Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Deadlock Protocol: Hotfix 28.0.5

[DE]Megan

I don't know whats going on but i cant enter my railjack anymore or host missions. I have asked about and some people have the option of boarding the RJ from the orbiter? Its not available for my and my RJ is maxed out. what is going on? its almost impossible to complete the RJ nightwave tasks since online is a mess at times.

59 minutes ago, mikakor said:

this is factually false. you seem to be new here, so i'll give you some advice, here, to save you a bit of sanity. DE is NOT close to the community in the slightest

Hehe. You don't even know, friend. They're always watching. They have scores of help to keep watch over things and make reports. They don't act on what they know most of the time. They're aware of what we talk about and they largely know what we're asking about. They jab and joke about common user requests on devstreams a lot.

So yeah, they're close to us. They know what we're talking about and asking for. I can only conclude that things aren't so simple and straight forward as "this needs to change, so let's change it."

5 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

Hehe. You don't even know, friend. They're always watching. They have scores of help to keep watch over things and make reports. They don't act on what they know most of the time. They're aware of what we talk about and they largely know what we're asking about. They jab and joke about common user requests on devstreams a lot.

So yeah, they're close to us. They know what we're talking about and asking for. I can only conclude that things aren't so simple and straight forward as "this needs to change, so let's change it."

except it literally is. you know, the great "uni-vacuum problem" ? DE repeatedly said that they were not willing to give univacuum. why? they never gave a reason. but it's not because it was hard to do. you see, our warframes have, by default, a 1-2 meter of vacuum. so the only thing they would have to do is to crank the numbers up and the whole uni-vac thing would have been over. so yes, i DO know. i watch all their stream, and i'm well aware of what's going on. but their little jokes on stream means nothing when compared to what they ACTUALLY do. actions speaks louder than words. and actions, ho boy, have their done a lot of them.

this is just one exemple of DE unwilling to change the game for the better.

1 minute ago, mikakor said:

except it literally is. you know, the great "uni-vacuum problem" ? DE repeatedly said that they were not willing to give univacuum. why? they never gave a reason

They gave a reason multiple times. If I recall, the main reason was that it was unnecessary and they didn't want to make things too easy for us. They also mentioned how they sort of did give it to us on objects that were super close.

It's not the most satisfying of reasons, but they have addressed it.

But they are close to us. They do listen. The do know what we want. They just won't give it to us. Whatever you're thinking about them, it's probably a genuine assessment, it's just a matter of terms to call it by. DE has a tough gig making something they hope a wide swath of players will be willing to sink time into. They're not always trying to make us happy; they try to make us unhappy in ways they can recover from. It's sort of messed up. All I'm saying though, is that they are paying attention and listening to the community. But just like you said, they don't take action and are unwilling to change the game for the better at least as far as some would consider "better" to be.

1 minute ago, sir_deadlock said:

They gave a reason multiple times. If I recall, the main reason was that it was unnecessary and they didn't want to make things too easy for us. They also mentioned how they sort of did give it to us on objects that were super close.

But they are close to us. They do listen. The do know what we want. They just won't give it to us. Whatever you're thinking about them, it's probably a genuine assessment, it's just a matter of terms to call it by. DE has a tough gig making something they hope a wide swath of players will be willing to sink time into. They're not always trying to make us happy; they try to make us unhappy in ways they can recover from. It's sort of messed up. All I'm saying though, is that they are paying attention and listening to the community. But just like you said, they don't take action and are unwilling to change the game for the better at least as far as some would consider "better" to be.

well then... you said your stuff for the game, in itself, and i cannot really say anymore. but there is still the matter of how DE interact WITH the community. for exemple by reacting negatively to valid criticism of nepotism and favoritism, or how they protect someone who blatantly violate their own rules... there is still these problems too, that DE has yet to fully address and admit they did.

2 hours ago, mikakor said:

there is still the matter of how DE interact WITH the community

Oh yeah, no argument from me. They leave a lot to be desired on social skills and not giving reliable and fair treatment. It's hard to find a company that does, really.

A while ago they burned a bridge with me in that regard. I get they're a business, I totally understand there's a barrier they need to put up to remain professional and adhere to legal requirements, but sometimes they're just mean.

So yeah, they make one of my favorite games. I'm not going to pretend we're friends.

5 hours ago, sir_deadlock said:

Pumping the brakes for a moment, let's revisit this one.

We initially got vacuum on carrier only.  The mod allowed for picking up stuff in a looter, which made sense.  The community asked for the a truly universal vacuum, which was denied because it would make the looting trivial.  The community responded by using either carrier or helios, and nothing else.

When that particular response was made clear, we got a response back that we'd get a vacuum mod for all sentinels, and the range was nerfed into the ground.  The community response was immediately negative, and the changes were partially reverted.  Yes, all sentinels get vacuum with a slightly smaller area of effect.  That was hurdle one.

Then we were asked why despite this we still only used carrier or helios.  Helios was simple, scanning sucks.  Carrier was just as simple, items with bad ammo economy required either pizzas or ammo case.  Then we got mods for weapons to do ammo conversion.  

With that, we still didn't have a use for organic pets.  It was years later that fetch was added to the game.

The meta now is that you use what you want.  If you want a furry tank a Kubrow isn't bad.  If you want buffing you use a kavat.  If you want ammo you use carrier.  If you want scans you use helios.  If you're new taxon is your thing.  If you want infinite respawns you use Djinn.  If you're niche you use Wyrm, Dethcube, or Dirigia.  It took almost 6 years of the game before organic pets mattered, and the kubrows still require a primed collar for buffing them.  You'll note I made no note of Moas, as they generally lack a compelling reason to exist given their ability to perform suicide ten seconds after seeing an enemy.

My point here is that before I took a hiatus 4 years ago there were people requesting 23 hour duration on forma construction.  If you're telling me that it took moving the heavens and earth to get that done, then I'm going to have an issue.  It's telling that when things are going sideways they are willing to offer that up.

Likewise, they're in the process of reworking the partner program.  I'm 100% for it, but it's been a black eye for about two years.  

My greater issue is that the whole game is sold as a beta.  If that's the case, why not have people test your game and provide feedback.  Yes, you need a QA team but balance testing is different from QA.  You run a test server for a week and 99% of the balance issues can be seen with a dedicated group of testers.  Instead we get releases pushed out the door, that need rebalancing the same week.  We have rivens, a tool sold to us as a way to bring all weapons to being useful at higher levels, released as garbage because nobody knows the way to balance them and the nerfing has raised community ire.

So here's the counter point.  People at DE may read.  They may understand.  Despite this, what is released bears no resemblance to the feedback.  That either says they don't care, don't know, or believe we are idiots.  I'd prefer the think it's not knowing, rather than malice or anger.  I think DE is fundamentally reasonable, they just don't have leadership that keeps projects and goals in check.  I also think that the community is too diverse to listen to, because it will inevitably pull in all directions.  They haven't decided what they want to be yet, and this is the problem.

Is warframe a game for veterans?  Is it a game that onboards newer players?  Is it about challenge, or loot?  Is there a plan for the future, beyond the next content island?  Do we have a direct means of feedback?

I ask these questions rhetorically.  In the last two years a famous personality commented about prime cosmetics, and now the vaults offer them.  Media covered PoE, and then afterwards said almost nothing about Fortuna.  We had three continuous releases that were terribly bad, and it was more than half a year's worth of content.  What we got after that was all the small things that we've been complaining about for years, almost like it was damage control. 

I think DE being close to the community is a lie, because in order to do so they'd have to internalize conflicting opinions because their game is a constantly changing system.  They've chosen to do this, to chase trends.  Open Worlds was the theme of PoE/Fortuna.  Starfox/FTL was Railjack.  Liches were Lord of the Rings.  If DE just went back to space ninjas with guns, and maybe focused on game modes or an annual quest, it'd be within their ability to deliver well.  Until then, I've got Hydroid's prime trailer, Zephyr, Titania, Ivara, Atlas, and others to wait for.  Yeah, I think ambition needs to be tempered a bit better, and more importantly listening to the constant call to go bigger and do more is pretty goofy.

In short, we've asked for things like this update for years (being clear, smaller releases more often).  We did so after the lackluster PoE launch.  We did so after the 6+ month roll-out of Fortuna.  The other shoe dropped with Liches and Railjack.  DE is human.  They want to listen to the people who praise their hard efforts.  It's tough to deal with harsh criticism, and it gets harsher after years of difficult releases, content droughts, and bugs galore.  There's a reason people hate human resources and quality.  They're the two groups who never bring good news.  The unfortunate bit is that we are DE's quality department.  That's the agreement when you release a perpetual beta.  

On 2020-06-18 at 4:02 AM, -EPECb- said:

giphy.gif

"Invasions" menu problems:

1. https://gfycat.com/complicatedposhbumblebee

2. https://gfycat.com/fortunatebriskamericanblackvulture

+++++++++

Issue with Kuva missions:

Reveal hidden contents

W6fuS6j.jpg

Strange things... need some fixing:

Reveal hidden contents

AWiIKGu.jpg

FGzUsD0.jpg

Hammer bug:

https://gfycat.com/firstglaringbarasingha

About Baruuk:

After using Baruuk's 2nd skill on some Bosses (Lieutenant Lech KrilGeneral Sargas Ruk for example) they don't wake up if you hit them.

https://gfycat.com/complicatedpessimisticattwatersprairiechicken

About Titania:

1. https://gfycat.com/briskwelldocumentedasianporcupine

2. https://gfycat.com/faroffimpureafricanelephant

3. https://gfycat.com/waterygooddoe

About Garuda:

Garuda's Blood Altar bad contact with Rollers and Bursa:

https://gfycat.com/amusingbigheartedbaboon

+++++++++

latest?cb=20200205022216

They've addressed the Invasion UI multiple times since that reddit post. As recent as two weeks ago. 

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/guum4r/i_cant_be_the_only_one_who_gets_frustrated_by/fskrsuj/?context=3

It'll be fixed with the World State Window UI Rework

2 часа назад, Aeon94 сказал:

I have been playing with Garuda Hinsa skin and noticed that she is missing Dread Mirror skin. Not only colouring is hard with different textures and materials of Deluxe Skin and base Dread Mirror, she also feels incomplete without matching Dread Mirror. Hope it gets added into the game.

ArtStation - Garuda, deluxe skin. Warframe., Arsen Asyrankulov

I feel like this new mode isn't super balanced. My squad used to get 200+ kills in the highest tier, but now we struggle to even get the lowest reward in the first tier. Also, could you consider making the time pickups fall to the floor? They're really hard to see if you kill a spectre in the air. Otherwise, this new update has been minimally buggy which is so great!

vor 10 Stunden schrieb mikakor:

if you are a new player... from a Veteran, to a new player, don't get too attached to this game. you still got time to find a game that will respect it's players. this team ALWAYS do the same mistakes. over and over and over again. they will do something that everyone hates, correct it, say that they won't do it again... AND DO IT AGAIN AFTER 😄

the reason why you see so much aggressiveness is because DE have proved that they are not willing to bring the effort to change, despite countless promises...

if despite all of this you persist in playing this game, well... welcome aboard, tenno. we all farm together.

I am only new to the forum, so I don't have that much experience in watching community feedback transfering or not transfering to changes of the game.

But new to the game? Not at all. I don't know what platform you're playing on, but you can /profile Jenny_B_23 on pc and will see it's not that new to the game. Furthermore, my main account is mel_fox_76 on ps4 where I am at 2200 hrs and mr27...

I cannot qualify anykind of changes in DE's treatment of community requests as I haven't been into it that deep. I have just played the game, mostly with clan mates on ps4 and mostly solo on PC. If I wouldn't like it, I might not continue to do so and spend money on it.

Of course, there are things I miss in the game, especially coming from Destiny (part I on ps4).

1. I really miss comparable raids. Some mates that had already begun playing Warframe in 2014 (I really started at like November 2017) told me about those old raids with many players involved and ways to quickly farm credits and arcanes, I guess. When I started, it was only Eidolons or Lephantis at Plague star. Or later on profit taker. So I miss more challenging boss fights that should, in my eyes, be attractive through exclusive loot that includes (not tradeable) mods and/or weapons that are very strong against bosses (like Snipers or rocket launchers in Destiny). For example the new jackal shouldn’t be called a boss as its way too easy to kill and not getting hurt by using Operator. Destiny (1) raids had not only boss fights, but also parcours (king's fall raid) or puzzles (wrath of the machine raid) that need to be solved by coordinated actions that were kind of challenging to new players . Warframes are much more agile and built to run. The objektives on Lua already exist, but I like these things to be part of a raid.

2. I really miss a relevant pvp mode as conclave is existing, but not anykind of relevant. In Destiny, there is no separation between pve and pvp and u can use all the stuff in both parts of the game. Plus Destiny has much more pvp maps and more interesting modes. Warframe should get a better pvp and make mods and everything useable in pvp and pve. Only the ability to use riven mods might be debatable as it could create a too big imbalance. Why not creating something like mobile defense 3 on 3, where one team is defending and the other trying to destroy the target. Just like pve modes and some players are getting into the shoes of Corpus, Grineer or Infested (just their role, still controlling a Warframe).

3. The general availability of the best equipment should be limited or made more difficult to get. Weapons like Kuva Bramma, Rubico Prime or Gram Prime should be very hard to get, so that not everybody can play them at mr14. The quests to get the best weapons should be difficult and prime weapons should be good, but not the very top as they are even available through trade without any effort in playing the game.

4. Comparing PC and PS4, I don’t like that u cannot buy everything with platinum on PC which u can on ps4. The force, to use steam to be able to get the coolest Syandanas or skins ain’t nice. Coming from ps4, at first I was confused having such a small choice of skins before somebody told me it is necessary to use a steam account and buy this stuff with real money.

5. I don’t like the weapon balance between classes of melee, primary and secondary. I don’t really like pushing my controller’s button to death by using melee weapon all the time as it’s by far the best class. I prefer using automatic or beam guns that require some aiming skills to hit the target. I don’t like op weapons that require no aiming skills at all like Kuva Bramma or Catchmoon (before nerfs) or Ignis Wraith. I was told, Tonkor and Simulor had been op before as well. AoE weapons shouldn’t be too strong, especially when they have a lot of ammo. In Destiny you’ve had like 3 rockets for your launcher and maybe few addditonal ammo as loot from killed enemies.

Citation

Tombfinger

• Charge time decreased from 0.8secs to 0.5secs with Brash Grip.
  • Charge time increased from 0.8secs to 1.1secs with Steadyslam Grip.
  • Charge time increased from 0.8secs to 1.4secs with Tremor Grip.

No weapon should have a charge time > 1 sec. It's just to much of a burden to use, except with a weapon that can destroy a planet ... which is not the case.

Adjust the damage and the charge time but everything > 1 sec is a mistake. You reduced the charge time of bows for a reason ! Even with an improved rate of fire, its not worth it.

vor 38 Minuten schrieb Solostaran:

No weapon should have a charge time > 1 sec. It's just to much of a burden to use, except with a weapon that can destroy a planet ... which is not the case.

I like the choice of words. 🙂

Apart from the observation primary kitguns are still not good enough compared to the secondary kitguns and base damage of different Tombfinger variations is imbalanced (since new charge times, brash has too high base damage compared to much slower tremor), you can change charge time by mods for fire rate. Using maxed vile acceleration (+90% fire rate - 15% damage) on Tombfinger primary with tremor results in a charge time of 0.54 which is quite playable.

If u don't like to waste a mod slot for fire rate, you can use arcane acceleration on your Warframe. Another way is playing frames with abilities that are increasing attack speed and fire rate like Wisp or Volt.

5 hours ago, Jenny_B_23 said:

I like the choice of words. 🙂

Apart from the observation primary kitguns are still not good enough compared to the secondary kitguns and base damage of different Tombfinger variations is imbalanced (since new charge times, brash has too high base damage compared to much slower tremor), you can change charge time by mods for fire rate. Using maxed vile acceleration (+90% fire rate - 15% damage) on Tombfinger primary with tremor results in a charge time of 0.54 which is quite playable.

If u don't like to waste a mod slot for fire rate, you can use arcane acceleration on your Warframe. Another way is playing frames with abilities that are increasing attack speed and fire rate like Wisp or Volt.

I think it is important to give context though, what you have described is a workaround for a feature of the weapon's inherent design. What's worse is that upon release it was drastically different, indicative of DE wither not knowing what it wants it to be or succumbing to a compulsion to diminish anything in the game that slightly reduces time taken to accomplish tasks. If it's the latter, it would be incredibly absurd as it wasn't that powerful to begin with, and the time it would reduce is minuscule compared to the rewards locked behind rng.  

Railjack avionics section is a total mess. Not only it fails to show warn and show you that item you are about to scrap is actually equipped, but overall it takes half an hour to go through everything you collected in couple of railjack missions. Why not give an option to either swap for another piece or upgrade the avionics when you hover over it. Now you click on an avionics item and are give all the available avionics to swap to. And what's with all the numbers under them? 13 with 7 dots, 3 of them are not filled and number 6 at the bottom.

Also, when exiting the about to explode crewship there are instances when crewship blows up, the whole screen goes dark, as if I have shades on in the dark. I have to somehow find railjack to board and then it resets. There were instances when exiting railjack screen is completely black. All you can do is wait for you to be killed and upon resurrection you regain the vision.

And blink randomly disables itself, so you have to fly to objective like an idiot in space, is there a fuel limit to this thing or something?

8 hours ago, Jenny_B_23 said:

I am only new to the forum, so I don't have that much experience in watching community feedback transfering or not transfering to changes of the game.

But new to the game? Not at all. I don't know what platform you're playing on, but you can /profile Jenny_B_23 on pc and will see it's not that new to the game. Furthermore, my main account is mel_fox_76 on ps4 where I am at 2200 hrs and mr27...

I cannot qualify anykind of changes in DE's treatment of community requests as I haven't been into it that deep. I have just played the game, mostly with clan mates on ps4 and mostly solo on PC. If I wouldn't like it, I might not continue to do so and spend money on it.

Of course, there are things I miss in the game, especially coming from Destiny (part I on ps4).

1. I really miss comparable raids. Some mates that had already begun playing Warframe in 2014 (I really started at like November 2017) told me about those old raids with many players involved and ways to quickly farm credits and arcanes, I guess. When I started, it was only Eidolons or Lephantis at Plague star. Or later on profit taker. So I miss more challenging boss fights that should, in my eyes, be attractive through exclusive loot that includes (not tradeable) mods and/or weapons that are very strong against bosses (like Snipers or rocket launchers in Destiny). For example the new jackal shouldn’t be called a boss as its way too easy to kill and not getting hurt by using Operator. Destiny (1) raids had not only boss fights, but also parcours (king's fall raid) or puzzles (wrath of the machine raid) that need to be solved by coordinated actions that were kind of challenging to new players . Warframes are much more agile and built to run. The objektives on Lua already exist, but I like these things to be part of a raid.

2. I really miss a relevant pvp mode as conclave is existing, but not anykind of relevant. In Destiny, there is no separation between pve and pvp and u can use all the stuff in both parts of the game. Plus Destiny has much more pvp maps and more interesting modes. Warframe should get a better pvp and make mods and everything useable in pvp and pve. Only the ability to use riven mods might be debatable as it could create a too big imbalance. Why not creating something like mobile defense 3 on 3, where one team is defending and the other trying to destroy the target. Just like pve modes and some players are getting into the shoes of Corpus, Grineer or Infested (just their role, still controlling a Warframe).

3. The general availability of the best equipment should be limited or made more difficult to get. Weapons like Kuva Bramma, Rubico Prime or Gram Prime should be very hard to get, so that not everybody can play them at mr14. The quests to get the best weapons should be difficult and prime weapons should be good, but not the very top as they are even available through trade without any effort in playing the game.

4. Comparing PC and PS4, I don’t like that u cannot buy everything with platinum on PC which u can on ps4. The force, to use steam to be able to get the coolest Syandanas or skins ain’t nice. Coming from ps4, at first I was confused having such a small choice of skins before somebody told me it is necessary to use a steam account and buy this stuff with real money.

5. I don’t like the weapon balance between classes of melee, primary and secondary. I don’t really like pushing my controller’s button to death by using melee weapon all the time as it’s by far the best class. I prefer using automatic or beam guns that require some aiming skills to hit the target. I don’t like op weapons that require no aiming skills at all like Kuva Bramma or Catchmoon (before nerfs) or Ignis Wraith. I was told, Tonkor and Simulor had been op before as well. AoE weapons shouldn’t be too strong, especially when they have a lot of ammo. In Destiny you’ve had like 3 rockets for your launcher and maybe few addditonal ammo as loot from killed enemies.

1) Raids died because they required constant maintenance.  Maintenance is not new, and bug fixing is something that does not draw players.  Warframe is a beta for a reason...for whatever that is worth.  While I agree raids would be nice to have back, history suggests that they'd be impossible after basically ever major fix, and thus be a mess.

2) PvP is a great idea, but not for warframe.  There is no balance as to warframes, with regards to stats and powers.  Likewise, weapons requiring huge forma investments would mean newer players could not compete against more veteran ones.  How does Destiny get around this?  They have rock-paper-scissors classes who have powers, but ones that can be played around.  Warframe has Mesa, Saryn, and other frames designed to nuke and to have healing.  If you have multiple parts of the DPS-healing-tanking triad then you're either going to have to rework the frame or to ban its use.  This is why competitive shooter have either classes, purchased load-outs, or characters.  You need to have play and counter-play, which warframe would have to be completely rebuilt to support.  This is all to say, PvP was dead on arrival because the game was never designed for it.

3) Destiny doesn't hide their best gear behind just a skill wall, it's also and RNG wall.  Run a daily/weekly raid, get a drop, maybe it's what you really want.  That's basically the Sortie system.  The problem is that warframe has hundreds of weapons, and there are top choices in all categories.  The MR system locks some of them, so you are forced to grind content.  As an example, let's look at snipers.  There's the snipetron, snipetron vandal, lanka, komorex, vulkar, vulkar wraith, vectis, vectis prime, rubico, and rubico prime.  The "top tier" is the rubico prime, vectis prime, and komorex.  Why 3, well there's impact focus, slash focus, and status focus.  

The rubico prime and vectis prime can be vaulted.  They are thus locked behind a release wall.  The komorex is a standard wait.  Let's have some more fun though.  Our highest "challenge" content right now is the Lich system.  They require killing a larvling, wiping a huge number of thralls, playing a guessing game with the parazon, and being rewarded with a low elemental chance multiplier which requires valence transfers to maximize.  Help me here, how is this not gating off the content when only 1.7% of users on steam have killed a Lich?  It's even funnier when the percentage of people at the True Master achievement is 1.4%, when that rank cannot be obtained in game.  Let me do the math here.  1.4% cheating, from 1.7% listed, is 0.3%.  Yeah, 0.3% participation sounds like content is gated pretty well.

So I guess my point is that there's no raids, but warframe doesn't make everything easy to access.  If you have infinite time it's relatively easy, but that's true of most things.  Stating that everything in warframe is easy to access is pretty mind boggling.

4) Consoles require going through their markets.  They pay DE, DE pays creators.  For the PC it's probably easier to make use of the tools on steam to host things, given that they're providing resources DE would have to pay for anyways.  Yes, I agree that this is backwards, but it's a business decision.

5) Hoo boy.  Time for some member' berries.  I remember when the Boltor Prime was by far the best weapon in game because it was a good bullet hose.  I remember when the Synoid Gammacor literally was the only secondary worth using.  I remember when the Atterax+maiming strike combo ruled everything.  I also remember when using melee was absolute garbage and was only done if you were out of ammo.  The meta has shifted.  You can evolve, complain, or leave.  Evolution is necessary as "difficulty" largely means enemy levels go up.  Complaints are summarily dismissed here as salt, because they look at the underlying data instead of feedback (hello, might that be the method for riven balancing too?).  Leaving is unproductive, and something I'd suggest against.  While I understand frustrating that DE never seems to stop the pendulum at a balance, what are you going to do?  It was primaries three years ago.  It was secondaries after that.  It's melee now.  Heck, someday it might even be heavy weapons. 

Joking aside, DE does try and balance things.  Let's look at the Acceltra.  High crit, high fire rate, explosive damage, but balanced by reloads, low ammo (3 clips), and stagger.  The same can be said about the Soma.  Garbage damage, but high crit, high ammo, and a fast fire rate.  There are a lot of weapons you could highlight that you think aren't balanced, but that's largely subjective rather than objective.  You cite the Bramma, and it ate a nerf.  You cite the catchmoon, and it ate a huge nerf as well.  The Ignis is a weapon people spam because there's no skill required.  Run to target, get status to prevent being curb stomped, run to next target.  It's useless at ranges, and it's designed for area coverage with low damage.  If that's not balanced, then nothing in warframe can be balanced.I'm surprised you haven't cited the Lenz, given the innate ammo mutation which basically means you never have an empty ammo reserve.  Never mind the huge charge, secondary explosion delay, and low ammo pool.

My point here, after tackling the five above, is that the forums exist.  The design council exists.  The partner program used to exist.  There are plenty of feedback avenues to consider, especially when you have the demonstrated potential for test servers.  Console players complain about being behind on content, but often by the time it gets to you it isn't a buggy and broken mess, it's simply a flawed experience.  The problem is that stuff releases, there's immediate feedback on things to the point where any balance testing should have seen the issue (read: the best kitgun primary eating a nerf inside of a week of release).  Despite this, we see it time and again.  It's tiring.  It's tiring when it's a constant.  The jokes about DElayed, "Soon TM," and primed salt aren't jokes anymore.

This is set against the backdrop of DE being a little indie developer that could.  Search youtube and you'll find praise that DE is Free to Play done well, their AI is unique, and that they removed the kubrow color slot machine because people used it too much.  That's set against the in-game reality that content is often gated behind insanely low percentage drops which mean literal months of grinding or the oh so tempting "buy it with real money to respect your time."  I want to pay DE because their stuff is worth it, not because grinding it out would literally require hundreds of hours.  That's the feedback from the community, and in response we get rotation C 11.11% drop rates for new content.  After more than a year blazing step is moved to be purchasable, but Braton Vandal is still a single digit percentage drop.  The completely contrary nature of this is mind boggling.

Just ran the Interception on Eris, Node Xini, new corpus tileset. (no clue if this is a general thing and intended or just happening there)

The tower alarms seem to have gone up in volume. Like ... a lot. Sound settings unchanged on my end, I could hear the other tower's alarms as clear as day from 70m (!) away, like it was my own tower going off.
Since I need the gamesound to be at a certain level for the rest of the game, enemy attacks, Demolysts etc, I'd like to suggest maybe a slider for these specific alarms or can someone just look into it? Maybe it is just on the revamped maps? Ran Xini countless times before and while the beeping never was my favorite sound, it wasn't as intense as it is now.

P.S. Read some comments above ... If someone likes Destiny more, they should just play that for all I care. WF is fine with PvE. Played Destiny before and found it hollow n boring. Story nonexistent. *shrugs* Each to their own and it is good that games have differences. Bringing in more "competition" would be a reason to instaquit.

Edit: On a sidenote: The Anspatha Brace (Amp) is too long and sticks into the operator's arm. Really not important at all, I just got it for the first time and noticed. That's all.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb master_of_destiny:

1) Raids died because they required constant maintenance.  Maintenance is not new, and bug fixing is something that does not draw players.  Warframe is a beta for a reason...for whatever that is worth.  While I agree raids would be nice to have back, history suggests that they'd be impossible after basically ever major fix, and thus be a mess.

2) PvP is a great idea, but not for warframe.  There is no balance as to warframes, with regards to stats and powers.  Likewise, weapons requiring huge forma investments would mean newer players could not compete against more veteran ones.  How does Destiny get around this?  They have rock-paper-scissors classes who have powers, but ones that can be played around.  Warframe has Mesa, Saryn, and other frames designed to nuke and to have healing.  If you have multiple parts of the DPS-healing-tanking triad then you're either going to have to rework the frame or to ban its use.  This is why competitive shooter have either classes, purchased load-outs, or characters.  You need to have play and counter-play, which warframe would have to be completely rebuilt to support.  This is all to say, PvP was dead on arrival because the game was never designed for it.

3) Destiny doesn't hide their best gear behind just a skill wall, it's also and RNG wall.  Run a daily/weekly raid, get a drop, maybe it's what you really want.  That's basically the Sortie system.  The problem is that warframe has hundreds of weapons, and there are top choices in all categories.  The MR system locks some of them, so you are forced to grind content.  As an example, let's look at snipers.  There's the snipetron, snipetron vandal, lanka, komorex, vulkar, vulkar wraith, vectis, vectis prime, rubico, and rubico prime.  The "top tier" is the rubico prime, vectis prime, and komorex.  Why 3, well there's impact focus, slash focus, and status focus.  

The rubico prime and vectis prime can be vaulted.  They are thus locked behind a release wall.  The komorex is a standard wait.  Let's have some more fun though.  Our highest "challenge" content right now is the Lich system.  They require killing a larvling, wiping a huge number of thralls, playing a guessing game with the parazon, and being rewarded with a low elemental chance multiplier which requires valence transfers to maximize.  Help me here, how is this not gating off the content when only 1.7% of users on steam have killed a Lich?  It's even funnier when the percentage of people at the True Master achievement is 1.4%, when that rank cannot be obtained in game.  Let me do the math here.  1.4% cheating, from 1.7% listed, is 0.3%.  Yeah, 0.3% participation sounds like content is gated pretty well.

So I guess my point is that there's no raids, but warframe doesn't make everything easy to access.  If you have infinite time it's relatively easy, but that's true of most things.  Stating that everything in warframe is easy to access is pretty mind boggling.

4) Consoles require going through their markets.  They pay DE, DE pays creators.  For the PC it's probably easier to make use of the tools on steam to host things, given that they're providing resources DE would have to pay for anyways.  Yes, I agree that this is backwards, but it's a business decision.

5) Hoo boy.  Time for some member' berries.  I remember when the Boltor Prime was by far the best weapon in game because it was a good bullet hose.  I remember when the Synoid Gammacor literally was the only secondary worth using.  I remember when the Atterax+maiming strike combo ruled everything.  I also remember when using melee was absolute garbage and was only done if you were out of ammo.  The meta has shifted.  You can evolve, complain, or leave.  Evolution is necessary as "difficulty" largely means enemy levels go up.  Complaints are summarily dismissed here as salt, because they look at the underlying data instead of feedback (hello, might that be the method for riven balancing too?).  Leaving is unproductive, and something I'd suggest against.  While I understand frustrating that DE never seems to stop the pendulum at a balance, what are you going to do?  It was primaries three years ago.  It was secondaries after that.  It's melee now.  Heck, someday it might even be heavy weapons. 

Joking aside, DE does try and balance things.  Let's look at the Acceltra.  High crit, high fire rate, explosive damage, but balanced by reloads, low ammo (3 clips), and stagger.  The same can be said about the Soma.  Garbage damage, but high crit, high ammo, and a fast fire rate.  There are a lot of weapons you could highlight that you think aren't balanced, but that's largely subjective rather than objective.  You cite the Bramma, and it ate a nerf.  You cite the catchmoon, and it ate a huge nerf as well.  The Ignis is a weapon people spam because there's no skill required.  Run to target, get status to prevent being curb stomped, run to next target.  It's useless at ranges, and it's designed for area coverage with low damage.  If that's not balanced, then nothing in warframe can be balanced.I'm surprised you haven't cited the Lenz, given the innate ammo mutation which basically means you never have an empty ammo reserve.  Never mind the huge charge, secondary explosion delay, and low ammo pool.

My point here, after tackling the five above, is that the forums exist.  The design council exists.  The partner program used to exist.  There are plenty of feedback avenues to consider, especially when you have the demonstrated potential for test servers.  Console players complain about being behind on content, but often by the time it gets to you it isn't a buggy and broken mess, it's simply a flawed experience.  The problem is that stuff releases, there's immediate feedback on things to the point where any balance testing should have seen the issue (read: the best kitgun primary eating a nerf inside of a week of release).  Despite this, we see it time and again.  It's tiring.  It's tiring when it's a constant.  The jokes about DElayed, "Soon TM," and primed salt aren't jokes anymore.

If u would make an application to get a job as game developer and I'd be the recruiter (in fact I've studied something like that), there was no chance to get the job. You show the opposite of being someone with visions.

But there is hope. In social media marketing there would be another job of dealing with the community. As DE cannot accept every proposal tby the community, someone has to find the best words to tell them why DE cannot adopt these things to the game. And here we go... I like your statement in that order and you seem to be a great communicator in saying "no" to anything.

1. Raids are great, but impossible...

2. PVP is great, but impossible...

3. Kuva weapons are owned by a small minority and it's hard to get... are u f... serious? Kuva lich is noobish as hell for everybody above mr13 who is in cotact with other players and knows how to do. It only takes some patience to get it done. Kuva Bramma is way tooooo good and everybody in my random squads in sortie, arbitration, Scarlett event and even Hydron (Sedna) is using it. Feels like 80% of the players I meet are not playing something else as primary. This is ridiclious. Warframe has a real problem in its loot system as it's way too easy to get to the promised land. Besides, not Komorex but Lanka is top tier of snipers.

4. On ps4 u can get everything for platinum which means you can buy all the skins and stuff with platinum that you have received through trades.... ain't that more attractive? Be a player not a publisher that is profit maximizing....

5. Boy? Come on. Regardless, the damage dealt by like any melee weapon with + 15% cc and +15% st only using blood rush, crit mods, condition overload is crazy far from any primary apart from Kuva Bramma only due to its AoE. I get the evolution of the game, and a great modded Warframe like Saryn, Mag, Vauban, Mirage, Khora or Umbra Excalibur deals more damage than any melee can. Some guys are liking melee damage and have their most kills by them. I don't like it and think it should be changed. That's it.

Archived