The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Tasks and why some can't be done

Pendragon1951

In a few phases of Nightwave I noticed there were some tasks that could not be done for different reasons, for instance there was the one to kill a Kuva Thrall, which is fine if you have a Lich, but what if you don't have a Lich and don't want another one, thus you can't complete the task. Take also the current one, Kill or Capture a Hydrolyst. The problem with that is you have to go through two other Eidolons to get to the Hydro, but that isn't the main problem, the problem is getting a team to stay for all three and there in lies the problem, either a team gets frustrated and leaves you holding the bag alone against the second one or you just can't find a team. Unfortunately I'm not a player that can do Eidolon hunts alone. I'm just saying I wish they would think these tasks through and all that is involved in completing them.

• Like 3

If you don't have a Lich, start a lich hunt, tridolon is also possible, even in public squads, there are even people who offer to carry it for noobs.

Still, you don't have to do all NW tasks to get r30.

Edited by ZarTham
  • Like 7

You can usually find a group if you pick up the Tridolon bounty in Cetus and are set to Public. I'd also recommend the Group Finder chat on your Orbiter, there are usually groups doing these when they're up for Nightwave.

The Kuva Thrall one was a little annoying, since if I didn't already have a Lich at the time, I probably would have ignored it. Considering the frustrations if you don't have a full Requiem mod set, that one is a little too challenging. I'd hate to be a new player and accidentally spawn a Lich without being prepared for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

In a few phases of Nightwave I noticed there were some tasks that could not be done for different reasons, for instance there was the one to kill a Kuva Thrall, which is fine if you have a Lich, but what if you don't have a Lich and don't want another one, thus you can't complete the task. Take also the current one, Kill or Capture a Hydrolyst. The problem with that is you have to go through two other Eidolons to get to the Hydro, but that isn't the main problem, the problem is getting a team to stay for all three and there in lies the problem, either a team gets frustrated and leaves you holding the bag alone against the second one or you just can't find a team. Unfortunately I'm not a player that can do Eidolon hunts alone. I'm just saying I wish they would think these tasks through and all that is involved in completing them.

The lich one, ask a friend with an active lich, or ask in recruiting.

The Hydrolyst one, look for a group in recruiting chat, a 1x3 run, you'll find someone doing it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

I'm just saying I wish they would think these tasks through and all that is involved in completing them.

They have. That's why you only need to complete about half of all the objectives to reach rank 30. Maybe even less depending on how long this series lasts as it's only part 2 of 5 and the majority are hitting rank 30 next week.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 5

You can just join someone else's lich mission and kill a thrall there. 

As for the trilo one, you can just use the trilo pub bounty from cetus. That's what I've done everytime and I've no issue. 

Besides, you don't need to do every challenge to hit 30. We're only 2/5s of the way through and some people are already 30.

2 минуты назад, Firetempest сказал:

They have. That's why you only need to complete about half of all the objectives to reach rank 30.

that's not the case i believe. when DE showed us the list of tasks for upcoming nightwave, players pointed out that certain tasks (kill kuva lich, kill kuva thrall) are not the best picks for weekly tasks. DE just ingnored players concerns.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Kel_Silonius:

that's not the case i believe. when DE showed us the list of tasks for upcoming nightwave, players pointed out that certain tasks (kill kuva lich, kill kuva thrall) are not the best picks for weekly tasks. DE just ingnored players concerns.

DE tries to include as many different content islands into NW as possible. Naturally that would include lich tasks aswell.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

what if you don't have a Lich and don't want another one, thus you can't complete the task.

Find a murmur squad, or play solo and use extinguished dragon key with unmodded weapon to trigger the parazon

17 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

the problem is getting a team to stay for all three and there in lies the problem, either a team gets frustrated and leaves you holding the bag alone against the second one or you just can't find a team.

Look for casual tridolon squad in recruiting chat, they're usually chill enough to play casually to hydrolyst

6 минут назад, Drachnyn сказал:

DE tries to include as many different content islands into NW as possible. Naturally that would include lich tasks aswell.

mhm. But in the case of kuva lich kill i would have to do certain taks. Spawn a lich with a specific weapons, which takes ~ 2 hours. Kill that lich that's ~ 2 hrs and half in the worse case scenario. That's a rather boring process.

Indeed, as I have skipped several dailies and at least one 7k weekly, I'm still at level 30 and am "looking forward" to the long grind for Nightwave Credits.  

Seriously, this isn't Bungie's Destiny and another bad case of FOMO.  As I've learned in the last "episode" (Intermission), you can selectively pick them and still get yourself to the end of the grind for it.    You'll get all that you need.  Don't worry about it, grind what you want and you'll still be satisfied with the end result anyway.

BTW, DE.  Nora Night's Lander looks like a fat pigeon.  I'm glad to have gotten it, but between the Xiphos and the Scimitar, it is one very hideous lander...  

I mean if you gonna complain about challenges that cant be done, you couldve said Profit Taker since its locked behind a faction grind that cant be done in a week, but the ones you mentioned you can just get taxied and carried.

• Like 3

vor 3 Minuten schrieb MBaldelli:

BTW, DE.  Nora Night's Lander looks like a fat pigeon.  I'm glad to have gotten it, but between the Xiphos and the Scimitar, it is one very hideous lander... 

Nora's lander is dead on arrival anyway because the landing craft skin bug got fixed. If I cant put on a broken skin what's the point?

• Like 2

I ignored the Lich Thrall one and dusted off my solo Eidolon hunting Trinity. If you camp out at Recruitment chat, I'm sure someone can help you.

Or, you know, ignore them. The system actually has a lot of give, and you can reach Rank 30 while ignoring quite a decent chunk of the acts.

33 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

Recruiting chat is a thing, you can just tag along someone else's lich mission tonkill a Thrall and killing a Hydrolyst us easy even with pub groups and there's alot of people who are looking to do 1 tricap for the challenge.

Once again recruit chat exist

17 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

mhm. But in the case of kuva lich kill i would have to do certain taks. Spawn a lich with a specific weapons, which takes ~ 2 hours. Kill that lich that's ~ 2 hrs and half in the worse case scenario. That's a rather boring process.

The lich needs a specific weapon to count for nightwave?

1 минуту назад, (PS4)Shelneroth сказал:

The lich needs a specific weapon to count for nightwave?

no, but if i'm about to suffer through the process of killing a lich, i want it with a weapon which i can use for valence fusion.

Jee, those 4 rubedos my lich is stealing once in a while is really slowing me down.

Also, how do you not find a team on PC ? I've done every single tridolon tasks since Wolf of saturn by joining a random group, never had an issue...

None of those are problems, none of those are "can't be done", you don't have to do all things to get to max rank in nw.
The only challenge that is impossible to be done in a weak even if you want to is the profit spoder kill if you haven't touch fortuna at all. 
But even it - if you level your syndicate during all the nightwave you will eventually go to rank 5, and because there is a catch up system you will be able to do it.

• Like 1