Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken Codex scans

MaiNeym

Last updated November 2nd, 2022 (Hotfix 32.0.13)
After more than 2 years, I don't intend to keep updating this thread further. 
Instead I updated the wiki with the bugs I had confirmed: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Codex#Complications

A list of Codex Bugs, scans from Quests that you can't replay, and Old enemies that got removed.
If I'm mistaken somewhere, feel free to correct me.

(Google sheet of tables below)

Spoiler

("H" = Hidden for new players, but still visible when partially/fully scanned. Simulacrum is always visible when applicable)

Enemy name Codex Simulacrum Bug Quest Old Info
ARTIFICER ? fJI5YFA.png     H Operation: Shadow Debt
BASAL DIPLOID REX MJwmqd7.png lMcLjqt.png X     Player reports Helios scans did not count, and had to manually scan.
CARABUS fm6BYdE.png 41W5ZJv.png     H Operation: Shadow Debt
CHORALYST mwF5w3y.png HNdW89s.png X   X The ones that currently spawn in Orphix missions don't count towards this codex entree
CONDRIX vnijWnU.png N/A     X Operation: Scarlet Spear
DATALYST ? tTilfWm.png     H Operation: Shadow Debt
DEIMOS LEAPER 9qYpD0t.png hepGUCp.png     X Enemy originally spawned in Arcana bounty - toxin phase, but we can't find them anymore
DEIMOS SWARM MUTALIST MOA W3KXl0H.png cuy2Ple.png X     Enemy not found
DEIMOS SWARM MUTALIST MOA EXIMUS rxQzoQc.png MivkAP8.png X     Enemy not found
DEVOTEE QP8KlCZ.png N/A     X Nightwave season 2
FERAL DIPLOID REX wKMte8m.png 26JaFDp.png X     Player reports Helios scans did not count, and had to manually scan.
FORTRESS SCANNER cTPNBGc.png N/A X     Scanning a Fortress Scanner in Kuva Fortress will count as if you scanned a corpus SECURITY CAMERA
The SECURITY CAMERA also has an Entry both in OBJECTS and FACTIONS.
GYRE ROLLER SENTRY Ome8Hyv.png oKTTPeY.png X     Only the kosma rollers spawn, no matter which proxima
GYRIX gksn06O.png N/A     X Operation: Scarlet Spear and in the new war quest, in the second part of RJ with the sun, a limited amount of Gyrix can spawn briefly.
INFESTED HIVE (x6) DLJ3lhC.png N/A   X   Quest: Hidden messages
Can only be replayed if you join someone else that has the quest.
INFESTED TUMOR (Object) ydjthGL.png N/A     X Duplicate is from Jordas raid, which is removed from the game.
IONYX gNHLcET.png N/A   X X Operation: Scarlet Spear
and The New War quest
J3 JORDAS GOLEM 1SormZD.png N/A     X Jordas raid was removed from the game.
JUNO GEMINEX MOA h3sHMSu.png iTEDOGn.png X     Duplicate
NARMER BUZZARD DROPSHIP? Espo6uk.png N/A X     All dropships in Narmer bounties are scannable, but none show up in the codex.
NARMER CONDOR DROPSHIP? 8olLdZa.png N/A X     All dropships in Narmer bounties are scannable, but none show up in the codex.
NARMER MILITANT? vaBEnwd.png N/A X     Enemy not found. Silhouette looks like the Narmer Ostron Militant
NARMER THUSK THUMPER grZ1DWp.png N/A X     The only Narmer bounty spawns DOMA variants.
NARMER THUSK THUMPER BULL 5LLT4Wc.png N/A X     The only Narmer bounty spawns DOMA variants.
NIGHTFALL APOTHIC IMPRINT (object) HacIgQm.png N/A     X Bugs out for some players, and won't get the codex entree when playing The Silver grove quest
NIGHTWATCH CARRIER ? HWb5FXK.png     H Project Undermine and and can be found in Excavation Anniversary Missions
REINFORCED GLASS (object) FO0DDxT.png N/A     X Removed since Jupiter Rework
SATURN SIX FUGITIVE wcEGh9g.png P3hctyL.png     X Nightwave season 1
SUNRISE APOTHIC IMPRINT (object) n892tmQ.png N/A     X Bugs out for some players, and won't get the codex entree when playing The Silver grove quest
THE RAPTOR NTAJnWJ.png N/A X     The correct scans are the 4 variants.
You only get THE RAPTOR if you scan him during the cutscene (by teleporting in the room with Nova and Helios or use the atlas augment when it spawns and after the conduit is destroyed)
TOMB GUARDIAN ilWadJt.png hvJCFO2.png   X   "Sands of Inaros" quest can NOT be replayed.
TOMB PROTECTOR sUM34QE.png N/A   X   "Sands of Inaros" quest can NOT be replayed.
TOMB PROTECTOR EFFIGY Mjol8i6.png N/A   X   "Sands of Inaros" quest can NOT be replayed.
TWILIGHT APOTHIC IMPRINT (object) CF7Eu9B.png N/A     X Bugs out for some players, and won't get the codex entree when playing The Silver grove quest
VORAC HARPI vNIzWg1.png N/A X X   Duplicate that spawns in the NEW WAR quest.
Extremely limited and small timewindow, since they seem to be scripted to automatically die by a DoT.
(really difficult/impossible to scan)
ZEALOT BAPTIZER vFsFdgI.png N/A     H Nightwave season 2
ZEALOT HERALD X7ZBiLn.png N/A     H Nightwave season 2
ZEALOT PROSELYTIZER OpIEf6P.png N/A     H Nightwave season 2

UI bugs and other inconsistencies

Minor visual bugs/typos and inconsistencies in the Codex

Spoiler
Enemy name Bug Screenshot
Demolishers Each demolisher spawns equally, but need the same amount of total scans as their normal variant:
20 scans: Charger, Devourer, Expired, Kuva Guardian
5 scans: Anti Moa, Boiler, Machinist, Thrasher
3 scans: Bailiff, Bursa, Heavy Gunner, Hyena, Juggernaut, Nox
u2pcAjJ.png
SECURITY CAMERA Listed both in Objects and Enemy factions n0Vf6u8.png
Unaffiliated category Several pictures are squashed together since update 31.1 that changed the UI to use squares.
Mainly in the unaffiliated category (e.g. kavat, kubrow)
3KwpqeW.png
NARMER SHIELD LANDER He's missing his veil sometimes. First opening another Narmer enemy sometimes fixes/break it. dhwniRR.png
DISTRESSED PIPE Has no textures on the back (maybe add a piece of wall in the Codex) 5YfTb17.png
CARRION CHARGER Missing a word in the description:
"Spawned (from) the body of a creature killed by infested. these charges are fast with weak claw attacks"
JeZBrIM.png
SENTA TURRET
CASCADE BOMB
OROKIN SPECTATOR
GHOUL TARGET
VAPOS SHIEL OSPREY
Some entrees have mismatched icons:
Senta turret (icon from Lynx turret)
Cascade bomb (icon from orokin power core)
Orokin spectator (icon from Orokin drone)
Ghoul Target (icon from Ghoul Riktus Alpha)
Vapos Shield Osprey (old icon)
xR4h3We.png
ORPHIX Special effects orb is too big and clips through in the codex preview. OwSe1M1.png

Missing Codex Entry:

Missing codex scans from some enemies that have a droptable on warframe.com/droptables , and a few others. (incomplete list)
But in my opinion could stay hidden mostly to not clutter the codex page too much. Being able to reach 100% completion is the main reason of this bugreport.

Spoiler

Confirmed
("X" = listed on warframe.com/droptables)

Name * Location found Screenshot Date taken
DD/MM/YYYY
Argozene drops   Zariman Armageddon ty0bgA5.jpg 08 / 05 / 2022
Armored Roller X Kela De Thaym's Assassination 8P8Z4A4.jpg 08 / 01 / 2022
Attack Mutalist X Jordas Golem iSUDi2h.jpg 08 / 01 / 2022
Blighted Maggot   Deimos Arcana Bounty: fissures pQfXLoL.jpg 09 / 01 / 2022
Coildrive X Orb vallis 6mxnJWu.jpg 07 / 01 / 2022
Corpus Power Carrier (Narmer)   Orb vallis: Narmer bounty BwfQNJ9.jpg 13 / 01 / 2022
Courier X Archwing Pursuit UiLMSlI.jpg 08 / 01 / 2022
Cryo Sentry   Deployed by OPTIO in corpus Empyrean missions Bild-2022-05-22-150831321.png 22 / 05 / 2022
Deimos Jugulus Rex X Deimos Isolation vault: sarlacc pit g29yIzD.jpg 05 / 01 / 2022
Eradicysts   Octavia's anthem eradicyst.jpg 19 / 04 / 2022
Exodampers   Zariman Armageddon RAMfOFI.jpg 08 / 05 / 2022
Gox Scavenger X The Call of Tempestarii quest gexc3L1.jpg 22 / 01 / 2022
Hunhow X Octavia's Anthem hunhow.jpg 19 / 04 / 2022
Infested Spawn Pod   Dropped briefly after killing Undying Flyer infestedspawnpod.jpg 21 / 04 / 2022
Kuva Larvling X Grineer mission level +20 NejhJvb.jpg 06 / 01 / 2022
Land Mine   Kuva Fortress iQ8FID6.jpg 06 / 01 / 2022
Mite Raknoid X Orb Vallis VLKuOsF.jpg 03 / 03 / 2022
Mutalist Lightning Carrier X Jordas Golem YBAx3pZ.jpg 08 / 01 / 2022
Mutalist Toxic Carrier X Jordas Golem UAlA9F4.jpg 08 / 01 / 2022
Narmer Blizzard Dropship   Orb vallis: Narmer bounty aOuzEFQ.jpg 16 / 12 / 2021
Narmer Bulkor   Plains of Eidolon: Narmer bounty 7gJlpD4.jpg 16 / 12 / 2021
Narmer Cache (Corpus)   Orb vallis: Narmer bounty ftQZIvO.jpg 06 / 01 / 2022
Narmer Cache (Grineer)   Plains of Eidolon: Narmer bounty 5E7FRFD.jpg 05 / 01 / 2022
Narmer Coildrive X Orb vallis: 2 variants Narmer bounty and roaming 0FEDBLF.jpg 06 / 01 / 2022
Narmer Firebolg   Plains of Eidolon: Narmer bounty KDDVQLM.jpg 16 / 12 / 2021
Narmer Mite X Orb vallis: Narmer bounty 9ED7UTJ.jpg 07 / 01 / 2022
Narmer Observation Drone X Orb vallis: Narmer bounty nUjWVVL.jpg 06 / 01 / 2022
Narmer Osprey X Orb vallis: Narmer bounty qdMFET9.jpg 09 / 01 / 2022
Narmer Seeker Drone   Plains of Eidolon: Narmer bounty u0AAdB4.jpg 05 / 01 / 2022
Narmer Senta turret X Orb vallis: Narmer bounty 6eftvLn.jpg 06 / 01 / 2022
Nightwatch Bailiff Eximus   Baro Void-Signal 6FsfzAe.jpg 14 / 05 / 2022
Nightwatch Brunt Lancer Eximus   Baro Void-Signal bOFKoTh.jpg 15 / 05 / 2022
Nightwatch Powerclaw Eximus   Baro Void-Signal Me67DJ8.jpg 15 / 05 / 2022
Nightwatch Reaver Eximus   Baro Void-Signal 1522vWP.jpg 14 / 05 / 2022
Observation Drone X Orb Vallis Bounty XVDNvcW.jpg 13 / 01 / 2022
Orphid Husks X The Silver Grove 4xRE2rR.jpg 09 / 01 / 2022
Predasite Maggot   Spawns from the mod "Volatile Parasite" predasitemaggot.jpg 21 / 04 / 2022
Ravenous Void Angel X Zariman missions cBae2bT.jpg 30 / 04 / 2022
Sanctuary Crewman   Octavia's anthem 2C9ekAh.jpg 26 / 04 / 2022
Sanctuary Heavy Gunner   Octavia's anthem sanctuarycorruptedgunner.jpg 19 / 04 / 2022
Sanctuary Lancer   Octavia's anthem sKMEiDQ.jpg 26 / 04 / 2022
Sanctuary Moa   Octavia's anthem 77s0uBh.jpg 26 / 04 / 2022
Special Duty Coildrive X Orb Vallis Bounty specia-lduty-coildrive.jpg 14 / 05 / 2022
Spectralyst   created by Amalgam Heqets, Amalgam Arca Heqets, and Amalgam Ospreys AuDtQbb.jpg 14 / 04 / 2022
Tenno Specter X Sisters of Parvos specter2.jpg 04 / 05 / 2022
Terra Anti Moa X Orb Vallis cj8lQdi.jpg 09 / 01 / 2022
Terra Railgun Moa X Orb Vallis RJUhBad.jpg 09 / 01 / 2022
Test Moa X Jackal boss fight JmtiWgF.jpg 08 / 01 / 2022
Thermic Raknoid X Orb Vallis thermic-raknoid.jpg 14 / 05 / 2022
Turret X Corpus ship 5aAElL0.jpg 23 / 03 / 2021
Typholyst X The new War 20220919223019_1.jpg 19 / 09 / 2022
Unformed Sentient X The new War 20220919223842_1.jpg 19 / 09 / 2022
Vapos Bioengineer X Jupiter secret laboratories MEjDgmO.jpg 09 / 01 / 2022
Zariman Terminal   Zariman Mobile defense IzUnAzc.jpg 08 / 05 / 2022

Unconfirmed 

Apex Membroid X Murex, rare sentient container
Archon Amar X Archon Hunt
Archon Boreal X Archon Hunt
Archon Nira X Archon Hunt
Attack Drone X  
Brachiolyst Disperser X ?
Decaying Conculyst X Octavia's anthem
Excalibur umbra   the sacrifice
Juvenile Membroid X Murex, rare sentient container
Kuva Hellion Carrier X  
Kuva Power Carrier X  
Mature Membroid X Murex, rare sentient container
Narmer Butcher X Archon Hunt
Narmer Crewman Warden X Archon Hunt
Narmer Demolisher Bailiff X Archon Hunt
Narmer Demolisher Expired X Archon Hunt
Narmer Demolisher Gunner X Archon Hunt
Narmer Detron Ranger X Archon Hunt
Narmer Elite Crewman X Archon Hunt
Narmer Elite Lancer X Archon Hunt
Narmer Elite Ranger X Archon Hunt
Narmer Gunner Warden X Archon Hunt
Narmer Machinist X Archon Hunt
Narmer Nullifier Ranger X Archon Hunt
Narmer Oxium Osprey X Archon Hunt
Narmer Power Carrier X Archon Hunt
Narmer Regulator X Archon Hunt
Narmer Scavenger Drone X Archon Hunt
Narmer Seeker X Archon Hunt
Narmer Shockwave Moa X Archon Hunt
Narmer Sniper Ranger X Archon Hunt
Narmer Tech X Duplicate from Narmer Corpus tech?
Narmer Tech Ranger X Archon Hunt
Nascent Membroid X Murex, rare sentient container
Ogma Elite   Fomorian Sabotage
Terra Cestra Manker X Orb Vallis
Terra Detron Crewman X Orb Vallis
Terra Nullifier Crewman X Orb Vallis
Terra Oxium Osprey X Orb Vallis
Terra Research Crewman X Orb Vallis
Terra Turret Osprey X Orb Vallis

Edited by MaiNeym
  • Like 47

@Zerawolf Looks like you're missing the exact same bugged entrees from the list above (1-5). If you manage to find them later, I'd be glad if you let me know.  

And I added THE RAPTOR cause it's a redundant scan. As well as the scans from Jordas raid and misery since they are removed from the game.

Edited by MaiNeym
  • Like 2

Between KUVA HYEKKA MASTER and KUVA JESTER.  

KUVA INJECTOR IS Your target)  (defense miison -defense object)

Also you forgot about Devotee and saturn six figutive ( people who was abcent durign first nightwave  missed them)

Btw any tips about how to spawn bailif eximus /jackal eximus?

Edited by Magnus_Eterna
  • Like 3

@Magnus_Eterna Thanks
Edited the KUVA INJECTOR. I keep it in the list, cause it would make more sense if it's moved to OBJECTS imo.  
And added the nightwave exclusives.  

For bailiff eximus I'm waiting for an Sortie on Kuva Fortress with modifier Eximus Stronghold. Spy and Assault spawn Bailiffs frequently, but I've only got 2/3 eximus scans so far.  

Jackals spawn rather frequently during Thermia fractures. But the eximus are rare. I first gathered multiple canisters, and put them all in to increase the alert level. As well increase the chance for an Eximus Burp. From my experience Jackals get stuck rather frequently on some rocks. Preventing new ones from spawning till I found it. So look around if they seem to have stopped spawning.

• Like 3

Le 17/06/2020 à 03:25, Magnus_Eterna a dit :

I'm also farming them, solo, running 2 canister fractures during thermia event and letting it get destroyed or getting out of range to auto-fail and not lose a rift close to the exploiter orb (cause you want to chain them as quick as possible). Using 2 canister solo is easy, and spawn either a raknoid, a bigger raknoid, or a Jackal, if you are lucky. Repeat hundreds of time until you get a jackal eximus... That's my take.

For the Baillif eximus, after thousands of runs, I'm still unlucky. Best bet is obviously a sortie in eximus stronghold as assault or spy, only, but that's once every two years, maybe. If not, running assault ensure two Bailiff spawn (one at the first bridge, the second one after the locked door before the 3 console to hack) - or in one of the first two room of kuva spy. If you want to push harder, you can trigger all alarm in the Kuva spy to transform the mission into an exterminate and maybe meet another Baillif. If during the mission you kill every heavy unti you meet (heavy gunner, bombard, and baillif) you might make em respawn. Taking the long run and targeting those mission as Requiem relic, in solo, is a strong habit to pick.

(Note, a Baruuk Luul can put asleep a Baillif and reset his aggro level, allowing you to stealth scan, granting x2)

Edited by dwqrf

On 2020-06-19 at 2:40 PM, dwqrf said:

Hum... Another new entry ? A wild grineer appeared between Flameblade and Frontier Butcher

That's the bugged FORTRESS SCANNER.  
It's between FOG SCRAMBUS and FRIGATE if you sort by all, or the 2 grineer units you mentioned if you only check Grineer.

On 2020-06-19 at 5:10 PM, Zerawolf said:

the only new mob in grinner is nightrwatch carrier but nightwatch spawn in gilf lotus stolen, and juno sap/ nul and slo vcomba exist but they are no scan look http://www.noelshack.com/2020-25-5-1592579379-101.jpg sorry for bad quality but i see it in exter in pluto mission Acheron

The point of this bugreport is to fix the Normal codex btw. That these scans don't show up in the simulacrum is even more reasons they really shouldn't be there.

Edited by MaiNeym
  • Like 1

On 2020-06-17 at 3:25 AM, Magnus_Eterna said:

bailif eximus can spawn fairly easy on Sortie - Eximus stronghold - assault kuva fortress 

aditionally how do one spawn the vapos aquilla ? 

Edited by FrailDK

• 1 month later...

There is a real mess with new juno mobs. I had a maxed Juno Malleus Machinist and 2/3 eximus version. Today I farmed Venus surv for eximus, and my Helios suddenly started scanning one of the normal machinists. Now i have maxed eximus. I also have a 1/3 normal Juno Sap Comba, which is mentioned as bugged. No idea where did I get it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-07-27 at 9:34 AM, NanoFox006 said:

There is a real mess with new juno mobs. I had a maxed Juno Malleus Machinist and 2/3 eximus version. Today I farmed Venus surv for eximus, and my Helios suddenly started scanning one of the normal machinists. Now i have maxed eximus. I also have a 1/3 normal Juno Sap Comba, which is mentioned as bugged. No idea where did I get it.

You got Juno Sap Comba? I still have no luck with those. Only Juno Fog Comba works normal for me from those 4 comba units.

15 hours ago, Wanettedeath said:

What I can notice in addition to these:

There are two sentient codex items that may have been from the Condrix event, currently unscannable.

I do not know if Nightwatch carrier will return.

I have more gaps, but they're already mentioned.

The sentient ones are indeed probably from Scarlet Spear, there are new ships (Gyrix, Ionix and Splintrix) that you can fight in railjack. They confirmed this event will return though, but can take a while. Idk about nightwatchs units. There's one that shows as uncomplete for me in the simulacrum, but the Codex page doesn't has it for me.

Edited by MaiNeym
  • Like 1

18 часов назад, MaiNeym сказал:

You got Juno Sap Comba? I still have no luck with those. Only Juno Fog Comba works normal for me from those 4 comba units.

Спойлер

0GDMizM.jpg

There is an image of Sap comba on Gulliver, Phobos, and Nul comba on Acheron, Pluto. I think it's a recommended nodes for them, and you have a chance to find a nonbugged mob here. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NanoFox006 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

0GDMizM.jpg

There is an image of Sap comba on Gulliver, Phobos, and Nul comba on Acheron, Pluto. I think it's a recommended nodes for them, and you have a chance to find a nonbugged mob here. 

Does your codex show the region for the Juno Sap Comba scan you got?  
Don't have the time atm to test again, but I still couldn't find anything when I googled. Only comments of people saying it's bugged.

This is my list:

Amalgam Alkonost Eximus    1/3
Amalgam Heqet Eximus    1/3
Amalgam Kucumatz Eximus    2/3
Amalgam Machinist Eximus    2/3
Amalgam Osprey Eximus    2/3
Artificer    Event only
Carabus    Event only
Datalyst    Event only
Jackal Eximus    Thermia Fractures 2+ cannisters
Juno Nul Comba    0/3
Juno Nul Comba Eximus    0/3
Juno Slo Comba    0/3
Nightwatch Carrier    Event only
Nightwatch Reaver    Event only
Vapos Prod Crewman Eximus    0/?
Vapos Tech Ranger Eximus    4/5

I got some of the Junos on Sedna, Adaro while there was an invasion, but I'm still missing some. I've read somewhere else you can kill them with Ballistica Prime and it would give the non eximus variant. If you have tips how to scan one of them please describe it and maybe mention it on the according wiki page.

ckLTsRW.png

Edit:

Pluto, Acheron worked for me, now I only have to find the Amalgam Eximus, Vapos Eximus and the Jackal.

Edited by raelianer

On 2020-08-17 at 7:56 AM, Hobie-wan said:

Operation Shadow Debt ended a week or two after I started playing. As such I didn't have Helios and wasn't obsessively scanning stuff yet since I was a noob. I'm forever stuck with an unfinished Artificer in my codex, along with a 2/3 plain Stalker. 😕

Ah, Artificer (and Nightwatch carrier) doesn't even show up in my normal codex. Only in simulacrum. So I suppose they hide those if you don't have any of the old scans.  
Not sure what the best solution is then, besides returning the event or enemies sometimes. I feel like you should be able to 100% the codex though, even new players.  

As for stalker, you can still get the normal scan from playing with new players. I was missing 1 scan as well, and what I did was replay "The new Strange" quest, finish the first mission. And then try starting the second mission on public. Only play it if another player joins. And abort if stalker didn't spawn before the end of the mission.  
The strategy behind this is that The new Strange is a requirement for the Saturn Junction, which means the player couldn't have done the second dream already, and must still have the normal stalker. Perhaps I'm lucky, but I got the stalker scan on my 3rd attempt.

On 2020-08-18 at 9:54 AM, raelianer said:

I tried to scan Vapos Prod Crewman Eximus with low conclave rating gear on Jupiter, Callisto (Interception), but no success so far. But I could scan all Amalgam Eximus there:

Leave after 1st round and repeat, if you didn't already. Prod enemies have a very low level limit. I did it with equinox, run around with maim active. Most enemies die from the slash proc, allowing new enemies to spawn, but eximus units are more resiliant. (I don't remember how much strength I used, probably just base 100% or slightly more) 
edit: forgot that was before they changed so slash no longer goes through shields. So you'll need some more strength.

For Vapos Tech Ranger, do a long Survival mission on Jupiter. Stay close to tiles that have the open space on the sides where rangers come in from. If you don't see any rangers, then move to another room.

Carabus. Try Rathuum with (Synoid) Heliocor. Repeat the mission till you have to fight against an Excecutioner Nox, and let it spawn the Carabus, then smack it with the heliocor.  
I just tested on Sedna - Yam, and it gave me the scan sound. But heliocor won't count as an actual scan if you already completed it afaik, so can't double check. I don't have artificer scans though, so I'm pretty sure that's how I did it a while ago.

Jackal eximus is from Thermia fractures as you already said. Put in enough canisters. Only tip I can give is that if you don't see any jackals in a while, then look around cause there's probably one stuck on a mountain somewhere. Which prevents new ones from spawning.

edit: as for the ballistica prime tip you mentioned. Will have to try that another day. I tried for half an hour, but had no luck with the spawns, only bursas and fog comba.  
Edit2: that indeed does the trick.

Edited by MaiNeym