Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New player/vet ruins each other

(PSN)A-0Titan

Warframe the cooperative multiplayer game that is easily accessible to new players. That’s good, nice lovely, i had fun being a new player in this game it was a rush.
The fun stopped when i became a veteran. New players can go pretty much anywhere veterans can go. I got kicks from time to time showing off at new players when they join the game but that died fast warframe leaderboards are hard to access makes me feel competition in the game is a bit diluted

All games are repetitive, but warframe makes it obvious that the repetition exists. With the few mission modes that exist, different set ups for them might have lighten that mode, for example mobile defense, merging it with a rescue mission, you would defend three cryopods with hostages one by one and protect each one until all gets released and you make it to extraction. More brain work, keeps the mind from stalling. 
most of warframes recent events were made to be veteran worthy while new player accessible. I think that’s the problem. Warframe should pick one and work with that, picking the two then hoping it works leads to it being hard for new players, and grindy for veterans or easy for new players, and lame for veterans, this is how i view the updates since railjack’s first release. kuva liches were good, that system held me longer than most. 

hope this helps
warframe is awesome

• Like 2

I still defend that the game should have a better learning curve, and show new content to new players as they learn, improve and progress. I understand that DE wants to attract new players with every new shiny idea, but sometimes these new updates (such as RJ or Liches) are geared towards veterans that already have a deeper knowledge about the game.

Which leads to disappointed newbies that either get things too fast and get bored, or don't understand enough of the game to survive these veteran-geared systems, and give up. As well as veterans themselves who many times end up playing with newbies who just spend mission resources mindlessly to get them big booms, die constantly and might not understand most of the stuff we try to teach them because it's far too advanced and confusing to explain over the course of a mission while playing. Now multiply this feeling by every time a newb joins a endgame match.

Newbies have a whole world to discover and to be in absolute awe. They'll get bored just the same when they reach "veteran" status. If the game isn't intuitive and has a clear progression path all it leads is to disappointment and potential consumer loss. Specially because the game becomes bigger and more convoluted with each new content addition.

I seriously hope when we get MR30 that DE leaves it at that, and works on the progression system from top to bottom. I hope they make it so that the game becomes easier to learn, and in a way that there's always a reason to push forward because there's rewards and new stuff all the way up to the top. Instead of simply hitting MR16 and complaining that the game is to boring because they already "tried" everything.

No massive checklists where players want to try every shiny thing at the same time just to get overwhelmed, just the essence of adventure.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 2