Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nintendo Switch to PC?

(NSW)LeoKliesen

Question

6 answers to this question

10 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Can I just mention, I'm surprised Nintendo let you get away with that username

Nintendo has no control over the usernames within Warframe; this is something DE would be in control of. I'm not aware of how Microsoft or Sony handles it, but that's how it is on the Switch version.

1 minute ago, (NSW)MasterJ93 said:

Nintendo has no control over the usernames within Warframe; this is something DE would be in control of. I'm not aware of how Microsoft or Sony handles it, but that's how it is on the Switch version.

Any other publisher, yes. But this is Nintendo. This is the company that said "we are going to review and police each and every Miiverse post" with a completely straight face, entirely ignorant of the fact that was impossible, and somehow actually did it anyway

6 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Any other publisher, yes. But this is Nintendo. This is the company that said "we are going to review and police each and every Miiverse post" with a completely straight face, entirely ignorant of the fact that was impossible, and somehow actually did it anyway

But that's on their own games and services. I mean, the fact that Nintendo hasn't even complained about the username should tell you that they don't touch in-game usernames within games that they don't control.

I understand where you're coming from, though: they're typically more trigger-happy than other companies, but I've only seen cases of them doing that sort of thing if they owned or controlled the software or services and not by third parties of which they have no control over. Switch usernames/nicknames are nowhere linked to the games themselves unless the developer explicitly makes it happen (and most don't do so).

Edited by (NSW)MasterJ93