WaifuJanna

Warframe: Study for 6 hours - play 1 hour - repeat.

Posted (edited)

Don't want to sound condescending but if you're having trouble with things like Railjack or Liches (or even fishing although fishing really isnt that confusing) I would suggest that you ask someone else to do the mission with you and maybe explain it while you're doing it. Now it just seems like you're stumbling around having trouble with content that really isn't all that confusing (Although I agree with you that DE needs to improve ingame explanations) and you're  suggesting braindead grindy content instead. Killing 10k corpus really isn't possible for the basic player without actually putting in a lot of effort and time. More time and effort than the average player is willing to put into it actually.  I mean, even I would find it boring to do 20 waves of ESO just to grind that challenge out and you're suggesting that the MR4 player with his normal Braton and Bo does it? Also, when opening Lith relics in pubs with newer players (MR2 or smth)  they often told me when I asked to continue that they simply didn't have anymore relics, let alone 50. My suggestion: Simply ask other players how to do stuff instead of trying to find it all out on your own from the wiki's. The Nightwave challenges are good in a way that they stimulate players to play content they otherwise perhaps wouldn't and that most challenges (with help perhaps) are possible for even the newer players.

Edited by MisterNicegamer_
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

I don’t really know what I just read

well it looks like clown vomit at first glance of the technic color nightmare of words. But seems like op seems newish to the game and instead of trying to play and find out what context behind the challenges are naturally, went on youtube and overloaded on everything and blames the game for it.

Which doesn't make sense since the challenges he complain about aren't that hard to find info about. Rare fish is honestly something simple to figure out by yourself, any gish that has a specific bait is rare and the bait has a description on where to use the bait and what time of day to get the fish.

Edited by (XB1)The Neko Otaku

1 hour ago, Jannanomana said:
  • Nightwave 3 - The Clue Search/Puzzle game. Even with watching a video guide took me like 10 hours to solve the puzzle

Looking at this, and your choice of text-style...
Maybe its not the game, its you?

I'm not calling you dumb or anything, but yeah...

• Like 1

I have a couple of thoughts on this. While you’re right, the game is awful at explaining things and doing research is pretty much mandatory, it doesn’t take nearly as long as you’re claiming to do a quick google search on where something drops or how a mechanic works.

That being said, warframe is a really weird game and it only appeals to a certain type of player. If you’re not that certain type of player you will likely hate this game, just like every friend of mine I’ve ever tried to get into it. So it may just be that you’re not one of those people that loves this game, and that’s okay too.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jannanomana said:

Title. In over 20 years of video-games i never found a more frustrateing game experience then the experience warframe has.
If you are not a hardcore dedicated Warframe Player who sleeps in the forums and on reddit this game is barely playable:

I cant even imagine how "casual players" can finish anytthing in this game? I wouldnt call my self casual, since i study the wiki about mods, and searching "meta builds".... But I still cannot complete anything in this game without need to google video guides.... Everytime i want to play Warframe for some hours i have to prepare days of video guides to even get started....

Current Examples:

• Railjack missions (you need to know exactly what u are doing or you will fail)
  • Nightwave 3 - The Clue Search/Puzzle game. Even with watching a video guide took me like 10 hours to solve the puzzle
  • Nigthwave Any Weekly Mission.
    • Fish Rare fish... (I spend all my faction points to buy bait catched for 2 hours fish at the Lake every guide telling me... only to find out after 2 hours i still didnt got ONE single rare fish out of the 6)
    • Hydralist? Never seen one, Never fighted one, Dunno how to fight one.
  • Kuva Lich content.
    • still dunno how it works even after hours of video watching and wiki reading.

It feels like DE just want to rush content to confuse players.... And specialy the nightwave... Why i am forced to play Warframe as my 2nd Job just to get an umbral forma... And why the Nightwave missions are extremely unclear on what to do? And How to do it? Why they dont design Nightwave arround Content that Everybody can clear and understand?

Good Examples:

• Elite Weeklys:
    • Survive 90 minutes in a survival mission
    • Open 50 Relicts
    • Finish a Defence Mission Wave 50
    • Kill 10.000 Corpus

For the love of god, please stop us to force to play the game like you want to play it... I hate the complete open world content since its super confusing and random. Give me other Nightwave missions instead!!! Or give an alternative Way to Farm Umbra Forma or Buy/Trade them with Platin. I only want ONE single Umbra Forma... ONE just one... but i will never get it... Its impossible to archive with the current system. And i am not even a casual player as i explained in the beginning...

This whole post is nothing but hyperbole. 

You're clearly very new to the game and don't really understand whats going on, which is fine, but you really shouldn't be saying that you've watched "hours of video guides" and still can't understand the basics of things, or that it takes you "10 hours" to solve the incredibly simple Glassmaker puzzles. Stop exaggerating.

But for nightwave you almost have to do OpenWorld Content every single time. And i hate that.. I want to play Warframe as my Relaxing Shooter and not as an MMORPG.

Mate, Warframe has always been a MMORPG since it's early days. Also, Nightwave is supposed to give players more variety in their challenges and to explore different parts of the game in order to get the rewards, which is perfectly fine. And you also don't even have to do the Open World missions for Nightwave if you do not want to. Nightwave sticks around for a long time and skipping a couple of challenges is not going to stop you from getting to rank 30.

This is why it's clear you're very new to the game.

As said, i play Warframe as it was supposed to be in 2015 . just do some missions and have fun.

Again; you can still just do missions and have fun. Nothing has changed in that regard.

My advice; don't post hyperbolic things like this on the forums and just plainly ask for some help from other players and/or join a clan if you haven't already and ask them for advice.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

God forbid you ever play games like Destiny 2 and Path of Exile then....

You complain about this:

"Why i am forced to play Warframe as my 2nd Job just to get an umbral forma."

Also, you propose this?:

Good Examples:

• Elite Weeklys:
    • Open 50 Relicts
    • Kill 10.000 Corpus

Nick Young Wtf GIF

Edited by lukasystem
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, lukasystem said:

You complain about this:

Uh, think you got the wrong person there friend. That's the OP's quote not mine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jannanomana said:

Title. In over 20 years of video-games i never found a more frustrateing game experience then the experience warframe has.
If you are not a hardcore dedicated Warframe Player who sleeps in the forums and on reddit this game is barely playable:

I cant even imagine how "casual players" can finish anytthing in this game? I wouldnt call my self casual, since i study the wiki about mods, and searching "meta builds".... But I still cannot complete anything in this game without need to google video guides.... Everytime i want to play Warframe for some hours i have to prepare days of video guides to even get started....

Current Examples:

• Railjack missions (you need to know exactly what u are doing or you will fail)
    • Fish Rare fish... (I spend all my faction points to buy bait catched for 2 hours fish at the Lake every guide telling me... only to find out after 2 hours i still didnt got ONE single rare fish out of the 6)
  • Kuva Lich content.

It feels like DE just want to rush content to confuse players.... And specialy the nightwave... Why i am forced to play Warframe as my 2nd Job just to get an umbral forma... And why the Nightwave missions are extremely unclear on what to do? And How to do it? Why they dont design Nightwave arround Content that Everybody can clear and understand?

Good Examples:

• Elite Weeklys:
    • Open 50 Relicts
    • Kill 10.000 Corpus

For the love of god, please stop us to force to play the game like you want to play it... I hate the complete open world content since its super confusing and random. Give me other Nightwave missions instead!!! Or give an alternative Way to Farm Umbra Forma or Buy/Trade them with Platin. I only want ONE single Umbra Forma... ONE just one... but i will never get it... Its impossible to archive with the current system. And i am not even a casual player as i explained in the beginning...

Hello. First of everything, welcome! And yes, warframe have probably the most hard new player's experience ever. That said, once you get the grip on the game you eventually start learning stuff REALLY fast because you understand the game's logic. If you need any help, let me know ingame. Add me and ill be glad to help you or guide you there!

MMMM Hyperbole Pie, my favorite!

Served with a rainbow of colors as well!

Really now, it's fine to not like WF and all, but you sound like DE came to your house and robbed you or something.

As others have stated, it's probably just not the game for you, walk away and find one you like, no one is forcing you to play.

Yeesh.

hace 2 horas, Jannanomana dijo:

Current Examples:

• Kuva Lich content.

Good Examples:

• Elite Weeklys:
    • Open 50 Relicts
    • Kill 10.000 Corpus

To be fair you seems to have a very "slow" mind ....

"Railjack missions (you need to know exactly what u are doing or you will fail)" What? ... you just go .... pew pew the S#&$s and done :S . Now after the neft its almost imposible to fail .

"Fish Rare fish..." takes less than 10 minutes .

"Nightwave 3 - The Clue Search/Puzzle game. Even with watching a video guide took me like 10 hours to solve the puzzle" .... takes an hour at most without using any guide .... with a guide you have to be very "special" to not being able to do it in minutes .

"Hydralist? Never seen one, Never fighted one, Dunno how to fight one." You have more then 1 year here :facepalm : .... Learn how to do , same as in any other game with bosses .

"still dunno how it works even after hours of video watching and wiki reading. " Another thing of your "special" mind .... Kill kuva baby with the weapon you want , kill thralls and the lich in the nodes their control to farm murmurs .... kill the lich with the correct parazon mods and profit ..... its so hard that you need a guide ?

This is why we can't have challenging content. Imagine being unable to understand something despite reading the wiki and watching hours and hours of videos. You can't do something that simple as an earth mission on railjack or even fishing propperly and then ask for 50 waves defenses or 90 mins survival? LMFAO

But yeah, the game fails to give crucial info ingame and relies on the wiki / partners to explain things. I wish they (devs) do something about it, but people like you won't read anyway and then will ask on chat linking something that the link itself says (as the Cryptographic ALU for Razorback) or complain in the forums for not understanding things they hadn't seen yet.

2 hours ago, AltairFerenc said:

also nightwave is  a battlepass, with no expire date, you'll never know when will it go away. 

This is bullS#&$ lmfao, they tell you with weeks of anticipation when a NW comes to an end. There is a large square on the right side of your navigation consoles, wich have a "NEWS" title with glowing color text for the things you didn't read. pThey announce it on every single social media and the forums.

3 hours ago, Jannanomana said:

Current Examples:

• Kuva Lich content.

Good Examples:

• Elite Weeklys:
    • Open 50 Relicts
    • Kill 10.000 Corpus

Piece of advice welcome to grinding game just wait on how they'll implement new player experience.

hace 58 minutos, TheGodofWiFi dijo:

Uh, think you got the wrong person there friend. That's the OP's quote not mine.

Damn, must've glitched something while editing the gif.

10 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

This is bullS#&$ lmfao, they tell you with weeks of anticipation when a NW comes to an end. There is a large square on the right side of your navigation consoles, wich have a "NEWS" title with glowing color text for the things you didn't read. pThey announce it on every single social media and the forums.

but you know when the current one ends rn? no you don't so you have idea you have to rush or not. in smite when a new battlepass launches there's literally a day counter telling you how many time you have, but in WF? sure DE tells you a week or 2 before it ends because they have no idea either when it should end.

Just now, AltairFerenc said:

but you know when the current one ends rn? no you don't so you have idea you have to rush or not. in smite when a new battlepass launches there's literally a day counter telling you how many time you have, but in WF? sure DE tells you a week or 2 before it ends because they have no idea either when it should end.

Rush what? We are currently on ep 2 from 5 episodes, took a month to release 1, I haven't done everyhting on NW and I'm sitting on lvl 21. Where is the need to rush? In those 2 weeks you can catch lvl 30 very easy with the recovering system. 

In my first year in WF I constantly had the WF wiki open on my second monitor. It was certainly an uphill battle, but if taken indivdually none of the mechanics are hard to understand. It is just a mountain of information when everything is taken together.

I did the Railjack missions easily and for the most part without team members, but my RJ is also well equipped at this point.

Posted (edited)

Dude if you watch "video guides" on the stuff you mentioned and STILL don't get it I don't think there is anything DE can do for you.
As others have mentioned, nightwave stuff is pretty forgiving, I am one level away from 30 on it and we are just at chapter 2 out of 5 in it, you still have plenty of time. For the sake of my own sanity I want to believe you are exaggerating at best or trolling at worst.

EDIT: It's true the game has a lack of "explaining things" and that the wiki is essential but you are just blowing out of proportions the complexity of things in game.

Edited by BluKiddo
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
vor 2 Stunden schrieb Satan:

Am I the only one who is confused to #*!% on how he watched videos on fishing and still got it wrong

the guide showed me the map, where to fish, how to get fish bait and what harpoon i should use.. the guide didnt tell me with the Green Bait i never get a rare fish...

Until today i though "all the big fishes are rares"... but it looks like the only rare fish in the game is the one where u need the blue bait.. Player helped me with it 🙂

And i forget to name the Newly added Protea Fight in my main topic... I asummed i have to throw that thing with the middle mousebutton, tryed it for like 40 minutes, revived 3 times ... and then suddnely it worked...

Now i am just sitting here and think How a "Normal" player would beat the Protea fight [without a ~400 armor frame, aegis arcana, 90% dmg reduction ability, 90% dmg reduction mod ](.. since had a pretty solid and tank equipped frame (my gara) , even got a crazy statstick for her.)

with "Normal" player i mean. a player who just read Warframe got an update and jump back into the game. Without even primed mods, exilus mods, arcana, without even used Forma at all

Edited by Jannanomana

Just work it out, nothing in this game is overly complex. each of those systems you mentioned have 1 or 2 things to figure out and then thats it. nothing should be taking you 10 hours to get the basics down. I have never watched videos first because as far as i am concerned that ruins the content that just came out and imo nobody should be doing that. if you piece together what you are doing it wont take long at all. learning on my own is much more fun.

the nightwave puzzle took me 30 seconds to figure out so i dont know how it took you 10 hours.... i failed it the first time but immediately knew what was going on so its not like there is a huge secret or anything.

Do you want to know how i did that content?

Spoiler

• Railjack missions (you need to know exactly what u are doing or you will fail) - Doesn't seem like a problem to me, how do you do anything in any game if you dont know how to do it? I seen an exterminate counter show up on the top left, and sometimes an objective. Do that 24 times and viola! you win.
  • Nightwave 3 - The Clue Search/Puzzle game. Even with watching a video guide took me like 10 hours to solve the puzzle - I ran in and figured it out, got it on the 2nd try. knowing its a crime scene and there was evidence and with what showed up during the choices, i immediately realized what i had to do.
    • Fish Rare fish... (I spend all my faction points to buy bait catched for 2 hours fish at the Lake every guide telling me... only to find out after 2 hours i still didnt got ONE single rare fish out of the 6) - i can understand this one a bit since there are fish only at day and only at night. for future reference use murkray bait in the ocean on the left or right or the cave at the bottom right of vallis. i have never used the lake for this challenge. It should take you maybe 20 mins.
    • Hydralist? Never seen one, Never fighted one, Dunno how to fight one. - Same as the first one i said about the railjack comment.
  • Kuva Lich content. still dunno how it works even after hours of video watching and wiki reading. - ran in and figured it out. noticed there were relics, realized the lich page had empty slots for mods, looked at the relics and i knew then that i needed the stuff from relics for my lich. the only tricky part is immunity means nothing for corrosive, even if they are immune to it, their ferrite armor means they are weak to it, and basically it balances out and becomes neutral because of the two differences. you do want to try and  mod for their weakness though if it is possible.

TL;DR jump in and figure it out. its do or die time! best way to learn is to try it yourself.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Satan:

I see multiple things wrong with your suggestions for elite weekly's. You suggest doing a 50 wave defense is fine but do have you actually thought about the effect of it on other players? When I was at college and working, I found it hard to find the time to do nightwave, I highly doubt I am the only one that has this issue. If your suggestions actually came into fruition then people who are in the same boat as me would hardly level in nightwave. DE made it so nightwave can be completed by newer players with some dificulty to it. To me it just seems like you can hardly understand the game at all and complain because you "play the game like you did in 2015". Actually play the content when it comes out and then you'll be able to understand it more. Umbral forma isn't something you should get so easily with little to no effort, it's meant to be rare and you need to work in order to gain it.

finding the 3 Sabotage Cases in 3 mission took me way longer and is way more frustrating then sitting in a defence mission, chill a bit and protect the core.. your dont even have to move that much 🙂

vor 48 Minuten schrieb vanaukas:

This is why we can't have challenging content. Imagine being unable to understand something despite reading the wiki and watching hours and hours of videos. You can't do something that simple as an earth mission on railjack or even fishing propperly and then ask for 50 waves defenses or 90 mins survival? LMFAO

But yeah, the game fails to give crucial info ingame and relies on the wiki / partners to explain things. I wish they (devs) do something about it, but people like you won't read anyway and then will ask on chat linking something that the link itself says (as the Cryptographic ALU for Razorback) or complain in the forums for not understanding things they hadn't seen yet.

for 50 waves defence or 90 min survival you dont need any guide... you know how those missions work cause of the story... This just takes time and a decent party that dont leave after 10 waves Saturn Helena...

Meanwhile just to catch ANY fish. i need to first unlock the Open World Content. then figure out where to get fishing rod, then i need to make dailys to push faction just to get fish bait and then i still have to find the correct fish... And i am not even talking about the fact that i need like 3-5 tryes for each fish catch...

3 minutes ago, Jannanomana said:

for 50 waves defence or 90 min survival you dont need any guide... you know how those missions work cause of the story... This just takes time and a decent party that dont leave after 10 waves Saturn Helena...

Meanwhile just to catch ANY fish. i need to first unlock the Open World Content. then figure out where to get fishing rod, then i need to make dailys to push faction just to get fish bait and then i still have to find the correct fish... And i am not even talking about the fact that i need like 3-5 tryes for each fish catch...

So?

It's called playing the game.

I have never caught a fish, see no reason to ever catch a fish, and no desire to do any of it.

Ignore it if you don't like it, no one forces it on you.

How is this hard to understand?

Guy, actually read Satan's comment please. 50 wave defence is not chill for newer players. You're actually thinking only from what you like/dislike and not from the bigger picture. Same with the 10k corpus kills. Please give me a good way how a MR2 with a normal braton and bo is able to kill that many corpus enemies without it taking him ages? NW is made to be accessable for all players while still making you do (somewhat) challenging things. Its not supposed to be a braindead grindfest.

12 minutes ago, Jannanomana said:

the guide showed me the map, where to fish, how to get fish bait and what harpoon i should use.. the guide didnt tell me with the Green Bait i never get a rare fish...

Until today i though "all the big fishes are rares"... but it looks like the only rare fish in the game is the one where u need the blue bait.. Player helped me with it 🙂

Also no, there are actually other rare fishes that need other kinds of bait. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Fishing. For the Plains of Eidolon its: Murkray, Norg, Cuthol and Glappid (For which you need Murkray, Norg, Cuthol and Glappid bait respectively) and for the Orb Vallis its: Tromyzon, Charamote and Synathid (That also each have their own bait, the bait is not required but strongly recommended cause the chances they show up without bait are quite low). It literally says on the wiki which types of fishes are rare, what kind of bait you need and what special circumstances you'll need (time of day or warmth, hotspot/no hotspot). 

14 minutes ago, Jannanomana said:

finding the 3 Sabotage Cases in 3 mission took me way longer and is way more frustrating then sitting in a defence mission, chill a bit and protect the core.. your dont even have to move that much 🙂

So you are saying that sitting in a defense mission doing practically nothing is better than exploring the maps to find caches? My solid opinion of your post and this response is just that you are bad at the game, your complaints are pointless seeing as you don't progress with the game being stuck in the "2015 warframe". You just don't like the fact that the nightwave is catered to your taste and how you play the game, yes some may agree with you but again, that's some. You need to actually play the content when it arrives instead of *@##$ing about it when it challenges containing that content comes to nightwave, to me you are just a boomer who can't stand change.

• Like 3