Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Deadlock Protocol: Hotfix 28.0.5

[DE]Megan

9 hours ago, Jenny_B_23 said:

If u would make an application to get a job as game developer and I'd be the recruiter (in fact I've studied something like that), there was no chance to get the job. You show the opposite of being someone with visions.

But there is hope. In social media marketing there would be another job of dealing with the community. As DE cannot accept every proposal tby the community, someone has to find the best words to tell them why DE cannot adopt these things to the game. And here we go... I like your statement in that order and you seem to be a great communicator in saying "no" to anything.

1. Raids are great, but impossible...

2. PVP is great, but impossible...

3. Kuva weapons are owned by a small minority and it's hard to get... are u f... serious? Kuva lich is noobish as hell for everybody above mr13 who is in cotact with other players and knows how to do. It only takes some patience to get it done. Kuva Bramma is way tooooo good and everybody in my random squads in sortie, arbitration, Scarlett event and even Hydron (Sedna) is using it. Feels like 80% of the players I meet are not playing something else as primary. This is ridiclious. Warframe has a real problem in its loot system as it's way too easy to get to the promised land. Besides, not Komorex but Lanka is top tier of snipers.

4. On ps4 u can get everything for platinum which means you can buy all the skins and stuff with platinum that you have received through trades.... ain't that more attractive? Be a player not a publisher that is profit maximizing....

5. Boy? Come on. Regardless, the damage dealt by like any melee weapon with + 15% cc and +15% st only using blood rush, crit mods, condition overload is crazy far from any primary apart from Kuva Bramma only due to its AoE. I get the evolution of the game, and a great modded Warframe like Saryn, Mag, Vauban, Mirage, Khora or Umbra Excalibur deals more damage than any melee can. Some guys are liking melee damage and have their most kills by them. I don't like it and think it should be changed. That's it.

I'm going to assume english is not your first language.  Let me help you.

1) Raids are not impossible.  I highlighted why DE stopped wanting to have them.  How you determined that I said they were impossible is a mystery.

2) PvP is also something I said wasn't impossible.  It would require a huge amount of effort and rebalance.  It's kind of like using Frostbite, a game engine that was designed for first person shooters, to make an RPG.  How did that work out?  Yeah, we got Mass Effect Andromeda.  A technical mess, on top of the other issues.

3) Numbers.  "Too many people have it" is a useless statement.  It's useless without any supporting arguments, which you've made none.  Your argument is "I think something so it must be true."  This is the same between "too many people" and "the Lanka is top tier."  You have no factual basis.  I've highlighted one subset of weapons, and you think my argument is somehow invalid because you think one is better.  Fine.  If you'd like the Vulkar Wraith is great for impact.  None of that means that the access to items is somehow a fundamental flaw in the game.  It also doesn't support the Fortnite/Destiny/PUBG mentality of locked content, especially when mastery rank depends upon said content.

4) I did not agree with the policy, so stop projecting.  I also did not defend it.  I cited that it was a business decision.  

5) This is what we call an expression.  "Ohh boy" as a phrase means something akin to "This is going to be a long explanation."  If you somehow thought that was a reference otherwise then you've missed the context and projected.  Your subsequent argument is that with the new meta melee is strong, because how the calculations are done has changed.  Somehow along the way you missed the point entirely.  There was a point that melee sucked, and the current calculations allow for melee to be great.  Arguing that melee needs a nerfing, or guns need a buff, is pretty much wailing into the void.  Complaining that melee can be built well, in a game sold as space ninjas in a looter-shooter environment, is pretty much incomprehensible.  What you've called for is a fundamental rework, with no goals other than "make guns better."   How?  If I was asking for this I'd highlight split chamber being 100% rather than 90%, guns having double the IPS weighting, or perhaps getting something like a stance mod that allows for additional capacity and base statistical boosts.  Instead you've given nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated topic.

We got Baro, and he dropped the expected Primed Rubedo Lined Barrel.  87% extra damage.  So, it was time to go through the weapons again.  What I learned was that the Larkspur absolutely decimates enemies, has good ammo economy, and is genuinely fun.  On the other hand, the Velocitus is miserable.  Why?

Charge mechanic is way too long.

The projectile moves surprisingly slow, and regular enemies actually need to be led in larger rooms to be hit.

The gun causes stagger on the ground.  

Infinite punch-through is a miserable lie.  2 enemies in a horde.  The shield lancers can actually tank shots with their shield.  Yay, I know what to make my railjack out of.

Ammo economy sucks.  60 shots once summoned.  With so many other issues, it also can't sustain half of a high level exterminate mission.

Let's compare the Velocitus to the Opticor.  Similar charge times.  One creates a magnetic bubble at the impact point, the other doesn't.  One can shoot through shield lancers with a punch-through mod, the other can't.  Once modded one does less numerical damage, but in practice both wipe enemies upon impact.  One has less magazine capacity, but 200+ rounds to work with and better sustain because it doesn't have automatic stagger and a slow reload.  One has a side-grade, while the other is the only sniper style weapon in a category nearly five years old.  I just don't see a reason to use the Velocitus if the Opticor can be used.  Maybe it should get some rework, if you want archwing to have anything more than Imperator versus Cyngas in space.  I discount the Grattler only because of projectile travel time, same as the Ayanga.  The other options are fun, but largely don't make sense with Railjack for one reason or another.

I haven´t built the Kitguns yet, as I somehow expected the common first week nerfs.

DE, could you at least tell us when you´re done testing and nerfing stuff, so we know when it´s a good time to spend our formas?

Just let us know. But then stick to it, please.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb master_of_destiny:

I'm going to assume english is not your first language.  Let me help you.

1) Raids are not impossible.  I highlighted why DE stopped wanting to have them.  How you determined that I said they were impossible is a mystery.

2) PvP is also something I said wasn't impossible.  It would require a huge amount of effort and rebalance.  It's kind of like using Frostbite, a game engine that was designed for first person shooters, to make an RPG.  How did that work out?  Yeah, we got Mass Effect Andromeda.  A technical mess, on top of the other issues.

3) Numbers.  "Too many people have it" is a useless statement.  It's useless without any supporting arguments, which you've made none.  Your argument is "I think something so it must be true."  This is the same between "too many people" and "the Lanka is top tier."  You have no factual basis.  I've highlighted one subset of weapons, and you think my argument is somehow invalid because you think one is better.  Fine.  If you'd like the Vulkar Wraith is great for impact.  None of that means that the access to items is somehow a fundamental flaw in the game.  It also doesn't support the Fortnite/Destiny/PUBG mentality of locked content, especially when mastery rank depends upon said content.

4) I did not agree with the policy, so stop projecting.  I also did not defend it.  I cited that it was a business decision.  

5) This is what we call an expression.  "Ohh boy" as a phrase means something akin to "This is going to be a long explanation."  If you somehow thought that was a reference otherwise then you've missed the context and projected.  Your subsequent argument is that with the new meta melee is strong, because how the calculations are done has changed.  Somehow along the way you missed the point entirely.  There was a point that melee sucked, and the current calculations allow for melee to be great.  Arguing that melee needs a nerfing, or guns need a buff, is pretty much wailing into the void.  Complaining that melee can be built well, in a game sold as space ninjas in a looter-shooter environment, is pretty much incomprehensible.  What you've called for is a fundamental rework, with no goals other than "make guns better."   How?  If I was asking for this I'd highlight split chamber being 100% rather than 90%, guns having double the IPS weighting, or perhaps getting something like a stance mod that allows for additional capacity and base statistical boosts.  Instead you've given nothing.

It is correct that English is not my mother language, but does that disqualify my observation of your lack of creativity or inability to have some visions?

You’ve said it’s kind of impossible to create raids, because they couldn’t do the maintenance when there were raids in the past.

Did u know people or companies can develop skills over time? Is Warframe the same game as it had been 3 years ago? Does DE have the same amount of employees today than 3 years ago? In my mother language we’re saying someone is not able to watch over the horizon of the edge of a plate. In English the equivalent is „beyond one‘s own nose“. Or in that movie 'back to the future': "Marty, imagine the 4th dimension". 😉

Regarding my suggestion of transforming the PVP into something meaningful and without separating it from PVE, you’re calling it impossible due to the unfair advantages for experienced players. Don’t you think it could be solved?

four ideas:

a) limit energy --> massive effect on like any Warframe apart from Hildryn

b) deactivate transfer to Operator --> no unfair use of it to heal, to get energy or to be invulnerable

c) separate low MR players from high MR players by matchmaking or specific PVP modes --> there will be some players already having received the necessary mods and polarized their frames, weapons, etc. and purposely not advanced MR to be dominant in pvp. So what? You cannot prevent everything and it will only motivate players to farm these mods and be strong on like 2 or 3 frames themselves

d) modify some frames --> just one example. Wisp first ability would be too strong and I think generally it should be temporary and dependent on frames ability duration. There will be some more adjustments necessary, but as u mention, Warframe is evolving

BUT

the only real problem for an advanced PVP mode is running a system without using servers in missions, but making 1 player the host. That wouldn’t work for PVP as some players tend to quit when they’re losing. Several host migrations would eliminate anykind of fun.

There should be the main challenge to invest money and rent servers for the pvp mode which had to be better than those already been used for Fortuna, Cetus or the relays. As you are thinking like a businessman, you know that it’s a risk to invest money as nobody knows if people will like it and if the investment would be turning into success. You never know. That’s the nature of investments. Output can be a highly increased number of players that missed a good pvp mode in Warframe or no change if the pvp mode is not created well. Depends on the quality.

Secret recommendation: the majority of players loves battle royale modes. Install a kind of battle royale in Warframe and player numbers will skyrocket.

I already had made my statement and your addition doesn’t really change your inability to differentiate between knowledge/facts or opinion what you’re ironically holding against me. To say top tier are Rubico P., Vectis P. and Komorex due to impact, slash and … everybody expects puncture… your 3rd category status…? To be honest, everybody I am playing with mainly is using snipers for Eidolons. In that regard calling Rubico P. the best due to its base damage + combo effect, no. 2 is not Vectis but Lanka regarding it’s high base damage and crit. No. 3 is debatable but probably Vectis P. I don’t know what you are doing with your Komorex with status. Where is YOUR proof it's a good weapon? You're probably something around 20 years old and one of that generation who thinks self confidence helps convincing anybody. No. It doesn't.

Additionally, your hiding behind the gating argument is so poor….stats aren’t relevant when they include all players that have created a Warframe account while never playing it. How many millions of players are playing Warframe? 😄 It’s a f-2-p game and many players are leaving after a few hours. Don’t be so arrogant and expect me to trust your numbers. Only the active players should be relevant regarding the use of weapons like Kuva Bramma, etc.. I love to watch everything concering NBA basketball. There are many debates about who is the better or best player, etc. Everybody is using different numbers to fortify his arguments. That's exactly what you have done. Well, I don't use numbers but only the eye test which is hard to document. You might be more believable, but who is telling the truth? Open your mind.

I keep my opinion melee weapons shouldn‘t be that much stronger than the majority of primaries or secondaries. I’ve started playing in Nov 2017 and thus I haven’t played a meta where it was different. I know some players that barely use primary or secondary weapons and instead only use frame abilites and melee weapons and tend to deal 80%+ damage in 4 players squads all the time.

In Destiny they were creative in a weird way adding ammo to melee weapons which is hard to understand. I would NOT suggest to do it the same way in Warframe.  Removing combo effects and combo mods (blood rush, weeping wounds) from melees would already improve balance instantly. Some players probably will call my proposal blasphemous or something, but it would really improve the balance.

I won’t add anything to this conversation and hope you’re gonna find a way to think more about opportunities than restrictions.

Oh, and in case I don't see you, good afternoon, good evening and good night.

As always, thanks for your effort to make Warframe a better game.

I just wanted to report some rather strange bugs.

Yesterday I ran a Railjack-Mission in Earth Proxima. I used Protea with the Perrin Sequence-Syandana and as soon as I used the pilot-seat, the color changed from orange back to its original light-blue. I exited, it was orange again.

15 minutes ago I ran the first mission of the sortie from yesterday and my Hildryn was not able to shieldboost the agent. I don't know if this is intended but the agent did not get any kind of overshield and his rechargerate did not change at all. Furthermore, in the same mission, I couldn't shoot outside our Frost's globe. I was standing right in it, but all my Acceltra-Bullets just went poof, like the globe blocks all projectiles from going outside.

11 hours ago, Jenny_B_23 said:

It is correct that English is not my mother language, but does that disqualify my observation of your lack of creativity or inability to have some visions?

You’ve said it’s kind of impossible to create raids, because they couldn’t do the maintenance when there were raids in the past.

Did u know people or companies can develop skills over time? Is Warframe the same game as it had been 3 years ago? Does DE have the same amount of employees today than 3 years ago? In my mother language we’re saying someone is not able to watch over the horizon of the edge of a plate. In English the equivalent is „beyond one‘s own nose“. Or in that movie 'back to the future': "Marty, imagine the 4th dimension". 😉

Regarding my suggestion of transforming the PVP into something meaningful and without separating it from PVE, you’re calling it impossible due to the unfair advantages for experienced players. Don’t you think it could be solved?

four ideas:

a) limit energy --> massive effect on like any Warframe apart from Hildryn

b) deactivate transfer to Operator --> no unfair use of it to heal, to get energy or to be invulnerable

c) separate low MR players from high MR players by matchmaking or specific PVP modes --> there will be some players already having received the necessary mods and polarized their frames, weapons, etc. and purposely not advanced MR to be dominant in pvp. So what? You cannot prevent everything and it will only motivate players to farm these mods and be strong on like 2 or 3 frames themselves

d) modify some frames --> just one example. Wisp first ability would be too strong and I think generally it should be temporary and dependent on frames ability duration. There will be some more adjustments necessary, but as u mention, Warframe is evolving

BUT

the only real problem for an advanced PVP mode is running a system without using servers in missions, but making 1 player the host. That wouldn’t work for PVP as some players tend to quit when they’re losing. Several host migrations would eliminate anykind of fun.

There should be the main challenge to invest money and rent servers for the pvp mode which had to be better than those already been used for Fortuna, Cetus or the relays. As you are thinking like a businessman, you know that it’s a risk to invest money as nobody knows if people will like it and if the investment would be turning into success. You never know. That’s the nature of investments. Output can be a highly increased number of players that missed a good pvp mode in Warframe or no change if the pvp mode is not created well. Depends on the quality.

Secret recommendation: the majority of players loves battle royale modes. Install a kind of battle royale in Warframe and player numbers will skyrocket.

I already had made my statement and your addition doesn’t really change your inability to differentiate between knowledge/facts or opinion what you’re ironically holding against me. To say top tier are Rubico P., Vectis P. and Komorex due to impact, slash and … everybody expects puncture… your 3rd category status…? To be honest, everybody I am playing with mainly is using snipers for Eidolons. In that regard calling Rubico P. the best due to its base damage + combo effect, no. 2 is not Vectis but Lanka regarding it’s high base damage and crit. No. 3 is debatable but probably Vectis P. I don’t know what you are doing with your Komorex with status. Where is YOUR proof it's a good weapon? You're probably something around 20 years old and one of that generation who thinks self confidence helps convincing anybody. No. It doesn't.

Additionally, your hiding behind the gating argument is so poor….stats aren’t relevant when they include all players that have created a Warframe account while never playing it. How many millions of players are playing Warframe? 😄 It’s a f-2-p game and many players are leaving after a few hours. Don’t be so arrogant and expect me to trust your numbers. Only the active players should be relevant regarding the use of weapons like Kuva Bramma, etc.. I love to watch everything concering NBA basketball. There are many debates about who is the better or best player, etc. Everybody is using different numbers to fortify his arguments. That's exactly what you have done. Well, I don't use numbers but only the eye test which is hard to document. You might be more believable, but who is telling the truth? Open your mind.

I keep my opinion melee weapons shouldn‘t be that much stronger than the majority of primaries or secondaries. I’ve started playing in Nov 2017 and thus I haven’t played a meta where it was different. I know some players that barely use primary or secondary weapons and instead only use frame abilites and melee weapons and tend to deal 80%+ damage in 4 players squads all the time.

In Destiny they were creative in a weird way adding ammo to melee weapons which is hard to understand. I would NOT suggest to do it the same way in Warframe.  Removing combo effects and combo mods (blood rush, weeping wounds) from melees would already improve balance instantly. Some players probably will call my proposal blasphemous or something, but it would really improve the balance.

I won’t add anything to this conversation and hope you’re gonna find a way to think more about opportunities than restrictions.

Oh, and in case I don't see you, good afternoon, good evening and good night.

1) Let me be clear here, you want raids.  Fine.  How about you do some leg work, and watch the developer streams DE put out.  They said that their game is miles of spaghetti code, that constantly kept breaking for raids.  They said that fixing it was too much work.  I said none of these things.  Now you want to argue what?  That DE decided to remove the raids but it was somehow my fault.  I am the one who is making these conclusions, despite literally only repeating what they said? 

I'm going to help you one more time here.  There are plenty of videos and articles, but maybe watch this one to see: 

You'll note that what is touched on is DE deciding to remove raids.  You'll also note that Dark Sectors are noted.  Yeah, the original PvP was clan versus clan competitions for control of the dark sector nodes.  I can't stress enough to you that claiming I have no creativity is pretty stupid.  I'm reporting on the state of things, so creativity in this case is not a factor.

2) You seem to want PvP to work.  Let me go over some more history.  When the mode was introduced DE limited the frames an weapons.  They did so to try and balance out what was available, so their dip into PvP worked.  They also disabled virtually all of the mods, so it was base warframes fighting it out with maybe a power or two.

Let me ask an obvious question, was the grind for Grendel fun?  You had to grind out vitus essence, buy the locators, and be dumped into a level 40 mission with all of your mods, consumables, and operator mode locked.  It stripped the power fantasy from this game.  Most found it frustrating, based upon the feedback from the forums and what I've seen in-game.  I cannot apply standards to measure it, but I can tell you I hated it.

Now apply the same thing to the Conclave.  You know everything is not balanced, because warframe powers are often designed to be fantastic rather than balanced.  DE tries to balance by nerfing powers, removing mods, and generally bolting on PvP balance changes which stray from the core of warframe's sales pitch.  This means to play PvP is basically going to require logging into a PvE game, grinding the PvE to get gear, to switch over to PvP.  A game mode where the player base is much smaller, the metas are already effectively set, and the rewards are generally only usable in PvP mode.  As such, it has been dead on arrival for its existence.  

You want a creative solution, fine.  It's time to be Destiny.  Two player parties fight to complete objectives, effectively making it PvEvP.  You reward both teams for objectives completed, and the team which does it first wins more standing.  You cross the conclave mods over into PvE.  DE is already taking this step, but for the last several years the wall between the modes meant there  was no reason to do Conclave.  Likewise, the death of Dark Sectors meant Clans are effectively dead as PvP.  

So you now need to do some critical thinking.  I am reporting that the balance is something DE did once, and said that it was resource intensive.  They said that Conclave took too much to maintain, and it has languished because there wasn't enough rewards to it.  How exactly is it that you want to blame me for a lack of creativity here, when again this is reporting what DE told us and what they did?  It's like blaming me for their spaghetti code causing bugs.

3) What in hades is this mess?  Your original point was that people had too much access to weaponry and content.  Instead of that you've devolved into bashing me because "I must be 20."  Way to lose an argument there.  Assume and project what you want onto the other person, then straw man them.

Let me be clear, what you think is the best sniper is irrelevant.  Ditto with what I think.  The point was that this is not Destiny.  There is not one "best" sniper in the category.  There are multiple snipers that people can think are the best.  I chose three.  You are arguing that you would choose different ones.  Fine.  Explain why your choice somehow invalidates the statement that warframe is not designed to lock and gate content.  Also explain why Mastery Rank, a value earned through using all weapons, wouldn't be an issue if the content gating you propose was put into place.

Let me be clear, Destiny is designed to release the latest patch, it'll power creep everything up a bit, and a new endgame will start.  Warframe is not capable of this.  They can't release the Velox, and have it be superior to the aksomati.  They have to find ways to make the two exist as competitors.  That's a fundamental difference between games where the meta creeps up, and those that have to release where the meta has new elements but stays level.  DE does this with stat spread, elementals, unique mechanics, and weapon balances.  The Rubico Prime is an eidolon hunter because of its damage spread, the Vectis Prime delivers slash, the Lanka is a charge electric damage and can go pure elemental, the Komorex is a status monster.  None of these is better than the other, only better for a given use case.  To miss that point, and suggest any one of these needs to be gated, is effectively detrimental to this game.

4) I want to give you the benefit of doubt here.  You want to be able to purchase things with platinum.  I agree, that the structure of platinum being purchasable and still needing real money is stupid.  I made this point 4+ years ago around when community creations started to be a thing.  This, as above, is reporting on facts.

5) Just....wow.  I want to write a huge story of how the game went from Boltor Prime, to Synoid Gammacor, to Soma Prime, to Atterax, to Catchmoon, and wound up with melee being the meta.  I'm going to skip through all of that, for the sake of brevity and because you already think you know me.  I'm doing so, because the point of asking about english as a second language was to gauge if there might be a translation barrier, not to make any decisions about who you were.

This said, Boltor Prime meta died with energy pizzas.  Synoid Gammacor ate a nerf.  Soma Prime saw spin-to-win.  The Atterax saw stupid pricing on Maiming Strike and a nerf to damage through walls.  The Catchmoon saw a huge nerf.  

My point with all of this is that the only weapon above that didn't eat a nerf was the Boltor Prime.  The meta around it was bullet hoses were needed to deal with high level enemies, who often stole energy and at the time there was no way to get it back.  This was fixed by a mechanical change, which allowed for energy generation through craftables.

Melee is not going to eat a nerf, after all that has been put into it.  Let's then consider what can be done?  Maybe it's time for you to use that boundless creativity you claim I don't have, and actually propose something.  Well, I'm waiting.  As yet you've given nothing.

Let me suggest something, so you can understand where I'm driving.  Melee has a stance mod, which boosts its capacity.  Let's offer something similar for weapons and types.  This would give you the chance to have more mod capacity, and make use of the pexilus slots without 9 polarities on a weapon.  Let's also remove serration from the game, and have each primary weapon permanently have base damage and multishot based off of that stance mod.  The stances could focus on raw damage, damage+multishot, or multishot to make them more unique to each weapon -edit-type.  You keep the other mods that offer damage or multishot, because they effectively make each category unique.  As an example, Heavy Calibur trades accuracy for damage, and hunter mods offer multishot at a lesser rate.  -edit-.  You thus free two "mandatory" slots for additional mods and capacity.  This makes primary and secondary weapons more flexible, and capable of being force multipliers like melee.

Alternatively, melee is highly element focused with the changes to status proc weighting.  Make primary weapons have a 2-3x weight to IPS damage types, so they more consistently focus on these status effects.  This makes them the go-to solution for IPS, whereas melee has a bit more difficulty in doing that without stance based forced status conditions.

Finally, change enemy AI.  Right now enemies are largely suicidal, and run towards you.  Make them heavier on suppressing fire, and less likely to clump together.  This serves the dual purpose of making explosives less utterly dominant, and making melee require more thought.  It isn't perfect, but actively makes melee less about wading into a crowd and more about selective focus on high importance targets.

Those were three suggestions in about ten minutes.  They aren't complete ideas, but they actively seek to change mechanics rather than suggest a buff to damage numbers.  Why?  Well, buffs don't last, and reworking all the numbers is something DE doesn't like to do.  It's easier to simply change some mechanics, rather than mess with statistics on hundreds of items.  Feel free to rip the above apart.  It's a discussion to be had, but the point was you haven't done that at all.  You haven't given us something to discuss, only the vague "guns should do melee levels of damage."  The closest thing you've offered is that melee can do well because of stacking buffs.  You know what else does that, snipers.  They have stacking crit for chained head shots.  Why isn't that a thing?  Well, snipers in a close quarter horde shooter are not ideal. 

My point is give us a solution that works in the boundaries of the game.  If all you want is number increase then you'll be sorely disappointed, as they almost never happen.  Why, well DE doesn't share data, but I'd guess they balance the game against outcome of player usage statistics.  I dare you to tell me the last time you saw a Stug in usage, and then justify why the Ignis Wraith is seen so often.  That's right, mechanically the Ignis is idiot proof and grinds through hordes.  As such nothing short of a complete statistical destruction would see its usage go down.  To counter, the damage is so low that it is useless against durable enemies at higher levels.  Mechanics matter more than numbers, and that's the only way to get primaries and secondaries to the levels of melee weapon damage.

On 2020-06-17 at 1:01 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed enemies that catch on fire from Ember’s Inferno receiving a new flaming comet called down and starting a new instance of the ability which can cause a chain reaction of rapid fire comets in enemy groups.

When is this coming out as an augment?

Set a max of number of waves to three and an ability cool down timer of 30 seconds or something...

2 hours ago, Titan0429 said:

I understand now. You have the drop rate for protea systems to be crappy, cause you want people to buy it. I played same mission over and over again for over 2 hours straight, and no systems. Crap

Grendel.  A frame hidden behind an arbitration grind wall, where the selling point was "you are guaranteed a given component."  That's after literal hours of grinding the arbitrations, and having all of your gear stripped for missions against level 40 enemies.  If that wasn't the tipping point for "buy me" it was the sub 1% chance drop for one of three Xiphos parts after finding all three hidden caches on Lua.  Yeah, sometimes DE really seems to not have respect for player investment, because mechanically they are telling us to buy it even if they want to claim otherwise.  It's almost like they didn't learn from the Sibear, Hema, or even the complete mess that was Railjack.

Joking aside, 11.11% drop rates.  That means the effective chance of getting the part is 1-(1-0.1111)^n where n is the number of runs.  In numbers:

11.11% after 1 run

44.50% after 5 runs

69.20% after 10 runs

99.10% after 40 runs

99.91% after 50 runs (what is advertised on the site as "guaranteed" but effectively means 9 in 10,000 people are still out of luck)

If you're part of the nine people in 1000 who have to run more than 40 missions to get the parts it's going to be pretty frustrating. This is why drop rates this low are frustrating, and people often complain about the grind.  If the other rewards were great it'd be different, but after one Stropha, Stahlta, and Velox the rest of the rewards are garbage.  Garbage in the sense that there are much better and quicker sources for them.

Well, it's still better than the ESO rewards.  1% drop rates from a 20 minute minimum grind took two daily runs and two months to drop.  That was pretty difficult to swallow as fun.

Can we please get the Treasurer Spawn rules changed so that once I finish the mission objective if they haven't spawned yet they will.  You can pull off some missions faster than 2 min and it sucks that you have to pick to hang around to get your coin drop, or you leave.  It isn't fun to feel punished for being fast. 

18 hours ago, Carmelitha said:

Any plan on Fixing the Kubrow Sahasa no longer foraging any goods during missions ? 

You might be having a bug, mine still works, double check the dig mod is there and in the first slot, see if that helps, if not refer to bug.

On 2020-06-17 at 9:01 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed numerous Operator customizations appearing to have grimy textures. 

When do we get a fix toward operator customizations being with white metal instead of allowing that metal to be colored by lining color or adding another swatch? Pretty weird choice to have some metals colored by the player and others just *poof* white.

DE, when you remaster a tileset can you actually do some testing?  I'm asking this, because it seems like you've put the corpus ships together, and never checked where the syndicate medallions can spawn.  

Since the rework I've had four instances with this tileset where the medallion spawns on flat geometry, that is out of the player's ability to access.  How do I prove as such?  Well, you've got the animal instinct mod.  It says something is there, but you cannot access it.  You line up against the wall, rotate the view, clip through the wall, and see where it is.  It's on a flat piece of geometry outside the level, which isn't a new room.  Why do I say this?  Well, the texture is an extension of the existing floor and is ends not as a complete floor but a plane.  Yep, another instance of level design allowing for borked play.

Let me cover other instances of this, to make sure I'm on the level with you.

1) Orokin Void - Sabatoge missions on the earth tileset had a medallion spawn next to a waterfall (right outside the torsion key teleport room) that was inaccessible.

2) Earth - There was a period where a medallion spawned behind the cliff face, on the tile where walkways connected two ramps and two platforms.

https://ibb.co/5nJx8nF - an old picture of the earth issue

3) Orokin Void - Challenge room, the one where the first room is two turrets and a bunch of lockers, where the path can go three ways to return you.  Often a path that did not open held a medallion.

4) etc...

5) Here's a new one from an edit.  Jupiter, gas city.  Another medallion inside a wall, that has done this since the tile was introduced.  Note two pictures, one far enough away to see the thing on the map, and the other pressed against the wall so you can see that the medallion can be collected.

https://ibb.co/MkSRFj0

https://ibb.co/94dN1rC

Please, stop pushing content and then not testing it with your other mechanics.  It took years to fix two of the above, and occasionally the third still happens (although less often).  If the new tileset is the same then we're moving backwards.

https://ibb.co/xqxsG3j - the new tileset, and a medallion through the wall that is not player accessible.

Il y a 15 heures, Slayer-. a dit :

You might be having a bug, mine still works, double check the dig mod is there and in the first slot, see if that helps, if not refer to bug.

Yep seems to be solved by itself, equipped another kubrow did a mission then picked again the sahasa and he was foraging normally again <shrug>

On 2020-06-18 at 3:52 PM, sir_deadlock said:

Hehe. You don't even know, friend. They're always watching. They have scores of help to keep watch over things and make reports. They don't act on what they know most of the time. They're aware of what we talk about and they largely know what we're asking about. They jab and joke about common user requests on devstreams a lot.

So yeah, they're close to us. They know what we're talking about and asking for. I can only conclude that things aren't so simple and straight forward as "this needs to change, so let's change it."

And some of the team may also use secondary accounts on the forum or ingame to not get bombarded with nonsense or to speak their mind without representing the company.

15 hours ago, Leqesai said:

And some of the team may also use secondary accounts on the forum or ingame to not get bombarded with nonsense or to speak their mind without representing the company.

I wonder about that sometimes, yeah. When liches first came out, I was super upset that there was no way to abort a lich assignment (still kind of unhappy about that) and it lit a match under me to go complain in Design Council chat for the following 11 days until I finally managed to kill my first lich with help, which I'd mostly avoided chat entirely for the prior 6 years, preferring to occasionally vote in polls, drop in on the concepts board and shoots ideas back and forth on the Reddit posts.

When I'm in design council chat, getting in some of the most awesome heated debates over speculations about Warframe that I've ever had before (and probably am not at liberty to discuss candidly), I sometimes wonder who I'm really talking to. Either way, I enjoy the community and appreciate the familiarity DC chat offers. And in case you're wondering: no, design council doesn't usually have a hand in any designs. Occasionally when get polled for our input, asked if we can think up any ideas for design direction springboards, but mostly we get ignored and have no medium to offer feedback until they come to us first.

If somebody legitimately is telling me there are spoofed user accounts that host dev players trying to casually interact with the community ala prince & the pauper, I'd easily believe it. I'd probably be disappointed to hear the idea and then maybe learn it wasn't true. Like, why not? Get on that, devs!

On 2020-06-21 at 3:14 AM, Titan0429 said:

I understand now. You have the drop rate for protea systems to be crappy, cause you want people to buy it. I played same mission over and over again for over 2 hours straight, and no systems. Crap

from your other forum post, you seem to have been farming T3 void not Nightmare Granum Void? Drop chance for protea is 11.11%, way better and easier than acceltra's 1.25%.. rng just sucks more sometimes, can't control that

Archived