagPrime stated, it's not testing much except how dumb and simple the AI is)

If you get offended on a personnal level about a 3min mini-test, idk what to tell you. We all have our personnal preferences, and if someone doesn't like doing X Boss, it doesn't mean the boss was meant to offend or punish him/her in any way. 

And besides, MR tests are a cakewalk compared to challenges in some other games, such as Destiny (always asking you to do either do PvP, PvEvP, Nightfalls, etc. with some massive grind) or CoD.

In the potentially thousands of missions you may play in Warframe, a one-time stealth segment shouldn't be a worry.

Yes, the day long delay between MR test attempts is sh1tty, but it's not like the game is forcing you to play stealth from here on out. The older MR tests are made to test a wide variety of skills that players should know how to use. For comparison, later MR tests are catered towards those who have been grinding the game forever and no longer find stealth a challenge (because to be honest, with Ivara's Prowl and Infiltrate augment, it becomes trivial). Those later MR tests are about endurance-level skill and min-maxing for certain situations. They're still laughable to some, but those I think you will find more comfortable.

Just stick with it. Seek better tools, even if you plan on discarding them soon after. There's only a handful of stealth-oriented MR tests in the game. Complete it once and never see it again.

MR tests are there to make sure you are capable of performing the most basic tasks required in Warframe. They're there to skill check you and make sure you can perform at the bare minimum in the multiplayer community. We all did it, and so can you.

i have been keeping up in missions just fine without passing this test never had anyone complain about how i run a support trinity and sneaing in "better tools" wont work as they disable all of your skills and only allow you a melee but trying to level up a glave to try it with a thrown melee

24 minutes ago, KimikoLastchance said:

i have been keeping up in missions just fine without passing this test...

Then, what is the point of going through it? You can stay at MR8, should be no problem whatsoever. IMHO, maybe do not force yourself to do something you sincerely dislike. The test is fine as it is, not very difficult, just not your style. Nobody is trying to punish anybody.

You might do it sometimes later if you change your mind.

14 minutes ago, akots said:

Then, what is the point of going through it? You can stay at MR8, should be no problem whatsoever. IMHO, maybe do not force yourself to do something you sincerely dislike. The test is fine as it is, not very difficult, just not your style. Nobody is trying to punish anybody.

You might do it sometimes later if you change your mind.

4 words Prime weapons and blueprints

Just ran it to see if I'm remembering it correctly. Yup. Its still just kill guys while other guys aren't pointed at you. Add enemy sense, it helps. You can still run into their face for a moment because of purposely added reaction time (I believe a few years ago now so they stop hitting the alert button so much) Also never tossed the glaive to show any melee could easily complete it and a fat rhino.

Its a test. Do the test as asked. done. Doesn't matter if you can do the math in your head and burn down the school with a flick of the wrist, They are asking you to show the work.

Keep in mind that the Tenno are supposed to be elite warriors. At its core, the mastery rank system is a measure of how much experience your character has. You get mastery rank from "mastering" weapons and frames by leveling them up, as well as exploring the map and fighting a wide variety of foes. It's not a measure of how well you use one particular tool, it's a measure of how big your toolbox is. If the only tool you are capable of using is brute force, can you really call yourself an experienced player?

I enjoy stealth. There's only one test that covers it while many of the others are all about running and gunning.

The last test I did, I had to kill 18 dudes in a minute while jumping around platforms. I didn't feel punished for it at all, even though I might have preferred slipping up behind them and slowly killing them one by one.

The most stupid way I remember doing that test is with the Skiajati on one of my "smurf accounts".

While it is true that a smurf is not the same as a new player, if a player is versed enough to have over 10 posts in the forum, i don't consider him new to begin with.

Isn't the entire point of mastery tests to show that you have collected skills and knowledge of the game, and not just blindly colected xp? So it's expected for players at one intermediate point of the game to show that they can do one solo stealth mission in a freaking Ninja Game.

Let's be honest. If you cant stealth complete a mission, you shouldn't be allowed to get mr9 guns.

It's only fair to show some basic ninja skills to progress in a space Ninja game.

But if your still having problems, try crouching and using throwing-mele weapons - it should make it a piece of cake.

I've always treated MR tests as something similar to how to you need to do those Martial Arts tests before you gain a higher belt: you do it and if you succeed, you get the belt; if you don't, you have to wait a certain period of time before you can try again. Add to the fact that there's a lot of Japanese-inspired elements to the game and that ninjas are involved and I can completely understand the rationale behind these tests and why they are the way they are.

I will say, however, that maybe their detection range should be lowered. Juuuuuuust a smidge. And if we have to have a lowered cooldown, then I can see a 12 hour cooldown being reasonable.

15 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

I've always treated MR tests as something similar to how to you need to do those Martial Arts tests before you gain a higher belt: you do it and if you succeed, you get the belt; if you don't, you have to wait a certain period of time before you can try again. Add to the fact that there's a lot of Japanese-inspired elements to the game and that ninjas are involved and I can completely understand the rationale behind these tests and why they are the way they are.

I will say, however, that maybe their detection range should be lowered. Juuuuuuust a smidge. And if we have to have a lowered cooldown, then I can see a 12 hour cooldown being reasonable.

I see it the same way except you forgot to mention the cool down for success

I think I did the test around october using Valkyr and the Glaive. Did practice a few times to get it right then completed it. I mostly did stand on the columns and stealth attacks based on the AI pattern. Now I think Ive gotten better at spy missions with it. Got recently the Rakta Dark Dagger this thing should help a lot being undected.

MR testing is a joke.

It's an artificial way to force you NOT to power level through the entire game.

You have to stop, beat a stupidly broken test, before you can move on gaining more mastery/daily cap levels/ and access to better gear and frames.

It needs to be removed. This game has been out so long, wrgaf if someone want's to power level all the way to the end?

I don't. Most of this game is trivial BS that just makes the game drag arse.

People want to get to end game/late game features.

NOT BE STUCK on some stupid test!

Hell, the game is so dead on the low end most days, you can run for hours before anybody joins you on a mission/survival/defense, or what not. That is, unless you got a huge friends list, and who may/may not want to assist you.

There are not that many low levels left in game playing the "STAR CHART".

For a coop game, unless my friends are on, it's 90% solo play most days....

Not good when you know the mission is a mf'er, and really need help to get through it.

Just saying, MR's should be removed.

Only the "elitist" gaf about them anymore.

And FYI, testing has run off more players than it's kept.

I know 6 of my friends left by MR3. They wanted to level up, NOT be tested every time, fail, and have to wait 24 BS hrs to continue leveling.

REMOVE MR TESTING!

REMOVE MR TESTING!

Archived