Zahnny

Are we going to get universal pistol skins apply to both one handed and two handed secondaries?

I love the continued expansion of universal skins that can be applied to a weapon of a specific type and despite the techical nightmare, I'd love to see the same for Rifles and I can imagine a demand might come about from primary kitguns.

Regardless, one thing that has bothered me is the Universal Pistol skins. There's several universal pistol skins that can only be applied on singular pistol secondaries that I wish could be used on dual pistol types. It's one of the bigger appeals of them, I got both the Cloud themed pistol skin and the Sigma pistol skin with the intention of using them on both types but unfortunately they aren't. Mesa Deluxe works on both. It's not like it's some kind of technical nightmare to program either, or at least I highly doubt it considering you can apply these onto the Pyrana P.

If you're unaware, the Pyrana P is a singular pistol but upon getting 3 kills in rapid succession it generates a secondary pistol letting you dual wield them for a short duration. As far as I've seen these universal skins work perfectly when you use them dual wielding them with the Pyrana P so I really don't see why they aren't allowed to be manually put on them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Mesa Deluxe works on both. It's not like it's some kind of technical nightmare to program either, or at least I highly doubt it

Actually the perla (mesa deluxe) pistol skins are two skins. One for single pistols and one for dual pistols. So it's not a matter of one skin being used universally. That doesn't exist, and probably isn't as easy to implement as you might think.

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Actually the perla (mesa deluxe) pistol skins are two skins. One for single pistols and one for dual pistols. So it's not a matter of one skin being used universally. That doesn't exist, and probably isn't as easy to implement as you might think.

Maybe not easy but certainly not hard.

Detect if user has skin

Give them two handed skin

Detect if player has bought skin

Give them two handed skin

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

That's questionable.

Not really.  It's not like they carved out entirely new models for the left handed weapon in dual wield secondaries.  It's a copy-pasted single secondary.  If they can't make this happen it's a mystery how they managed to let us skin kitguns and zaws, and those are way more complicated beasts to tackle.

In all honesty, the issue is likely to do with reload animations, which DE actually gives a hoot about, even if some of the oldest weapons still use a generic reload animation that makes no sense.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer
  • Like 1

something something spaghetti code.

I may be wrong, but didn't Saints Row 3 have skins that worked on both single and dual wield pistols? I'm sure I had dual Robocop Handguns. if they could do that back on PS3, I see no reason it couldn't happen now, other than DE having to mess with the spaghetti code.