Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Study for 6 hours - play 1 hour - repeat.

WaifuJanna

Title. In over 20 years of video-games i never found a more frustrateing game experience then the experience warframe has.
If you are not a hardcore dedicated Warframe Player who sleeps in the forums and on reddit this game is barely playable:

I cant even imagine how "casual players" can finish anytthing in this game? I wouldnt call my self casual, since i study the wiki about mods, and searching "meta builds".... But I still cannot complete anything in this game without need to google video guides.... Everytime i want to play Warframe for some hours i have to prepare days of video guides to even get started....

Current Examples:

• Railjack missions (you need to know exactly what u are doing or you will fail)
  • Nightwave 3 - The Clue Search/Puzzle game. Even with watching a video guide took me like 10 hours to solve the puzzle
  • Nigthwave Any Weekly Mission.
    • Fish Rare fish... (I spend all my faction points to buy bait catched for 2 hours fish at the Lake every guide telling me... only to find out after 2 hours i still didnt got ONE single rare fish out of the 6)
    • Hydralist? Never seen one, Never fighted one, Dunno how to fight one.
  • Kuva Lich content.
    • still dunno how it works even after hours of video watching and wiki reading.

It feels like DE just want to rush content to confuse players.... And specialy the nightwave... Why i am forced to play Warframe as my 2nd Job just to get an umbral forma... And why the Nightwave missions are extremely unclear on what to do? And How to do it? Why they dont design Nightwave arround Content that Everybody can clear and understand?

Good Examples:

• Elite Weeklys:
    • Survive 90 minutes in a survival mission
    • Open 50 Relicts
    • Finish a Defence Mission Wave 50
    • Kill 10.000 Corpus

For the love of god, please stop us to force to play the game like you want to play it... I hate the complete open world content since its super confusing and random. Give me other Nightwave missions instead!!! Or give an alternative Way to Farm Umbra Forma or Buy/Trade them with Platin. I only want ONE single Umbra Forma... ONE just one... but i will never get it... Its impossible to archive with the current system. And i am not even a casual player as i explained in the beginning...

Edited by Jannanomana
  • Like 9

Incase you didnt know nightwave runs for like half a year so you are not in a rush to do it fast. I didnt even look at challenges in nightwave intermission and got to rank 30 by casually playing 30 min-1 hour each day which is in no way hardcore

• Like 22

Gerade eben schrieb _Euphoria_:

Incase you didnt know nightwave runs for like half a year so you are not in a rush to do it fast. I didnt even look at challenges in nightwave intermission and got to rank 30 by casually playing 30 min-1 hour each day which is in no way hardcore

thats what i though last time too.. "just play relax and u will get it".. no i dont.. i play 2-3 hours every day doing missions and sorties. but i never/rarely do the Eidolon content..

If you are a part of a big clan that can help to get a better understanding  of some of the "mechanics" if you ask.

There are also a lot of tubers who make quick and short guides prety fast about new stuff and they explain it pretty well that helped me a lot.

I cant realy offer much insight i went trought the  updates as they came out IF you are new you just need to get used to it there are a LOT of stuff going in if you wan to progress NW as a new player  i mean MASSIVE amount of content is tied to nw progress take it slow dont burn urself out ask others for help  and keep ur chin up.:)

• Like 2

Well hello there tenno ^.^ 

You play 2-3 hours every day ? With that you should know the ropes of the game in like a week not kidding.

I play from 30 minutes to an hour and half everyday and i help new tenno. I learn most of the stuff i want to know by playing the game.

Do you really do that much research before playing ?

@Magus_Tahir Forgot your glasses again ?

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 5

vor 1 Minute schrieb Aseraan:

If you are a part of a big clan that can help to get a better understanding  of some of the "mechanics" if you ask.

There are also a lot of tubers who make quick and short guides prety fast about new stuff and they explain it pretty well that helped me a lot.

I cant realy offer much insight i went trought the  updates as they came out IF you are new you just need to get used to it there are a LOT of stuff going in if you wan to progress NW as a new player  i mean MASSIVE amount of content is tied to nw progress take it slow dont burn urself out ask others for help  and keep ur chin up.:)

if i want my umbra forma.. Which i realy need to finish my Gara Setup i am forced to do any Nightwave mission i see there every day. else i will never obtain one..

vor 5 Minuten schrieb trunks013:

Well hello there tenno ^.^ 

You play 2-3 hours every day ? With that you should know the ropes of the game in like a week not kidding.

I play from 30 minutes to an hour and half everyday and i help new tenno. I learn most of the stuff i want to know by playing the game.

Do you really do that much research before playing ?

@Magus_Tahir Forgot your glasses again ?

As said, i play Warframe as it was supposed to be in 2015 . just do some missions and have fun.

I mostly spam any defence or survival mission (relicts) and the daily sorties. But for nightwave you almost have to do OpenWorld Content every single time. And i hate that.. I want to play Warframe as my Relaxing Shooter and not as an MMORPG. I dont want to fish here or gather...

Edited by Jannanomana

Just now, Jannanomana said:

if i want my umbra forma.. Which i realy need to finish my Gara Setup i am forced to do any Nightwave mission i see there every day. else i will never obtain one..

Look for ppl who does the challenges on recruit chat weeklys mostly can be done via recruit chat if you  get desperate  get into a clan and look help for there. Also you arent force to do all lets say safe to say u can miss 20% of it or even 25% and ur still be okay  considering the last nightwave went on sooo long(intermission) dont freak out about it i barely do nw and im rank 21  atm  most of the vets in my clan probably hititng 28-9 or more.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jannanomana said:

As said, i play Warframe as it was supposed to be in 2015 . just do some missions and have fun.

I mostly spam any defence or survival mission and the daily sorties. But for nightwave you almost have to do OpenWorld Content every single time. And i hate that.. I want to play Warframe as my Relaxing Shooter and not as an MMORPG. I dont want to fish here or gather...

Oh i get that tenno i got a lot of tenno who do not like fishing. But 2-3 hours ? You can do the entire open world map missions under 30 minutes. Fishing literally takes 3 minutes since they all spawn in the same spot. Same goes for minning*.

Even with that if you do all the other challenges technicly with the time you should get plenty of points to reach that level. I can fetch stats but honestly you can skip entire weeks of nightwave asn still get to 26 on top of that on this one its not even 29 its 26. You are almost there. Btw if you are looking for good fishing spot i know a bunch ^.^ its gonna be a breeze ^.^ 

3 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Im not sure. That purple text is rather blurry on my phone. 

Nah its hard to read just plain and simple we dont really read purple that often am i right ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb trunks013:

Oh i get that tenno i got a lot of tenno who do not like fishing. But 2-3 hours ? You can do the entire open world map missions under 30 minutes. Fishing literally takes 3 minutes since they all spawn in the same spot. Same goes for missing.

Even with that if you do all the other challenges technicly with the time you should get plenty of points to reach that level. I can fetch stats but honestly you can skip entire weeks of nightwave asn still get to 26 on top of that on this one its not even 29 its 26. You are almost there. Btw if you are looking for good fishing spot i know a bunch ^.^ its gonna be a breeze ^.^ 

Nah its hard to read just plain and simple we dont really read purple that often am i right ^.^ 

guy ingame told me i cant get rare fish with orange or green bait... so i cant even catch one cause no Faction level for purple bait 😞

Your good examples of elite weeklys suck and would take far longer than current weekly tasks. My over 30 years of gaming experience says adapt.

8 minutes ago, Jannanomana said:

guy ingame told me i cant get rare fish with orange or green bait... so i cant even catch one cause no Faction level for purple bait 😞

Murkray is rare, blue bait, on the ocean. 10 minutes.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Jannanomana said:

that guys is not an animal crossing fan who spent hours fishing just for fun and has all bait i guess.

You know i can bait murkrais for you and you can fish them with the first spear ! and on top of that they are rare ^.^ and they spawn all time of the day in group.

5 minutes litteraly but i'm not the only one you can easely ask in recruiting chat fishing squad are not that rare ^.^ unless you steal beers ^.^ 

Just saying ^.^ in life a lot of the time someones hardest challenge is someone else playground ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 1

I agree to some extend...but I agree only from a fairly new player perspective.
Once you learn how to build 1 primary/secondary/melee you can pretty much build all primaries/secondaries/melee.
Once you do a couple of spy missions you can do pretty much any spy mission except the lua ones.
Once you do 1 boss you pretty much can do them all, mechanics are easy even if you don't search them and the other is all 'bout the numbers.
That works for all types of missions.
The one thing you may want to look up for is a warframe build but...even if you don't min-max one it will do fairly good.
The learning curve is very very steep for a new player but after you get a hold of the basics it all pretty much comes down to mashing melee/fire button and going to extraction.
I'll give an example with lazargaming's channel on youtube - every one of his videos he explains the same exact build and uses the same exact mods and in 90-99% of the cases if you put them blindly in on a random gun they will work more than fine. 😄

tl;dr yes for a new player is a lot of learning outside the game, but for someone who learned it...you don't need to check anything ever again.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jannanomana said:

You can skip like half of the challenges, and still get to Umbra forma. Pretty sure I'll be able to get mine this week already, and we're not even half way there (according to the amount of chapters in the lower-right corner of nightwave screen)

Sure, the more you do, the quicker you'll get it, but if you see something on there that you can't do, or that is way too time consuming for you, just don't worry about it.

You can do about 60% of the nightwave content and be fine, you'll have a lot of spare standing if you do everything. Doing everything just gets you there faster.

That being said, the dailies are most important to do since they expire, weeklies can be recovered up to a point so if you're doing everything you can you should have time to figure out and work through the backlog of weeklies.

Warframe is notorious for its lack of information, but it's also notorious for it's communities willingness to help.

Railjack: Since it's a  high learning curve (and avionic curve for speed runs/survivability) you can hop on with someone that knows the deal. For the most part you could sit on the ship or in the forward artillery as everything explodes in Gian Point. Even simpler so, you could recruit a party for earth proxima and just archwing party.

Nightwave: Guides are essentially pointless other than letting you know what clues to focus on since there are randomized variables and spawn locations made to intentionally stop players from following a video.

Rare Fish: You can tag along in a group, they can show you a spot and you can leech off their bait

Hydrolist: Is the final trilogy in the Eidolon series. You go out to Plains of Eidolons at night (you can also find bounties with Konzu, but it's typically better to recruit) you get at least two lures, charge them, use your amp to drop the Teralyst's shield, then shoot it's joints (Synoids)  up until you capture it. Capturing it will require two charged lures. The first lure to connect will drop loot, you've gotta make sure to grab it all. From there you go to Gara Toth lake and drop your shard into the shrine, then the Gantulyst will spawn, you'll need three lures to capture it. Many amp shots and synoid damage later you'll pick up that shard take it to the shrine and summon the Hydrolist.

All in all you can find Eidolon guides/tutorials all over youtube that will probably make more sense than the text version, plus recruit for a nightwave carry isn't gonna be shamed since Eidolons, much like Railjack require a specific set of knowledge and tools

Kuva Lich: The most recent Island experience will have you commit close to 4 if not more hours on your first experience between decyphering the words, actually getting the requiem relics and mods then trying the combination on the Lich where only lucky guessing can save you time.

If you ever get stuck go to recruit or a twitch chat and grab someone that can show you a play by play if the Guides dont do the trick.

No it doesn't excuse the poor information in the game, but at least you'll get it done and have less to worry about.

• Like 2

It was a hard reed just because you made a lot of color and it hurt my eyes a lot.
I agree with a couple you said, the main problem is DE has no idea how to teach us, or even explain anything. 
All tutorial the game has is the basic tutorial and that's it, if you were not there when said gamemode got patched in and read the notes you have no idea how it works, same goes for modding, status effects.
Perfect example is when the alst event(scarlet spear) dropped, it took the community like 3 days to figure out how the scoring works, because DE was lazy explaining it correctly and then when we figured it out they "fixed" it because it did not worked correctly.
DE need a time maneger and a teacher too.

also nightwave is  a battlepass, with no expire date, you'll never know when will it go away.  sure the one before glassmaker lasted for half a year because of DE's poor management but that doesn't mean this one will too. 

Whatever is in the game you have to take it with a grain of salt and either accept it or leave, or just take brakes.

• Like 1

I see multiple things wrong with your suggestions for elite weekly's. You suggest doing a 50 wave defense is fine but do have you actually thought about the effect of it on other players? When I was at college and working, I found it hard to find the time to do nightwave, I highly doubt I am the only one that has this issue. If your suggestions actually came into fruition then people who are in the same boat as me would hardly level in nightwave. DE made it so nightwave can be completed by newer players with some dificulty to it. To me it just seems like you can hardly understand the game at all and complain because you "play the game like you did in 2015". Actually play the content when it comes out and then you'll be able to understand it more. Umbral forma isn't something you should get so easily with little to no effort, it's meant to be rare and you need to work in order to gain it.

1 hour ago, Jannanomana said:

In over 20 years of video-games i never found a more frustrateing game experience then the experience warframe has.
If you are not a hardcore dedicated Warframe Player who sleeps in the forums and on reddit this game is barely playable:

I cant even imagine how "casual players" can finish anytthing in this game? I wouldnt call my self casual, since i study the wiki about mods, and searching "meta builds".... But I still cannot complete anything in this game without need to google video guides.... Everytime i want to play Warframe for some hours i have to prepare days of video guides to even get started....

Current Examples:

• Railjack missions (you need to know exactly what u are doing or you will fail)
  • Nightwave 3 - The Clue Search/Puzzle game. Even with watching a video guide took me like 10 hours to solve the puzzle
  • Nigthwave Any Weekly Mission.
    • Fish Rare fish... (I spend all my faction points to buy bait catched for 2 hours fish at the Lake every guide telling me... only to find out after 2 hours i still didnt got ONE single rare fish out of the 6)
    • Hydralist? Never seen one, Never fighted one, Dunno how to fight one.
  • Kuva Lich content.
    • still dunno how it works even after hours of video watching and wiki reading.

It feels like DE just want to rush content to confuse players.... And specialy the nightwave... Why i am forced to play Warframe as my 2nd Job just to get an umbral forma... And why the Nightwave missions are extremely unclear on what to do? And How to do it? Why they dont design Nightwave arround Content that Everybody can clear and understand?

Good Examples:

• Elite Weeklys:
    • Survive 90 minutes in a survival mission
    • Open 50 Relicts
    • Finish a Defence Mission Wave 50
    • Kill 10.000 Corpus

For the love of god, please stop us to force to play the game like you want to play it... I hate the complete open world content since its super confusing and random. Give me other Nightwave missions instead!!! Or give an alternative Way to Farm Umbra Forma or Buy/Trade them with Platin. I only want ONE single Umbra Forma... ONE just one... but i will never get it... Its impossible to archive with the current system. And i am not even a casual player as i explained in the beginning...

This is such an over exaggeration. A causal player can easily do these challenges as you have week to do these. And from your lack of knowledge that demonstrated you're extremely new, nightwave will be up for a long time, playbthe game and find these things out naturally instead of forcing yourself to overload on game facts that you're clearly not ready for and blaming that it's games fault.

Also the multi color words is childish and is not helping you in slightest in your arguement 

Edited by (XB1)The Neko Otaku

me too, I hate tridolon, the lighting and visual effect of that boss fight hurt my eyes, I stop farming it a long time ago but now because of NW, I have to gone through that again. I purposely lower the light intensity and as a result I cant see the toxic rain or the thunder attack of the boss and I wonder how come lures die so fast only then I realize without that visual effect, I can't see many attacks & keep bringing the lures to the boss's attacks LOL

and also I just realize I can't see the fishing hotspot too, aint sure which settings I changed affected it. 

Edited by HeartPurity

I just need 2 more rank to unlock the syandana and shoulder armor, I have been longing for that awesome shoulder armor 🖐️

Just need one more sortie missions then I can unlock the syandana 👍

Edited by HeartPurity