The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Rhino?

kwlingo

im not going to debate the pros and cons of rhino which has already been thoroughly explained by other players. what i will say is really surprised no one mentioned the benefit of using Rhino for solo vault runs.

and his palatine skin is just so badass looking.

ive never heard anyone say that about rhino, hes one of the most balanced and good frame, especially for new players. hes just decent and fair in every aspect and it doesnt need a buff or a nerf

• Like 1

4 hours ago, T-Shark69 said:

You gotta stop and ask yourself why you gotta waste slot on  4+ different frames when a single Rhino can get S#&$ done already.

Like I said in OP, he is a solo frame not a team frame. You said it yourself in this statement. 😁

His damage buff has never been asked for in any mission in game. If players have the right builds it's not necessary. If you get his buff "oh nice" but I never even noticed it was there. The only time I would say it's really needed is when someone has not built their damage probably for mission.

So many times when in recruit chat player are asking for speed runs. They get a Rhino and ask to swap out for a team synergy frame to speed up the efficiency of the mission especially for timed events. "Always" Rhino's wont budge and will sometimes leave and say I'll just go solo.

6 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Like I said in OP, he is a solo frame not a team frame. You said it yourself in this statement.

I said, why have different frames in multiple slots for different jobs when Rhino does all of them good enough to matter. 

8 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

His damage buff has never been asked for in any mission in game.

Except ESO, Tridolon, Index, SS, Plague etc etc.

9 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

They get a Rhino and ask to swap out for a team synergy frame to speed up the efficiency of the mission especially for timed events. "Always" Rhino's wont budge and will sometimes leave and say I'll just go solo.

Good Rhino, not locking himself into a team of subpar players who dont know S#&$ about his kit. You know players like you that have a 3 page thread schooling them on the subject.

20 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

Except ESO, Tridolon, Index, SS, Plague etc etc.

Wait you cannot play a mission without recruiting for a Rhino? Well in that case, you do need a Rhino. As from what I've seen, most mission player are not asking where is my "Rhino buff."

22 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

Good Rhino, not locking himself into a team of subpar players who dont know S#&$ about his kit.

I'd rather be in a 8min event run versus a 15min run. To each his own.

6 hours ago, T-Shark69 said:

Not sure.  Rhino is still top tier for Index, and certainly easier to acquire than Revenant.  But Revenant's Mesmer Skin is more reliable for tanking in my experience, as it has built in CC and isn't affected by enemy scaling.  And with shield gating, Revenant is only ever in danger in the Index if the right scrambus bubbles hits him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)NWOslave said:

im not going to debate the pros and cons of rhino which has already been thoroughly explained by other players. what i will say is really surprised no one mentioned the benefit of using Rhino for solo vault runs.

and his palatine skin is just so badass looking.

Try Gauss on solo vault runs. Just as tanky as rhino, PLUS you don't notice the hobbled effect!

1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Not sure.  Rhino is still top tier for Index, and certainly easier to acquire than Revenant.  But Revenant's Mesmer Skin is more reliable for tanking in my experience, as it has built in CC and isn't affected by enemy scaling.  And with shield gating, Revenant is only ever in danger in the Index if the right scrambus bubbles hits him.

Revenant is too slow because of the charge, he goes back to restock too often. With the hundreds of thousand of Iron Skin with Rhino you go multiple rounds without ever thinking of finding the closest energy orb. As you can see you can do a prodman run taking 0 damage with Rhino and theres no more reason to stay after that. 

10 hours ago, kwlingo said:

You need to test out Wukong Celestial twin in Index. Its kind of boring but very quick and efficient, the twin does all the work.

SS- Limbo, Mesa, Volt for speed and Exodia contagious through shields for one hit kills

Plague - Nova, Loki, Titania, and Nuker, Rhino buff would actually hinder Speedva from speeding the Hemocyte coming out.

Profit Taker - Chroma

It's always nice to have a damage buff but other's will out shine his ability if we are talking about straight damage buff. Chroma can take the part of DPS and Mirage is even higher.  If you have them as your DPS, Rhino buff for the team isnt needed.

In index, the Rhino's job isn't DPS, but for point carrying. You can have celestial twin doing all the work, but if you pick up 15-20 points as Wukong you're taking a big risk of dying.

I don't know what SS is, but you're probably right that Rhino isn't required.

Rhino buff does not affect power strength in any way, so it would have zero effect on Speedva. This clearly shows how little you know about the frame.

Chroma is absolutely best for profit taker, but I wouldn't care if a Rhino showed up in my squad since I can solo it anyway.

The reason Rhino's buff is so powerful is that it's the only buff in the game that directly affects the damage of abilities. Other frames can buff power strength and indirectly increase ability damage that way, but Roar straight up increases the damage of abilities without touching power strength at all, which means you don't get the diminishing returns of adding additional power strength onto an already high power strength amount. This is why Rhino is always used for efficient runs of ESO. Rhino's roar also applies after all other mods and damage calculations, so a 150% Rhino buff is comparable to a 600% Chroma buff (estimating here, I don't know the actual damage values). 

I agree with your statement that Rhino is not useful everywhere, and should not be brought to every mission or expected to be useful in every mission. However, your responses seem to imply that Rhino is not useful anywhere, which is simply not true. He has his place in the meta, and is very powerful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T-Shark69 said:

Revenant is too slow because of the charge, he goes back to restock too often. With the hundreds of thousand of Iron Skin with Rhino you go multiple rounds without ever thinking of finding the closest energy orb. As you can see you can do a prodman run taking 0 damage with Rhino and theres no more reason to stay after that. 

I have no idea what garbage revenant build you're using but I've got 20 charges on mine and have to restock maybe three times per round if I'm playing solo. The exact same amount as rhino. Plus I sleep everything

6 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Like I said in OP, he is a solo frame not a team frame.

He's decent in either capacity without trying to be the best in either of them.

Rhino is a JOAT.

A good Rhino is always a benefit to a team...Rhino may not be the "best" fit in any one category but isn't ever a bad fit in the right hands.

It's simpler to think of Rhino like one would a Red Mage.

• Like 1

On 2020-06-17 at 11:55 AM, kwlingo said:

Too many times I see Rhino mains claiming Rhino is a great team synergy for missions like SS, Plague, Eidolons, Profit Taker, etc.

Is it once to have a small damage boost? Yes but most of the time you don't need a damage buff for the mission or there are other frames that do a better job.

Is he needed to boost the speed of the objective? No

There are so many other frames that will help out the entire team.

I believe Rhino's are damage hoarders and self protectors instead of groups synergy driven. They want to solo the mission but in a group setting.

What are your thoughts? Does he need a change?

Rhino's a great frame. He's a generalist, a Jack of all trades. He can take on multiple roles in a mission. Need a team buff? Rhino can do that. Need a CC? He can do that too. How about a tank? Yep Rhino can do it. On lower levels he's also a nuke. 

It's true that other frames can do each of the jobs better, but it's rare to have something that can do all of those as well as he can. So when you are going public, Rhino's a great option, because you never know what role you are going to have to fill. 

And let's face it, his abilities are insanely well synergised with one another, and  the augments really do augment the abilities in useful ways. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

and  the augments really do augment the abilities in useful ways. 

I have to disagree. His 1 maybe, but his other augments are just eh. Iron Shrapnel is just there for the recast, since you're not really gonna use it for the nuke reliably. Which is why most people equip it unranked.

Piercing Roar would be nice if it instantly gave 10 stacks of puncture, to greatly reduce the damage you and your teammate take but as it stands you gotta spam it to have some effect. The CC is ok i guess.

Reinforcing Stomp belongs in a museum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T-Shark69 said:

I have to disagree. His 1 maybe, but his other augments are just eh. Iron Shrapnel is just there for the recast, since you're not really gonna use it for the nuke reliably. Which is why most people equip it unranked.

Piercing Roar would be nice if it instantly gave 10 stacks of puncture, to greatly reduce the damage you and your teammate take but as it stands you gotta spam it to have some effect. The CC is ok i guess.

Reinforcing Stomp belongs in a museum.

Disagree all you want, it just tells me that you don't know what you are talking about. You probably think that the higher numbers are the only important thing in making that call. But in reality they're pretty useless. 

Reinforcing stomp allows you to never lose your iron skin outside of nullification bubbles. A player who shrugs off attacks and completely ignores status effects throughout the entire mission is the definition of a good tank. 

Doesn't matter how much you buff armor before you put the iron skin on. Sooner or later it goes down. When that does happen, you're left wide open. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

When that does happen, you're left wide open. 

And you think 5K iron skin id get from the stomp in a crowded area will save me from the mobs that shredded through the 1M i had? 

Right, im the one who doesnt know what they're talking about... I'd get more by pressing 2 when I see the shield gate prompt.

Edited by T-Shark69

5 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

And you think 5K iron skin id get from the stomp in a crowded area will save me from the mobs that shredded through the 1M i had? 

Right, im the one who doesnt know what they're talking about... I'd get more by pressing 2 when I see the shield gate prompt.

And if during gameplay they shredded through 1M So quickly that you couldn't mitigate the loss then you can expect them to burn through your shields and health in less than an instant. You will be pressing 2 after you hit the button to revive. 

Now if you had hit your 4, like a sensible person, you would have stopped the incoming damage, and could have buffed your own Iron Skin and had a chance to do something other than take damage all day long. 

Thanks for proving the point. 

• Like 2

Google Translate

If in Arbitration as Rhino I have collected five revival tokens because I am still alive, I will help the team.

If I can do rows of mobs and let others breathe deeply, I help the team.

It doesn't always have to be Frame skills that serve others.

Leave Rhino as it is, it works and has been for a long, long time.

And if I'm too selfish for you, don't play random, play in the clan with Discord or TS.

For me, random means first and foremost surviving, handing out damage and then saving and helping other gamers.

And Rhino is good for this job.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

then you can expect them to burn through your shields and health in less than an instant. 

There is a second of shield gate after the shields go down. They could do 69M dps and it wouldnt matter, that 1 second is constant. It will still be enough to press 2.

Now if you had hit your 4, like a sensible person, you would have stopped the incoming damage, and could have buffed your own Iron Skin and had a chance to do something other than take damage all day long. 

That's not how it works. You keep an eye on your Iron Skin first things first so you dont get caught red handed with it going out. Once its too low for comfort but high enough to still tank for some time, you do the Anomaly and 1&2 combo to refresh it. Even Toxin procs wont down you due to the high amount of Armor you have thanks to Ironclad Charge. 

Thanks for proving the point.

What point is that? Nowhere in your rebbutal 5k (generous) extra iron skin made sense. It doesnt make sense anywhere sensible. Id have to spam stomp 200 times in succession to get back the iron skin I would by just recasting with 1 and 2. How's that better?!

Edited by T-Shark69
  • Like 1