Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Let Us Save all the Prisoners!

hippokrene

I love the new Corpus tileset but am never happy when I evacuate the mission. I use my coin to save one prisoner but there are often three or four of them on a ship begging for help. It feels terrible to leave them to be tortured or killed.

This is awful. I'm a cyborg space-ninja who can warp the very fabric of reality and take down entire ships of soldiers, but I can't break hand and leg cuffs because they're coin operated?

• Like 17

What feels worse is if in a reactor sabotage mission we go for restarting the reactor without coolant: we leave and the ship goes supernova!

We are literally murdering those NPCs.

I'd prefer if rescuing them has a monetary cost - liker Tiker's bonds, to receive exp or normal Solaris rep, while sacrificing granum crowns earns Vox Solaris rep.

As things are this leaves a really bad taste, considering those NPCs are restrained in the same cutting harness that we see tearing an excalibur to pieces in Alad V original cinematic introduction.

• Like 4

Would be nice if we get the credit for one rescue, but without leaving people behind. Like the introduction mission where the Grineer frigate is about to destroy an unarmed ship and you can choose to disable the ship you're raiding to save those people at more risk with no outright reward other than helping innocents. Let us rescue one for standing, and rescue the others just for the sake of helping. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

What feels worse is if in a reactor sabotage mission we go for restarting the reactor without coolant: we leave and the ship goes supernova!

We are literally murdering those NPCs.

We MIGHT murdering those NPCs

There's no fire hazard, and Rebecca confirmed that Lotus saying the word "meltdown" was an unintentional case of asset reuse, so it's left ambiguous just how badly we're screwing them over

Personally I think that rescuing them should GIVE a coin (low or mid tier, not highest), I haven't found many in my travels, although I'm not actively searching for them either.

But I think the rewards for freeing them are too little for what you're potentially giving up with that coin cost. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

There's no fire hazard, and Rebecca confirmed that Lotus saying the word "meltdown" was an unintentional case of asset reuse, so it's left ambiguous just how badly we're screwing them over

I'm fairly sure there's also numerous explosions, and a 'countdown to death' timer if you don't get the hell out of there, so...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Would be nice if we get the credit for one rescue, but without leaving people behind. Like the introduction mission where the Grineer frigate is about to destroy an unarmed ship and you can choose to disable the ship you're raiding to save those people at more risk with no outright reward other than helping innocents. Let us rescue one for standing, and rescue the others just for the sake of helping. 

WHats sadder is that most players wont want to rescue the others if no reward is given. Hell I wouldnt want to waste my token on these prisoners as I dont need solaris standing. I mean its a game but still it feels weird

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

Those happen even in Coolant Sabotage if I remember correctly

There are some if you turn off all the lights too. Still, no 'countdown to death', in either of those.

1 minute ago, Lazarow said:

WHats sadder is that most players wont want to rescue the others if no reward is given. Hell I wouldnt want to waste my token on these prisoners as I dont need solaris standing. I mean its a game but still it feels weird

Plus, of course, there's also the fact that it's more economical - both in terms of SU standing rewards granted and role-play virtual lives - to use your tokens on the Granum Void, because then you save three Solaris per crown on top of all the other benefits, especially since, lore-wise, most of those Solaris are probably bound for the Granum Void rather than Repo (because why bother tying the up if they're already going to be going into brain jail, unless you needed them intact for something?). DE's 'Greed vs Charity' mechanic doesn't really work when Greed has more net positives. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

Even if it's for something else I wouldn't mind helping them just to hurt the Corpus a bit.  

19 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Personally I think that rescuing them should GIVE a coin (low or mid tier, not highest), I haven't found many in my travels, although I'm not actively searching for them either.

But I think the rewards for freeing them are too little for what you're potentially giving up with that coin cost. 

I'm not sure about giving you a coin, but yeah, the opportunity cost right now is a bit high to be worth the reward of <1000 rep.  Granted, considering how limited the Granum reward pool is right now, by the time a player gets all the parts for Protea, Velox, Stropha, and Stahlta, they more or less won't have a reason to run the Granum Void anymore, so the opportunity cost evaporates, but still, it's a pittance that doesn't feel worth the value of the coins. 

• Like 2

I think the prisoners were just a half-baked idea for throwing together in an "endless" sink for the granum coins after getting the weapon parts, that DE didn't really put much thought into the implications of. So we just have more spawn per mission than you even have the ability to save, AND what you get for saving them is a pathetic amount of daily-capped standing for a year-and-a-half old rep faction with extremely little new to ever spend it on. (personally I'm actually glad that most things in Fortuna take very little rep to build, but it sure makes rep a laughable reward from most things).

and also it's not going to be worth actually waiting around or dealing with treasurers for them

Edited by OvisCaedo

Granum Crowns as I see it are too valuable to waste on the poor souls. Sorry guys, but I need to go to the Pranum Void, and I only am allowed one coin per mission. One coin per mission, from an enemy who is just plain annoying to kill due to insanely high damage resistance. A bullet sponge that just runs away as fast as it can. Forgive me if I value those coins immensely more than your digital life and your minute amount of standing earned.

Those cowardly little mucks need to get changed though. Literally every gun I have is useless and the only way I've been able to kill one is with Mesa.

• Like 2

I wish I could free them by hacking a console, then they have to follow you to the exit like a rescue target. This wont waste any Granums, but the drawback is they dont immediately teleport away.

Also unlocking them with a Granum should give a small universal medallion, something players will actually use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cegrin said:

I'm not sure about giving you a coin, but yeah, the opportunity cost right now is a bit high to be worth the reward of <1000 rep.  Granted, considering how limited the Granum reward pool is right now, by the time a player gets all the parts for Protea, Velox, Stropha, and Stahlta, they more or less won't have a reason to run the Granum Void anymore, so the opportunity cost evaporates, but still, it's a pittance that doesn't feel worth the value of the coins. 

I'd say 3-900 rep is a fair trade for killing a single enemy. Especially since it provides a reliable method of ranking up SU without needing to visit the Vallis (which has been a bit of a miserable experience for me ever since the Warframe Revised update turned every other common enemy there into a Sentinel killer).

45 minutes ago, schilds said:

Just never play those those missions without a full squad of loot frames. That way you'll probably end up with enough crowns to save them all.

I'm pretty sure the Treasurer is immune to loot abilities.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Well, if the timer reaches 0 is mission failed with a whiteout... if it isn't a placeholder for being vaporized i don't know what DE meant there T_T

Turning the reactor on with no coolant and then shooting the fuel injectors sounds like a great way to blow up the ship. The whiteout and mission failed you get if you fail to leave in 5 minutes also suggests you've done catastrophic damage.

Coolant leaks are likely also lethal to anyone stuck too close to them. Given coolant links do damage to the warframe while simply walking around orb vallis doesn't, we can assume that augmented Solaris bodies would also take damage. I doubt Corpus would be in any hurry to release their prisoners or give them proper medical attention.

Whatever the case, even if my Tenno isn't killing them, I'd like the option to free all of the prisoners.

• Like 2