Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Deadlock Protocol: Hotfix 28.0.5

[DE]Megan

6 hours later, and a small boi about to go to sleep, and no sign of DE rollbacking this absolutely unwarranted nerf.

the tremor wasn't even OP to begin with, it was decent. and the only actually good primary kitgun so this nerf was just out of spite. or , the reason why negative IQ nerfs like this happen in the first please : "why not! we're feeling like it!" <- someone at DE in charge of kitgun balancing.

give the community a GOOD surprise for once and rollback these asinine nerfs. will ya?  you made kitguns mediocre at best with tombfiner being the only fun + decent one to use. now they're all mediocre. good job! 😄 if you wanted us to just straight up tell everyone to not bother with primary kitguns, you did "THE" good thing. how about you roll back the nerf, and bring everything up the what standards kitguns usually have? cause right now, they are factually worse than any other already established primary.

or, in terms you will be able to understand : dear DE. you made kitgun bad. that means less money for you from people who wanna buy or skip. do buff every kitguns. do rollback all these asinine nerfs. in fact, roll back these asinine nerfs and never nerf any primary kitguns again, because they're just too weak to warrant actual nerfs.

These nerfs were not decided by someone who would actually play this bloody game.

36 minutes ago, mikakor said:

6 hours later, and a small boi about to go to sleep, and no sign of DE rollbacking this absolutely unwarranted nerf.

the tremor wasn't even OP to begin with, it was decent. and the only actually good primary kitgun so this nerf was just out of spite. or , the reason why negative IQ nerfs like this happen in the first please : "why not! we're feeling like it!" <- someone at DE in charge of kitgun balancing.

give the community a GOOD surprise for once and rollback these asinine. will ya?  you made kitguns mediocre at best with tombfiner being the only fun + decent one to use. now they're all mediocre. good job! 😄 if you wanted us to just straight up tell everyone to not bother with primary kitguns, you did "THE" good thing. how about you roll back the nerf, and bring everything up the what standards kitguns usually have? cause right now, they are factually worse than any other already established primary.

or, in terms you will be able to understand : dear DE. you made kitgun bad. that means less money for you from people who wanna buy or skip. do buff every kitguns. do rollback all these asinine nerfs. in fact, roll back these asinine nerfs and never nerf any primary kitguns again, because they're just too weak to warrant actual nerfs.

I started charging the attack when the update dropped... 6 hours later it just finished 

The PBR on the new Moa looks ugly af now.

I honestly prefered the pre "fix" one and its lovely pearlescent shine.

Why can't we have both the shine and being able to colorize it?

It looks very ugly , matte and worn down now :/ but at least we can colorize it now? ... yay? 

I want to applause DE, you are killing pretty good your game.

Nerf Tomb, a great nerf on contagion spore too ! On big map like corpus arbitration, if saryn moves to grab the vitus essences...She s out of spore aera, so spores disappear... You have really kill the contagion spore build ...

👎

I'm very unhappy about this: "Fixed the Temple Relief appearing multiple times in the same Corpus Ship mission, which resulted in a malfunction on the second interaction.".
Some people wants second set of Tenets for dojo at least. Hope it will be reverted (it was good hard grind content and now it just lost) or it will be available to buy second set instead of credits by choise at Temple.

It's very unfair fix.

Or maybe there are chance to add shop for Darvo for buying duplicates of such things by plat? I mean like Simaris shop where available things that you get earlier.

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Railjack Changes & Fixes:

• General stability changes towards Railjack missions when a Host migration occurs. This touches on issues related to Crewships not spawning after a Host migration, and crashing when a Crewship spawning triggers a Host migration.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when destroying Fighters.
  • Fixed Railjack doors sometimes preventing you from moving through unless you move back and approach them again.
  • Fixed a script error related to Scrapping Railjack Wreckage.

I sent the ship back to dojo, the game crashed, the first time this error has occurred since the revised

DE, you have to stop fixing something that breaks 10 others ...

nerfing tremor grip wasn't nessecary, like, at all. it wasn't broken, it was just the best grip. theirs a best for every modal weapon, that's how lists work. whenever a list is created their is a best and a worst. the tombfinger itself was not broken, it was a fun bramma-like alternative with more ammo. now the tombfinger is just bad because the other grips don't offer enough status or crit to be worthwhile.

1) The Catchmoon NEEDS more Magazine, 10+ on the small side and 30+ on the large... automatic shotguns have higher magazine capacities than semi-auto shotguns for the same reason automatic rifles have higher capacities than semi-auto rifles... without that, it feels really bad and not even like an automatic shotgun.

2) If you are going to make us use "energy slug shotgun rounds" (compared to what Pistol and Arca Plasmor are like), you need to consider ways to buff the AOE in some way beyond piercing (because there is a MOD for that!) and make the slugs "Astilla" explode for each target they pass through as a unique mechanic... a hybrid of slug and exploding shotgun shells.

What this would do would be allow you to line up down hallways for shots or cluster enemies with powers and for each enemy it goes through there would be an AOE that would help chain kills... instead of using the width of the projectile plus punch through as the Pistol variant does. (Just make sure the cone blast is big enough to matter in average hallway situations.)

For the Astilla explode... should somewhat copy the feel of the dude in  Avatar: The Last Airbender  that could shoot a Fire combustion attack from his Forehead/fire bending tattoo... the 3 loud pops and the big boom at the end, very satesfying and interesting, so use that for VFX and SFX ideas...

Why don't resound Formas to players who already build Primary Kitguns?

Early changing weapon stat is simply good, without it is not fair for 1st wave players of each content.
In this update, my Tombfinger primary get nerfed too fast. 

It seems unfair things. "TEST PLAYER LIVES MATTER"

On the primary kitgun changes;

The pre-nerf tombfinger should have been the baseline. Why can't you guys buff the mediocre combinations and leave the good weapons as is.

If build diversity is something you care about, give us more options that we want to use.

This isn't a PvP game so weapon power is not a matter too difficult to balance. One-shot clearing the map may be a problem, but we don't have (or need) that kind of weapon.

Get yourself together DE. Did you think having players waste multiple formas seem like a good idea?

Yeah hi, after dumping 4 forma into Tremor for Tombfinger after Shrewd got an immense buff while Tremor got an immense nerf I'd looooove a little bit of compensation since I have to waste a modslot turning Tremor into Shrewd. Ktyx

6 hours ago, Caius_Fact said:

That's not a terrible way to do it, mind you! I really enjoyed the way Brozime talked about Octavia in his 2020 tier video - "this warframe is overpowered, but no one's using it, so I guess it's not a problem!" And, I mean, he's got a point. "This option is taking over the meta" is a decent working definition for "overpowered." It's even kind of democratic!

In this case it was more like "The tombfinger/tremor combo is the only viable option of the offerings given by DE, lets build that". Now I've spent 7 forma, a catalyst, and a weapon exilus adapter. So they nerfed based on popularity but what they failed to see was that it was because the other options were such garbage.

It would be really nice if i could change to a different grip after this absolute butchering of the combo.

5 hours ago, Caius_Fact said:

You raise an interesting question. I'm not sure how DE does it, but I think the first thing I'd do is weight the results according to mastery level, on the assumption that higher-level players are probably not running into the kinds of hurdles you're describing. I assume DE is at LEAST doing this - otherwise they would be getting misleading spikes for, say, Broken War or Braton-Mk1.

The next thing I'd do is develop a rough system for gauging how "difficult" different missions and mission-types are. Seeing an MR 23 player bring Akzani to a Lith Fissure probably means that player is just messing around and mixing things up. It they take that same weapon to an Arbitration where Akzani isn't the bonus weapon, that's a more interesting data-point. DE probably isn't doing exactly this, but they could be doing something like it? It's hard to say.

I think I'd also put less weight on weapons with installed Rivens, because that can often mean the Riven is good rather than the weapon itself. DE might be doing this - it's probably less important than abovementioned factors.

Mind you, my reference to spreadsheets was about the spreadsheets in their design docs, not their analytics. I'm talking about a table that compares the stats of the Tombfinger components side-by-side. I don't think there's any danger of contaminated data when you're working with the rules of your own game.

They do, at least sometimes; if you look around there was a very hard to read graph showing the warframes used by Mastery rank, Saryn dominated at higher mastery while Excalibur, due to his often being picked first was the winner at lower ranks.Some of those usages for rivens before were as well, before the current system; but lumped primes, mk-1, and regulars in the same usage pile.

Mastery rank itself has little to do with player ability, just means they have ranked gear; which mostly can be done, and often is due to shared affinity. That said, mastery rank locks were implemented originally to show a vague idea of that (but of course they don't matter for plat or prime access bought items sorta invalidating that too) that master locks on the gear were to represent the item's relative power tier. What with mr 14 and such weapons being for the elite of the elite or at least those "experienced in other gear". Its not a good system, considering but its the intent and would work better without these popularity based deals making it moot.

Problem: spawns are too erratic and unreliable in Granum void, especially in a group. DE: "We listened to feedback on Granum void!" Solution: nerf the already abysmal spawns even more.

What?

I enjoyed the Deadlock Protocol quest. As far as solo quests in Warframe go this is probably the least obnoxious one since before Second Dream. After trying the Granum void a few times and having everything spawn (and very quickly die) within 10 seconds, then waiting for a full minute for something, anything else to spawn, I gave up on it. Then you went ahead and increased the kill requirements in a group without adjusting the spawn rate (what is even the point of making things more difficult when in a group, in a game where a major attraction is playing coop with friends?). And now you NERF the spawn rates even more? What is even the point? Everyone who finds Granum easy got everything on day 1. Those of us who couldn't are even less likely to. This is the most blatant attempt at forcing people to buy plat that I've seen so far, and considering what the entire financial model of the game is that's saying something.

On a not-so-unrelated note, I just had an Anomaly railjack mission bug out and become uncompletable after a host migration. Again. Like with every single time a host migration has happened on railjack, after almost 8 months of constant patching and hotfixing, including a major "revised" patch to railjack. I've actually been keeping tab and every single RJ mission has bugged out one way or the other. Most of the time it's "only" stuff like getting stuck inside the turret or a black screen in the anomaly or those anomaly "tunnels" not working or melee suddenly becoming unsuable, and in the worst cases squadmates just finish the mission for me. But a good 20-30% of the bugs result in an uncompletable mission, and some of these are still here, as fresh as on day 1, eight months later.

But hey priorities, let's nerf the primary kitguns and the Granum void spawns. And nerf buff the Bramma while we're at it, because it certainly needed to be even more obscenely powerful than it already is.

Warframe is such a great game, it really is. It's a testament to how great it is that I keep coming back to it despite the insane number of game-breaking bugs and design issues that just won't go away. The former is only acceptable to an extent, but there really is no excuse for the latter.

Protea buffs and/or reworks when?

1's tap effect is OKAY for CC, but is useless for much else beyond lvl.50... Shield gate effect of the held 1 is more useful than the recharge, doesn't really help her or others SURVIVE at levels where enemies can rip it off in an instant...

2 is garbage still, the radius is limited AND the reach is affected heavily by negatives applied such as the commonly-used "Narrow Minded". A lil bit of range via mods help but... The damage is terrible even after stacking four of them at once. Doesn't scale and after lvl.120, it starts to have trouble taking down ANY heavy unit.
Also, why bother giving it "ammo" if it's just gonna be a passively-draining DURation bar?
If Protea is going to use her 2 to lock down tight angles and positions, AT LEAST make it so that it'll only drain said ammo while shooting!
It already has a limit of what, 4 total not-turrets that you can place at a time, right? To give it such a limitation on placement totals, while also claiming it has ammo AND it having a set fire-rate is absurd and redundant, all the worse as not only does it not scale, the maximum possible DURation it can achieve is so bad I can't even LAUGH. it's sheerly depressing.

3 is okay, about the most simply handy item in her kit... If she had ANY real reason to use it? Like, what point is there in gaining energy orbs if the powers she can use are all mediocre or worse?

Protea's 4... Gods, I want to love it, but it's just so bad. Firstly, on its own:
It has a short DURation and much like the rest of her kit, requires you stuff as much DURation into her build as possible to make use of. It also has a VERY high cost, which seems to indicate it should be a very potent skill.
HOWEVER... Instead, it seems a very slightly beneficial ability, with several negative points both for itself AND the rest of her kit. If she drops to 0 HP while 4 is recording, it ends instantly and sends her back to the initial-use position with the energy cost of the skill drained AND a fraction of her HP so low she WILL die if hit by any enemy at lvl.80 in seconds. Worse, it knocks her down and basically makes it a guarantee that this will occur. All the energy orbs, health orbs and ammo she picks up while recording is also reverted to the initial state minus the cost of the 4's use itself.
IE: No matter what she picks up while running her 4, Protea will always have LESS resources than when she started using the ability.

Now, we get to the INVERSE-SYNERGY issue. Protea's 4, as mentioned, reverts ALL GAINS from pickups she grabbed while it was recording. This includes the drops her 3 generate.
And if you're running [Vacuum] on your floaty pal -Chances being you very likely do!- then you're extremely likely to pick up those drops while running around.
The point of this is to... What, spam her abilities and spend it? Keep in mind, her 2 is useless beyond low level mob-mop ups in a VERY limited angle of fire... And her 1 is low-cost to start with, while also doing basically nothing but CC or offering a very short-lived recharge buff with a side of slight shield-gate-duration-up.

Heck, even WHILE MID-REWIND, a state in which you can't use abilities or shoot, you STILL pick up any drop you pass on the way back to your initial cast position.
This means that Protea constantly grabs and eats up energy orbs, yet has no reason or worth in spending them while in her 4's active state beyond spam-tapping 1 for CC.
Worse, she'll end up with less energy by the time her 4 ends regardless of whether you set down her 3 or not.

If anything, it's a waste of time AND energy to use, as it'd be better to just spam-tap her 1 and pick up energy from her 3, rather than revert with less resources post-4.

As such, while her 4 is cool and fun in concept, the way it essentially negates HP/energy pickups after it rewinds is both detrimental on a singular-use level AND when it's applied as a concept of counter-synergy when glancing over how her 3 functions in its drops.
At best, her 4 is handy for Archgun ammo conservation via spam of said 'gun... But on the whole, Archguns SUCK when compared to almost any primary weapon. Even if one were to say "but rivens can make them better", the same can be said of primary weapons.

And at its worst... Protea's 4 delets potential resources from the map, reverts her to a worse energy-total state and if she dies while it's active -which will occur more often in higher-level content and the longer she's running it- it leaves her not with LESS HP, but almost none, while simultaneously leaving her on the ground waiting for the coup de grâce.

Archived