Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nop Catchmoon Still sucks

xxvaderxxar

Kitguns..... ehh. There is simply better weapons.

Ignis wrath, kuva hind, tiberon prime, arca plasmor, boar prime, garas shotgun, lenz, bramma, rubico prime, etc.

All solid primaries.

Kuva nukor, kuva twin stubba, askiletto prime, prisma twin gremlins, pyrana prime, sicarus prime, and a few others are great secondaries.

Plenty of melee options.

5 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

yeah...nothing change to catchmoon. The projectile looks very small and sometimes i miss some target and ask myself..."i need glass?"

Just use ignis wrath. Hold the trigger and spray as everything melts in that direction.

Aiming is for boss fights with a sniper.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, xxvaderxxar said:

The problem with catchmoon is not its fire rate or its drop off, its the fact that does nearly 25% of the damage of its secondary counterpart. 

On the bright side it won't cause a significant reduction on its riven disposition which in turn which would adversely affect its secondary counterpart 🙂

30 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

just use ignis? lol man...get out of here.

Even against high level mobs ignis melts them.

Its a really op gun. Generally you are not even fighting level 200 plus enemies.

Only thing ignis doesn't eat are bosses with specific weak points.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Even against high level mobs ignis melts them.

Its a really op gun. Generally you are not even fighting level 200 plus enemies.

Only thing ignis doesn't eat are bosses with specific weak points.

Not everyone wants to use boring weapons that doesn't really help

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Not everyone wants to use boring weapons that doesn't really help

Its boring but it melts the ai. So when im not in the mood to aim its an easy go to weapon. And it being a mr 9 its early enough that new players can use it to just wreck stuff.

Im curious can the new primary kitguns use skins or are they stuck being ugly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RFaul said:

On the bright side it won't cause a significant reduction on its riven disposition which in turn which would adversely affect its secondary counterpart 🙂

Pretty sure those rivens have long since hit rock bottom dispo. 

8小时前 , (PS4)Kakurine2 说:

Just use ignis wrath. Hold the trigger and spray as everything melts in that direction.

bro this is a PvE game where you have fun from playing with different kinds of weapons but not only one. A weapon being absolute trash is not a content at all. So stop with that "just use ignis" stuff

• Like 1

I mean, in the case, the ignis being brought up might actually be pretty fitting; primary catchmoon is an automatic weapon that's supposed to deal AOE damage in front of you with enemy piercing. In terms of practical usage case, it probably DOES fall into the same gameplay category as ignis. Just... uh... from the sounds of it, kind of bad, and I've also seen complaints of nauseatingly high levels of recoil/screen shake.

Obviously this doesn't mean primary catchmoon should stay terrible, but... I dunno! It's really hard to guess what DE is ever thinking with the numbers on anything they release, or if they'll ever be willing to make substantial changes. It might indeed be more realistic to just settle for the ignis.

i mean, their response to people asking for the faster grips to have faster charge speeds on the tombfinger primary was to heavily nerf the slow grips while somehow buffing the previously laughable fastest one to have higher DPS than the slowest did BEFORE being nerfed. Who can say what kind of silly ill-calculated monkey paw catchmoon changes will come with?

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 1

The other problem is that primary catchmoon magazine sizes are pathetic. The fastest reload gives you 5 shots per magazine, and the highest magazine (with a pretty slow reload) gives you 13. This is an auto-shotgun. What's the point in that? I was about to build one just to try it out, but the complete lack of magazine kills it for me.

An astilla fires at 4.3 Hz, has damage falloff from 30-60 m, 17% crit and 33% status, does 190 damage with a guaranteed slash proc and has a 16 round magazine with a 2 second reload.

The closest equivalent would be catchmoon, shrewd and either ramflare (for 13% crit, 35% status, 11 magazine, 1.7 s reload - if you want to get closer to the damage stats) or thunderdrum (17% crit, 28% status, 13 magazine, 2.1 s reload - if you want more magazine), which fires at 4.6 Hz for 122 damage and a falloff of 20-40 m.

That said, I'm actually kinda happy that kitguns are being made worse than normal weapons. It's some crappy street piece made of old bulldozer parts held together with duct tape and spot welds. They really have no place being on the same level as master-crafted golden works from a long-lost techno-sorcery empire built to fight an implacable interstellar machine menace. The same goes for zaws - more so because their construction methods are even more primitive.

8 hours ago, RFaul said:

I don't think it's physically possible for catchmoon rivens to get any worse than they are now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

And it should stay that way. Otherwise everyone would use only the ctachmoon again and it would get nerfed again and ppl would complain again.

Have I ever told you the definition of insanety?

Confucius says "Don't try to define a word until you first learn how to spell it".