(XB1)DA ZACHYZACHY

MY status rework

Posted (edited)

The status changes are definitely a step in the right direction for the most part, however there are still many underpowered statuses... let’s fix them!

Cold:

Current - reduces speed by 25% for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs increasing slow by 5% to a total of 70%

Rework - reduces speed by 30%. Stacks up to 10x, 6% extra per proc. On 10th proc it freezes the target, applying a cold proc to every enemy nearby and doubling all damage from all sources. Freeze cannot be refreshed for the duration, and lasts 6s.

Why? Cold is one of the worst statuses. It’s dangerous is OK, but the status is not great. By freezing the target and amplifying damage, hopefully it can breed new damage combos, like corrosive + cold.

Blast:

Current - Reduces accuracy by 30% for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs reducing accuracy by 5% to a total of 75%.

Rework - Procs reduce accuracy by 30%, stacks up to 10 times. The 10th proc will disarm the enemy temporarily. Procking blast will also deal:

100% Base Damage x [Blast Damage]

to all enemies in a 3 meter radius.

Why? Reducing accuracy by 75% isn’t great. By disarming the enemy temporarily you aren’t just reducing the chances of it one hit killing you, you have the ability to stop it out right. The extra damage is a small bonus, it could make blast more competitive with other types like viral.

Magnetic:

Current - Amplifies damage dealt to shields by 100% and nullifies shield regeneration for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 10times, with subsequent procs increasing damage to shields by 25% to a total of 325%.

Rework - Amplifies damage dealt to shields by 100% and nullifies shield regeneration + sheiks gating. Stacks up to 10x, max of 325%. At 10x shoots out a magnetic shockwave over 5 meters halving all all enemy shields caught in it, and applying a magnetic proc to them.

Why? Magnetic is just bad in comparison to toxin which straight up bypasses shields. By making it an AOE attack, hopefully it will make more build variety - and look cool.

Impact:

Current - Causes target to flinch and staggers movement for 1 second and adds a 10% chance to open the enemy up to a Parazon finisher. Stacks up to 10 times.

Rework - Causes targets to flinch, progressively longer lengths. At 10x staggering enemies for a full 10s. Enemies staggering take 50% more damage from melee weapons and headshots. Staggers are small, not large like previous staggers are.

Why? Impact has always been the worst damage type. Although it’s actual effect probably will never be good, if it’s status can be improved I call it a win. This changes it from a pure CC status to a CC plus damage amplification, but not crazy. Just a nice buff.

Puncture:

Current - Reduces any damage dealt by 30% for 6 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs reducing damage by 5% to a total of 75%.

Rework - Reduces damage dealt by 45%. Stacks up to 10x (90%). At 10x the gun jams for a few seconds, new procs don’t rejam the weapon, but resets the proc timer.

Why? 75% damage reduction is hardly worth building for. Especially when killing someone is much better. However bugging it’s reduction, and adding in a jam can hopefully make it a more competitive status.

Radiation:

Current - Attacks any closest enemy and will be attacked in return while dealing 100% additional damage to allied units for 12 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times, with subsequent procs increasing damage by 50% to a total of 550%.

Rework - When radiation procs to 10x, it sends out a radial attack. This will proc radiation on all enemies in a 3 meter radius. Repeated procs beyond 10 will continue to spread radiation.

When under a radiation status, enemies TAKE 100% more damage from other enemies. This stacks up to 10x (550% extra damage from allies). This DOESNT effect your guns.

Why? Radiation is a pretty bad status. It’s damage type is great, but it’s actual status isn’t great. It has two problems: it AMPLIFIES the damage that the target you’re shooting deals (instead of the damage it receives) and it is limited to only one target. We should be rewarded for procing it 10x.

- - -
Other status also need a rework. For example, electricity and gas. Leave suggestions below.

Viral and corrosive also need a quick rebalance to improve build variety (viral now dominates in almost every build).

Edited by (XB1)DA ZACHYZACHY
To give clarification over my changes.

Magnetic /really/ needs to instantly disable any enemy shield gates since as it stands you're currently better off going with toxin against all shielded enemies other than the coin bearers. Why bother with magnetic when you can just shoot through the shields entirely and kill them in one shot rather than two?

Blast should be returned to being a knockdown rather than decreased accuracy.

Impact should no longer stagger enemies since that's what causes impact procs to basically work against you. Put the decreased accuracy here.

Electricity is fine as it is really. It does damage over time while also acting as a stun.

Gas seriously needs a huge buff as its horrible right now. Mainly because its damage is resisted or neutral by everything other than infested. But infested don't really need any boosted damage type to take down. The more durable infested are weak to corrosive anyway while all other infested are neutral to it. On top of that its damage ticks are extremely weak because of how the tick damage is calculated for gas.

Radiation is seriously fine as it is and is pretty useful for crowd control when enemies get tougher.

Viral needs a bit of a nerf so that it isnt automatically the best one in practically all cases. Nothing too big tho.

Corrosive needs to be buffed to strip 95% of enemy armor at max stacks rather than 80%. Basically at some point you run into diminishing returns on that due to how armor scales. A mid level enemy may get their damage resistance dropped from like 60% to 30% by corrosive right now. But a high level enemy lose a lot less damage resistance because they have a lot more armor to start with. I think i checked it at some point and it was something like 95% damage reduction going down to 85% on a lv120 corrupted heavy gunner. The main reason to pick corrosive as it stands is because it gets a big bonus against ferrite armor which most armored enemies have.

I cant say its surprising to see that viral and corrosive are the ones that are the most used since they are the ones that will make you able to kill most enemies faster. I suspect toxin is in a similar position with the corpus.

At the end of the day any status that doesn't make enemies die faster will be considered "useless" after all.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 2020-06-18 at 12:28 AM, Vahenir said:

At the end of the day any status that doesn't make enemies die faster will be considered "useless" after all.

Exactly why most of my changes revolve around amplifying damage. Honestly if these were implemented then I believe people would attest give different statuses a try. Radiation effecting a group instead of just one could be really good crowd control instead of a gimmick that ends up just hurting your DPS. 

Magnetic /really/ needs to instantly disable any enemy shield gates

That’s also a great idea for magnetic, I still think a radial magnetic blast would at least be cool to see. And help for crowd dps

Blast should be returned to being a knockdown rather than decreased accuracy.

No. That’s why it was the most hated element before, for anything in g other than sentinels. Instead of it knocking down foes, I think it would be great if it dealt damage and jammed their guns. 

Edited by (XB1)DA ZACHYZACHY