The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minor Gripes on Reworked Tileset

Doraz_

pub?w=886&h=991

1) Ramp and Ceiling are too close, ramp should start/end sooner

2) some corridors feel very oversized, both in relation to warframes and enemies

To be honest, enviroments first need to be fun to navigate before looking pretty or making sense, at least for me, so maybe it was done n purpose,

I remember instead in the original equivalent of the 2nd example, that room felt too claustrophobic instead xD

The entire map feels gigantic, a bit too much even if it is really good to look at, it's a spaceship in fact, and as corpus, every inch of spaceship too big for it's use is a waste.

... but they do have hekking waterfalls xD maybe they too don't give a hek

The Reactor room ( instakill one) has a problem where the reactor itself is too big or the distance from the surrounding platforms is too small ... it's a bit annoying to bullet jump between ( i end up using the stairs ... man what a ninja -.-

in any case what a wonderful job

A shame that new maps are few and far between, but maybe they take a long time to make them so detailed and well performant.

Edited by Doraz_

6 minutes ago, Doraz_ said:

To be honest, enviroments first need to be fun before functional, at least for me, so maybe it was done n purpose,

This statement suggests you don’t think it is at least one of these options. I am yet to have an issue/notice the two things you are mentioning.

1. When in a confined space, Ramps get close to a ceiling. I don’t see an issue at all.
  2. Lots of rooms are “too big”. I am not sure what the issue with that corridor is. Is it too big for four players standing near each other and a group of enemies?
Edited by krc473

21 minutes ago, krc473 said:

This statement suggests you don’t think it is at least one of these options. I am yet to have an issue/notice the two things you are mentioning.

1. When in a confined space, Ramps get close to a ceiling. I don’t see an issue at all.
  2. Lots of rooms are “too big”. I am not sure what the issue with that corridor is. Is it too big for four players standing near each other and a group of enemies?

yeah yeah don't worry 

first, this is subjective, so you can experience the conplete opposite.

It's only meaningful if most of the playerbase thinks the same way of something, then it gets changed.

and second, maps might be too much of a hassle to constantly update and fix, so changes are not likely to happen if not for gamebraking reasons (missing texrures, collisions etc,)

Remember Spy door on Sedna? Still invisible from behind xD oof but, maybe with less to bake beforehand and more in done realtime, maps might be easier to fix now.

But i'm not kidding regarding that ramp ...

its design is very "Grineer" so to speak, and woukd make sense only if they needed to save space for space-ship limit, but THEN rooms are gigantic with fountains and ship factories.

Again, outstanding job, just the polish that time schedules rarely allowis lacking a bit.