The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When would you say this game peaked?

Just now, Corvid said:

That's... oddly specific. Care to elaborate?

This period includes the following changes :

a) Uranus and Lua were introduced.
b) Parkour as we know it today was defined in this period, and a lot other mechanics that came to be staples of Warframe showed up.

c) The Second Dream 
d) Multiple memorable events.
e) Law of Retribution was playable and JV also entered the fray.
f) The old Void and Prime system was still stable in this period
g) When you drew the line this was a period in which you had the grind only couple of things - Focus, Primes, Star Chart and the occasional Argon crystal.

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

This period includes the following changes :

a) Uranus and Lua were introduced.
b) Parkour as we know it today was defined in this period, and a lot other mechanics that came to be staples of Warframe showed up.

c) The Second Dream 
d) Multiple memorable events.
e) Law of Retribution was playable and JV also entered the fray.
f) The old Void and Prime system was still stable in this period
g) When you drew the line this was a period in which you had the grind only couple of things - Focus, Primes, Star Chart and the occasional Argon crystal.

Well, to me e and f were net negatives, but that's just a matter of opinion.

• Like 2

Just now, Corvid said:

Well, to me e and f were net negatives, but that's just a matter of opinion.

I will never be happy if content is removed or abandoned, regardless of my participation in it. Conclave is a case example of that.

Both E and F were lost to the time.

• Like 1

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

I will never be happy if content is removed or abandoned, regardless of my participation in it. Conclave is a case example of that.

Both E and F were lost to the time.

E was a constant drain on dev resources due to breaking every other update, while the majority of the playerbase didn't engage with it enough to warrant the continued devtime.

F was replaced with (in my eyes) a better system, with a more flexible grind and less worthless rewards. It was refined and replaced in the same way as parkour. The Relic system is more reliable, and less monotonous thanks to no longer taking place in the exact same modes on the exact same tileset every single time. The only real drawback is that players can't get a theoretically infinite amount of loot from a single key, which to me is a fair trade for no longer having to worry about getting to Rot C and only having Orokin Cells to show for it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Corvid said:

E was a constant drain on dev resources due to breaking every other update, while the majority of the playerbase didn't engage with it enough to warrant the continued devtime.

F was replaced with (in my eyes) a better system, with a more flexible grind and less worthless rewards. It was refined and replaced in the same way as parkour. The Relic system is more reliable, and less monotonous thanks to no longer taking place in the exact same modes on the exact same tileset every single time. The only real drawback is that players can't get a theoretically infinite amount of loot from a single key, which to me is a fair trade for no longer having to worry about getting to Rot C and only having Orokin Cells to show for it.

Agreed. 

Especially since there are plenty of ways to get relics in normal play. 

I have never farmed relics and have more than ill ever use.  

Spreading them out across the star chart was a great change.  

To previous comments,  i do wish theyd bring back wall running.  

29 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I refuse to talk about Trials, as they caused a major fallout between DE and players. So please, let's drop the topic.

Considering the Void system, both set ups have positives and negatives.

Bottom line is that you needed less overall commitment to attain a piece of loot and you were doing either Void or Derelict under the old system as long as you were not doing it solo. With the new system, it is more "flexible" with the catch that it requires more overall time investment regardless of the squad set up and it does not tunnel you into two specific modes.

In order to expand it, since I am sure that not everyone knows/remembers the old Key system: 

The old key system relied on a "key" to open the void, a lot like the current Protea farm - one person has the key and opens the door for himself, 2, 3 or 4 players. The key could open modes like Exterminate, Capture, MD which would net up to 1 piece of loot for everyone (with no option to pick). Survival, Interception, Sabotage and Defense allowed for multiple rounds to go with the same key, but again with lack of pick considering the reward. You got keys the same way you get relics, from multiple activities from the game, Excavation was Favorited.

This sound fine and dandy but there are more points need to be taken in consideration :

1. There was a lot of junk - fusion cores (previous version of Endo), Orokin cells, more keys and forma BP were very common, nearly 50% of the drop tables were diluted. 
2. Void only let to resource starvation in some cases.
3. No Auto match making.
4. Baro was bringing a lot less items, and the ducat value was cut in half.
5. Missions did not rely on void fissures, just on the objective completion.
6. Keys did not need refinement, but had an analogue to Lith, Meso, Neo and Axi.
7. Keys were always the same, there was no special key brought by baro, or influenced by Prime Unvault, new gear was added into existing loot table as "more loot" and removed after the period has passed.

The end result was that 4 people, aiming at... let's say Capture T3 that drops Frost's codpiece, bring 4 keys into a squad and walk out with 4 drops spread over 4 runs, which ends up in more bang for your initial investment, unless you are the poor sod that somehow walked out with 3 orokin cells and a forma BP.

Edit: This was made only for clarification and further expansion on information that is no longer found in the game.

Edited by phoenix1992

il y a 9 minutes, phoenix1992 a dit :

Considering the Void system, both set ups have positives and negatives.

Honestly I miss the old system as void was kind of a gated content piece that felt special running. However the old survivals, def, interceptions with rewards gated at rot C is imho an abheration. I'm glad that there are less things that go this way(today, except ESO and arbitration stuffs, you are rewarded purely with clearspeed). Also I recall vividly T4 extermination, for the record you had to farm the hardest interception of the starchart rot C to get a chance at the key. Then that bo prime handle drop rate... I farmed it 2 nights in a row at a point, maybe for like 4h each with a dedicated team and the only relevant thing we got was a forma. The new system has less degenerate things in it and in favor of non organised players.

Edited by Galuf

5 hours ago, Zimzala said:

Demonstrably false.

I never felt this way as a new player and I got two others to play who also did not.

I knew exactly what WF was/is, I looked forward to all the time and complexity, it gives me a reason to play the game.

No single brush can paint all players.

I love the 'sydicate grind' it gives me something to do, a reason to accumulate resources, etc., just like building my own Dojo.

As to the original question?

IMO, just bait. It prediposes a conclusion that cannot be validated and therefore ruins the discuss, because it comes from a biased POV.

Yeah well as a clan leader whos been here the WHOLE time, i can tell you that ive recruited and lost and recruited players whove expressed the exact sentiment. They cant focus on all this stuff at once.  

It's subjectively false,  not objectively.  For you it's not an issue.  Me either because i didnt have to split my time amongs all of it starting out. 

But for many, it is what it is. Its why there are good portions of the community that  complain every time a new syndicate grind is introduced. They complain about needing max rank in vox and united. They say they'll never do pt or exploiter. Ive been here to witness it all as each part is introduced into the game. Ingame whining aside, a quick search on the forums should yield plenty of proof that players dont like the excessive layered grinds spread out and unique to themselves. 

Now, i do think theyd be better recieved if they somehow shared standing with no standing caps. Universal medallions were a good idea, but as rare as they are and only for 1k standing was a terrible stab. Imho, eidolon shards and torroids should be universally accepted currencies. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Corvid said:

The thing about E was it was a drain because of improper coding and instead of trying to figure out what was causing it to break they’d just apply hotfix on hotfix per update. 

It could be very true that they didn’t know how to fix it but I also speculate this. 

Every update added something that would cause conflict in something to the code. Which means there was likley some code that does not make sense down the line there. With that being said it was likley something to do with weapons and frames. I don’t think new tile sets and such caused it. As someone who was a fan of lor I’m very disappointed I agree that I could be better. And they could’ve done more. They didn’t and that’s what upsets me. They have a bad tendency of not trying to get thing to a better state.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

The thing about E was it was a drain because of improper coding and instead of trying to figure out what was causing it to break they’d just apply hotfix on hotfix per update. 

It could be very true that they didn’t know how to fix it but I also speculate this. 

Every update added something that would cause conflict in something to the code. Which means there was likley some code that does not make sense down the line there. With that being said it was likley something to do with weapons and frames. I don’t think new tile sets and such caused it. As someone who was a fan of lor I’m very disappointed I agree that I could be better. And they could’ve done more. They didn’t and that’s what upsets me. They have a bad tendency of not trying to get thing to a better state.

I apologize, I said that I prefer to drop the topic, but this is simply wrong.

It kept braking due to the fact that it was never properly integrated with the rest of the game and it was using mechanics that become polished a lot later down the line (The AW part of JV was extremely complex for example) It had almost nothing to do with Frames and Guns.

Additionally, supposedly the guy that made the raids quit.

Edit: And there were multiple changes to the tiles while the trials were a thing, Earth changed all together.

Edited by phoenix1992

On 2020-06-16 at 4:53 PM, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

At what update/point in time do you believe this game took a face-heel turn for the worse (or better, if you truly feel that way)?

To me, I feel like Warframe peaked with the release of its first open world. It was a highly ambitious concept that changed how Warframe would work for a good amount of time. Unfortunately, even with a revamp, the once great "open world" is now just a 2 by 2 kilometer sandbox that still manages to be cut off from the rest of the game. 

I remember someone made a good point about how Warframe, story-wise, peaked during the Second Dream, and that every cinematic quest in the main storyline following that was trying to match up with the absolute magic that TSD contained as an expansion to Warframe's universe.

I'm just curious as to what other people think.

The War Within

• Like 1

Personally is the short period of wisp came out untill the old blood. 

Back then i actually thought "Hey despite all the left out content, they finally figure out how to make this game." and than the old blood drop.

Edited by BRZZAFK

5 hours ago, (PS4)RobPowers603 said:

Stop playing if you hate it so much

late to the party, already did. so in your case and many others here, getting and doing the same things over and over ( grind and nerfs) expecting a different  result than the sour feeling each time it has hit you in the past isn't that classed as madness??

13 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

Yeah well as a clan leader whos been here the WHOLE time, i can tell you that ive recruited and lost and recruited players whove expressed the exact sentiment. They cant focus on all this stuff at once.  

It's subjectively false,  not objectively.  For you it's not an issue.  Me either because i didnt have to split my time amongs all of it starting out. 

But for many, it is what it is. Its why there are good portions of the community that  complain every time a new syndicate grind is introduced. They complain about needing max rank in vox and united. They say they'll never do pt or exploiter. Ive been here to witness it all as each part is introduced into the game. Ingame whining aside, a quick search on the forums should yield plenty of proof that players dont like the excessive layered grinds spread out and unique to themselves. 

Now, i do think theyd be better recieved if they somehow shared standing with no standing caps. Universal medallions were a good idea, but as rare as they are and only for 1k standing was a terrible stab. Imho, eidolon shards and torroids should be universally accepted currencies. 

Your statement implied no 'new player'.

I agree it's subjective.

I also think it's not possible for DE to cater to every player type.

This game caters to those whose either like or don't mind external research and lots of details.

IMO, is does not have to also cater to players who do not like that, I prefer to take the game for what it is, rather than trying to twist it, or have a player twist themselves.

IME of playing GaaS games since AC1, there are always those that complain, nothing is every good enough for everyone and chasing all playstyles is a losing proposition.

Just because they don't please everyone and some poele like to maon, does not mean they are not pleasing a reasonable number of people, they have been successful.

The Tennocon 2018. SO much hype and hopefullness for all the new thing to come. Definitly the most hype i have ever been for an update.

.....Before all the broken promises, except Fortuna of course.

Edited by KurtisPrime

warframe is a good game to fall back into, even with how things are recently, its still better then paying 60$ on game that likely going to dissapoint you (seeing alot of last of us 2 people not happy with it, ignoring the mainstream like IGN wich just take bribes and other stuff up thir butt and give anything a good review)

personally i hope warframe will stay relevent in the years to come, but then again, i also want the games industry to stop publishing crap and name it AAA games. (if cyberpunk flop i will oficially loose any faith in developers, atleast i can count on DE being consistant with little content and delays)