Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Jackal deathbeam

ShadowStarx1

Can't you guys see you're being trolled, i simply walk between the beams, circling the jackal.

Do you guys trully believe a player that reached the jackal boss can't use WASD? this isn't bullet jumping or highly complex mechanics, it's just the very basic you learn at the tutorial.

Can a mod lock this?

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, (XBOX)Mr Skoopie said:

I love how everyone in this form getting there ego stroke by downplaying this boss fight . Comparing themself to new players . Sad .. smh 👌🏽Congratulations you accomplished something! Such a toxic community I swear .

You had to look up a thread from a year ago to make your point?

Noice Thats Nice GIF

This boss fight is fun. If you're a new player you're going to get downed. It is what it is. But once you've done this a few times you get the hang of it.

• Like 5

On 2020-06-16 at 5:31 PM, ShadowStarx1 said:

Damm things are undodgeable 1 hit will that repeatedly down to wipe most of the party.

only way even possible to try to dodge is with Operator Void.

and yet this is the FIRST boss players encounter.

.. no even if this was a boss near the end of the map it  wouldn't be ok.

remove the deathbeams.

This message will self-destruct.

I felt the same way until I found out I should actually walk with it as it turns. It will also make a counter turn half way after turning blue again. Try this tip or should we say it's a good cheese. 

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Mr Skoopie said:

I love how everyone in this form getting there ego stroke by downplaying this boss fight .

If you have a stable connection to the host, sensible graphics settings for your hardware, no serious motor control impairments, a reasonable level of situational awareness, and a decent grasp of the game's controls, learning to beat the Jackal isn't all that hard.

(Being beaten a few times when you first encounter a new boss is nothing to be ashamed of.)

• Like 2

Am I missing something here? Why is everyone suggesting jumping over the room-height walls of death or clinging to the ceiling? These things rotate slowly enough to just walk with them. Did the encounter change recently or something?

*edit*
Ah, OK. I didn't realise this thread was two years old. So I'm guessing from around the Jackal's release?

Edited by Steel_Rook

2 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Ah, OK. I didn't realise this thread was two years old. So I'm guessing from around the Jackal's release?

Thread necro, by a person who has only 1 post to their name...

On the other hand, as somebody who immediately went to try out the Jackal at time of release, no, there's been nothing changed about the fight apart from a couple of bug-fixes for that one transition section where you follow it along into the next room.

The 'laser of doom' is like any rotating object, the closer you are to it, the slower it appears to be turning, and the 'risk' of doing that is the way the Jackal makes a shockwave when it comes down that you have to jump over. The people pointing out that it's incredibly easy to avoid are right, in that respect, but to newer players it can be a little un-obvious, especially if they haven't had to deal with boss zoning mechanics in a game like Warframe before.

Then again... I just Hover with Zephyr and ignore most of the entire combat with Jackal anyway. Point and shoot, then drop down for a stab ^^

6 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

The 'laser of doom' is like any rotating object, the closer you are to it, the slower it appears to be turning, and the 'risk' of doing that is the way the Jackal makes a shockwave when it comes down that you have to jump over. The people pointing out that it's incredibly easy to avoid are right, in that respect, but to newer players it can be a little un-obvious, especially if they haven't had to deal with boss zoning mechanics in a game like Warframe before.

Right, I get that much. That's instant death if you're not expecting it. I was just surprised at the solutions presented. "Jump over it" just seems like the worst possible way to deal with that given it's room height. I'm decent at Parkour with a substantial amount of hours under my belt and I'd struggle to jump over those things consistently enough to not get nailed by the next one during jump recovery. Climbing the ceiling does work, but the Jackal destroys the pillars you'd normally use and the wall cling up there is buggy - kind of inconsistent. Just feels like bad advise for a new player who may - at that point - not even be aware that bullet-jumping straight up is even a thing... like I wasn't until MR9 or some such.

By contrast, walking with the rotation just seems easier to accomplish. I was genuinely thrown at the explanations. Only thing I can figure is maybe the OP was from the days immediately after the Deadlock Protocol so people were still figuring it out? Odd, is all.

5 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Climbing the ceiling does work, but the Jackal destroys the pillars you'd normally use and the wall cling up there is buggy - kind of inconsistent.

The beams all the way at the edges of the room have the part that comes inward a little bit. That inward bit is above the beams and never gets destroyed. I cling there and just reset my cling if needed with 1 skip up the wall, then bulled jump toward Jackal as the laser walls end. Just my way as opposed to playing revolving door. But yeah. Bizarre necro post for something that shouldn't take long to figure out for someone new to the fight.

23 hours ago, (XBOX)Mr Skoopie said:

I love how everyone in this form getting there ego stroke by downplaying this boss fight . Comparing themself to new players . Sad .. smh 👌🏽Congratulations you accomplished something! Such a toxic community I swear .

You know you can just bunny hop up the wall to avoid the death beam? 

On 2022-02-07 at 6:40 AM, (XBOX)Mr Skoopie said:

Hilarious

spiderman GIF

Edited by sitfesz

As simple as the new jackal fight is i would tend to agree with op. The old one was actually a lot more fair on new players. The new one in particular has a fair few mechanics not really introduced before hand whereas the old one did have its tricky parts but was much simpler for newbies to do and farm

On 2022-02-07 at 1:06 PM, Grommile said:

If you have a stable connection to the host, sensible graphics settings for your hardware, no serious motor control impairments, a reasonable level of situational awareness, and a decent grasp of the game's controls, learning to beat the Jackal isn't all that hard.

Honestly.... That's asking for too much... Especially the Stable Connection Requirement... That's Completely out of the Player's Control... 😱

On 2022-02-07 at 1:06 PM, Grommile said:

(Being beaten a few times when you first encounter a new boss is nothing to be ashamed of.)

In Dark Souls is even Expected....

On 2022-02-07 at 3:59 PM, Steel_Rook said:

Am I missing something here? Why is everyone suggesting jumping over the room-height walls of death or clinging to the ceiling? These things rotate slowly enough to just walk with them. Did the encounter change recently or something?

*edit*

It seems like it was exactly around the time it got Reworked.... So now I don't know if OP is talking about Old Jackal or new Jackal... 👀

2 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

As simple as the new jackal fight is i would tend to agree with op. The old one was actually a lot more fair on new players. The new one in particular has a fair few mechanics not really introduced before hand whereas the old one did have its tricky parts but was much simpler for newbies to do and farm

I disagree....

The Old Fight was unfair because That Jackal had, Turrets,. homing Missiles & Adds....

The game makes you think that all you have to do is jump over The Shockwaves when in reality you have to some how not get hit by Those 3 other things.... It was an Aim Not Basically....

The new is much clearer about how it's Murdering me....

That's not to say the damage Output isn't Extremely Excessive.... Ofcourse it is... But atleast I'm not dying because Aimbot RNG....