Jump to content

protea turrets


Recommended Posts

I think this skill could be better and that it could shoot 360 degrees and have improved damage ... it is a skill that is too fast and irrelevant in practice. I think this skill could be the most fun on this waframe but I'm sure it needs adjustments.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 While I agree the ability needs a damage or duration buff, I completely disagree with giving it 360 aiming, unless you want mesa 2.0. The locked firing range works perfectly fine, that's why you have more than one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Richeatue said:

 While I agree the ability needs a damage or duration buff, I completely disagree with giving it 360 aiming, unless you want mesa 2.0. The locked firing range works perfectly fine, that's why you have more than one.

probally DE will make some augment for 360 degrees....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In fact, turrets are beautiful if you use some kind of imagination. I recently discovered that combos increase for each enemy hit, so if you try to group enemies, you can get x60 turret damage for a couple of seconds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zhellon said:

In fact, turrets are beautiful if you use some kind of imagination. I recently discovered that combos increase for each enemy hit, so if you try to group enemies, you can get x60 turret damage for a couple of seconds.

Pretty sure that's a gross exaggeration since the shots barely have any AoE so they struggle to hit more than one thing per shot, and they don't even last 'a couple of seconds' to begin with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

Pretty sure that's a gross exaggeration since the shots barely have any AoE so they struggle to hit more than one thing per shot, and they don't even last 'a couple of seconds' to begin with.

Turrets have piercing. For example, you can use a zenuric pull, then a stagger grenade, in order to keep enemies tied, and then turret. One turret will be enough for the enemies of simulacrum. But yes, it is difficult to realize on a mission.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, zhellon said:

For example, you can use a zenuric pull, then a stagger grenade, in order to keep enemies tied, and then turret. One turret will be enough for the enemies of simulacrum.

or you know, you could just..

 

angry betty boop GIF 

pew pew finger guns GIF

fire arrow GIF nuclear explosion GIF

 

for a much easier effect ^^

 

 

I think the angle limitation is good.. IF it is the only limitation, which currently is not the case, lets wait for the confirmed first changes coming the next days and go from there

 

 

 

Edited by SmokinDice
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a turret. It looks like one. But it isn't. The duration is low. And DE so far doesn't seem to want to drastically increase the duration. This means that it is designed to be placed down repeatedly. They expect you to spam 2 a lot. Not press 2 once and wait for 30 seconds etc. It's not a turret.

Flechette Orb is a turret. Celestial Twin is a mobile turret. Even Shrapnel Vortex is more of a turret. 

Blaze Artillery is like Oberon's Smite or Ember's Fireball and other "press 1 for damage" type of abilities, but with an extra step in between casting and damage appearing, and that's for a deployment animation and requiring objects to be within the firing arc and LOS.

However, it does not help that it looks like a turret. Definitely sends mixed messages. Expectations vs Reality etc. 

Edited by Xepthrichros
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Xepthrichros said:

It's not a turret. It looks like one. But it isn't. The duration is low. And DE so far doesn't seem to want to drastically increase the duration. This means that it is designed to be placed down repeatedly. They expect you to spam 2 a lot. Not press 2 once and wait for 30 seconds etc. It's not a turret.

Flechette Orb is a turret. Celestial Twin is a mobile turret. Even Shrapnel Vortex is more of a turret. 

Blaze Artillery is like Oberon's Smite or Ember's Fireball and other "press 1 for damage" type of abilities, but with an extra step in between casting and damage appearing, and that's for a deployment animation and requiring objects to be within the firing arc and LOS.

However, it does not help that it looks like a turret. Definitely sends mixed messages. Expectations vs Reality etc. 

 If I remember, they even called it a turret in her ability reveal trailer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Richeatue said:

 If I remember, they even called it a turret in her ability reveal trailer.

They can use whatever words they want. They can make it look whatever they want. But they are just making things difficult for themselves by giving it the wrong descriptions and appearances. It is not functioning like a turret. They set themselves up with giving players expectations, and disappoint people when the gameplay doesn't match what is said. People hear "turret", they think deployable cannon that sticks around a decent duration and deals damage, similar to Engineer in TF2. This artillery does not. Hence complaints all day. If it were up to me, I'd never have called it a turret to begin with and designed it aesthetically in a way that doesn't give any such connotation. 

Edited by Xepthrichros
Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 10 heures, Richeatue a dit :

If I remember, they even called it a turret in her ability reveal trailer.

Have you forgotten Pablo going REEEEEEEEEE when addressing it as a turret?

Ok, I'll admit the "REE" was an exaggeration, but still, he isn't kin on the whole "set and forget" type of thing, which is seemingly why it has such a low duration, its meant to spam cast it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...