Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Partner and Fansite Programs: A New Chapter

[DE]Taylor

7 minutes ago, DraekoSilver said:

Show us the code of conduct? I know its not ready yet, but am sure they have the rules locked in by now. Are previously banned partners able to re-applier? Is it going to be a "one strike and you are out" system again or are there going to be warnings? How will personal political opinions of the staff affect the people who get in? Will constant rule breakers in the current system have to prove they wont be arseholes anymore to be let in? Is it only content that DE approves or will they add people who's bread and butter is videos pointing out DE's flaws?

So tough guy, you think this is unreasonable?

lol you'll all just complain about that too. Like for real, these forums are even worse than Twitter sometimes with the rage. *goes back to eating popcorn*

1 minute ago, Cidolfus said:

lol you'll all just complain about that too. Like for real, these forums are even worse than Twitter sometimes with the rage. *goes back to eating popcorn*

or maybe you guys just arne't aware that DE has been repeatedly lying about getting better, only to backstab players in the back agian and again? "we swear we will get better. yes we did mistakes but won't precise what it is". it's common, for them.

15 minutes ago, mikakor said:

or maybe you guys just arne't aware that DE has been repeatedly lying about getting better, only to backstab players in the back agian and again? "we swear we will get better. yes we did mistakes but won't precise what it is". it's common, for them.

Nah I don't care either way. I don't choose sides cuz none of this matters in the grand scheme of things. I just play the video game and watch the drama. Been doing it for years. Keep on with your angry flailing though cuz it's gold. 

@[DE]Taylor I like to write stories for fun, to hone my writing skills, and to be more creative (have a different day job), and I also write about my fan suggestions (which you can see in my forum activity). Is this kind of "content creation" something that is considered in the new Creator Program? 

The Start of a New Community Content Creator Program

pity and relief at the same time, it would be nice if all current partners to date 19/06/2020 their glyphs were combined globally, it would be less dramatic and something to remember in the game, for those who don't support, hate or don't understand glyph hunters, we like glyphs and they are collectible in game. It was always like this!

hace 1 minuto, -Prodygy- dijo:

The Start of a New Community Content Creator Program

pity and relief at the same time, it would be nice if all current partners to date 19/06/2020 their glyphs were combined globally, it would be less dramatic and something to remember in the game, for those who don't support, hate or don't understand glyph hunters, we like glyphs and they are collectible in game. It was always like this!

I think they all paid for some who tried to do business and trade with their glyphs.

53 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

"Zero Tolerance"=/="Anti-Toxic". Free Speech=/=Pro-Toxic. Out of the internet, even where free speech can be practiced, some statements or words are still not able to be said without consequence, as free speech isn't a pass to be a complete jerk to strangers, nor does it protect the ability for someone to cause panic. You're simply allowed varying opinions, the ability to not blindly follow your government, the ability to practice what ever religion, etc. The moment you go out of your way to harm others is generally the moment your right to free speech stops being defended. People have actually even been taken to court for bullying others online/in games and driving others to suicide.

You don't have to go very far to see what "zero tolerance" actually means. DE themselves have a history of moderating one side, and you see this issue across the majority of platforms. Youtube, Twitter, etc has a tendency of moderating people with specific opinions, while most who share the same opinions as the platform holder are allowed to happily hate and abuse those that disagreed with them, and sometimes even get rewards for such bad behavior.

Even DE themselves have been "toxic" towards opposing opinions. Just because someone disagrees, even if they happen to have done wrong, does not magically grant you the right to be a complete jerk, especially when you spout zero tolerance and how you're here to "create better worlds". There's clearly no better way than to reduce hate and creating a great environment than immediately trying to display your dominance against dissenting opinions the same way a child would.

There's a reason why when talking about "zero tolerance" it is quickly followed specifically with "hate speech" and "racism", rather than just talking about bad behavior or abuse as a whole. Most publishers quite honestly don't care about game play trolling, or abusive behavior. These statements are all just thrown around to get shiny gold stars from people that quite honestly don't even care about video games, they go out of their way to state anyone who enjoys them are sub-human garbage and are the type that would support silly politicians that tried banning games. If publishers cared at all about genuine moderation, they would have done so the moment they released their game/platforms publicly, and wouldn't need to make any sort of announcement over it several years later when it is coincidentally beneficial to make a statement on it.

And no, disagreeing with you doesn't magically make me a person that wants to be toxic on Warframe. I personally very rarely use in-game chats, whether voice or text, unless someone is in genuine need of help or engages in a conversation with me. Any pretend policies across all platforms actually have zero impact on myself, but just because it has no impact on myself it doesn't mean I can't express that I disagree with it. I simply don't have much trust in DE's ability to moderate, neither efficiently nor in a neutral manner. The forums don't have that many active users, and they can't even keep that moderated, not even neutrally.

That's correct. I'm a agreeable person and i had done nothing but helping other players in the Warframe. So contrary to what poeple might think, expressing my concerns about these issues doesn't make me a bad person. The problem with "Hate speech" is that most of the times "Hate" is a subjective concept and it can be a slippery slope when you're applying those rules to a group of people with different opinions. History in many places showed that it doesn't work and most likely it will get things even worse. Finally i hope DE can come out of this test with good results. Time will tell.

Not going to pretend it's not bittersweet to see the partner program end but the loosening of requirements is exciting. This seems like it will be easier to manage on DE's end having everything fall under the same umbrella. I'm super excited to see fan artists get some recognition. I hope Debbysheen applies to be a Creator. Her art is wonderful.

As for my glyph. As a Partner (for the next several hours anyway owo) I've gone back and forth but decided I wouldn't want it to be global. As far as I'm concerned it's for me and my community, and those who wish to earn it for free. It doesn't appear on Glyph listings in game and I wouldn't want everyone in the game to have access to it. It means something to me. It represents me and my love for the game. I'd at least want the people who have it to give my content a cursory glance, because why would they even want it at all?

No one is owed a creators glyph. I've seen far too much entitled behavior on the side of glyph hunters acting like it's something that is owed to them. It's incredibly toxic.

Everyone is like I dont wanna see AGGP in the new program. Honestly i gotta tell ya something, he will be in the program and there is no doubt about it. We need to wait for him to either suck up and admit he is wrong and apologize to all who he has wronged (which is highly unlikely) or wait for him to mess up and be toxic to report him.

I uh... Ooooofh. This really is a tough and divisive thing to read. I truly can appreciate and recognise that sometimes it might be best to toss everything out and start anew. But to put "we perhaps did a few bads maybe sometimes" as the sole reasoning, without even the vaguest of examples? It really strikes me as something to worry about. 

Honestly, I want to be so damn positive about this change, but until we see how everything plays out here? It's all on extremely thin ice. Having clear, concise terms that creators must adhere to is worth [REDACTED] if you aren't at least as clear and concise when it comes to actually enforcing them. 

TL;DR: I love the talk you talk, now let's see you walk the walk as well. Godspeed.

2 hours ago, SoulEchelon said:

They admitted they messed up, wrote out everything they specifically want to do with this new system, are forcing EVERY content creator to re-apply, are making stricter rules, giving more ways for us, the community, to directly report creators for misconduct, and are opening the program for even more people with more varied created content. That all sounds like improvements to me. Don't you WANT improvement? Just what can they do to curry your favor at this point? Come on tough guy, got any idea what would make you not angry? Or are you drunk off of it now like everyone else?

The problem is that they don't follow their own rules, nor do they enforce them unless they want to.

I just hope that this time around, when reports are made against partners abusing their status or are not deserving of it, it will be addressed right away and that there will be NO FAVORITISM. I'll refrain from pointing fingers but i can guarantee that this will fail and create backlash instantly if some older partners are allowed in this new one.

hace 5 horas, Voltage dijo:

Tengo más de 200 pero dejé de cazarlos hace años. ¿Por qué? Porque si quieres ganar muchos de estos glifos sin pasar todo el día en Twitch / Mixer / Youtube, necesitas AFK transmitir chat con un programa de terceros, ganar sorteos (lol) o abrir tu billetera y comprar suscripciones. Los glifos son cosméticos como cualquier otra cosa, y mi opinión es que cuando se agrega un glifo al juego, debería ser gratuito para que cualquiera lo use.

Right! also the community of partners needs a review:clem:

Archived