Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Partner and Fansite Programs: A New Chapter

[DE]Taylor

12 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

At the end of the day this game is still DE's game. So they shouldnt have to implement every single suggestion everyone makes. I have seen DE implement quite a few things that were requested by YouTubers, so yes they do listen, but its their game their choice

no, but they should implement what is better for the game. and there's enough exemple already of them not willing to do so because "muh game vision" even if it would be beneficial to everyone.

6 minutes ago, mikakor said:

no, but they should implement what is better for the game. and there's enough exemple already of them not willing to do so because "muh game vision" even if it would be beneficial to everyone.

Imagine you are an artist and you start off painting the pictures you want. But then, people start bossing you around as if they are in charge. Suddenly you can no longer make your own decisions and you aren't able to paint what you want to paint. DE had this problem when they were trying to find a publisher for dark sector, the publishers kept trying to force DE to change the game based on what they wanted, while completely  ignoring DE's vision. You want to know what happened? De Was forced to change the setting of the game and dark sector unfortunately mediocre(i liked it but Thats not the point). Years later they went back to their original vision and do you know what happened? After a few  rough years  at launch the game was eventually very successful. So yeah DE's vision Should matter just as much as the players vision,they Shouldnt be ignored

7 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

Imagine you are an artist and you start off painting the pictures you want. But then, people start bossing you around as if they are in charge. Suddenly you can no longer make your own decisions and you aren't able to paint what you want to paint. DE had this problem when they were trying to find a publisher for dark sector, the publishers kept trying to force DE to change the game based on what they wanted, while completely  ignoring DE's vision. You want to know what happened? De Was forced to change the setting of the game and dark sector unfortunately mediocre(i liked it but Thats not the point). Years later they went back to their original vision and do you know what happened? After a few  rough years  at launch the game was eventually very successful. So yeah DE's vision Should matter just as much as the players vision,they Shouldnt be ignored

they matter as much, maybe. but your exemple of the painted picture isn't really relevant. do you get to play with the picture? no. here, you have interaction with a project. if people don't like said interactions, ithey will let it be known. and peoples have made WIDELY clear what they dislike, and DE absolute bonehead attitude toward stuff that shouldn't be a thing. it's a video game. people interact with it, and if they don't like it, either it change, they suck it up and play, or leave. and more people seems to leave recently because they are fed up with DE's attitude of going their own vision' yeah, they CAN go their own vision. and it might very well kill the game too. as much as their vision count, if it's detrimental to the game, it's not good. neither for the players, or them.

Im not optimistic.

I stopped playing when they banned a partner and let the other super toxic extra narcisstic person in the program and in the game. He made great content straight to the point. He contributed great to the community and was without that drama crap and insulting toxic behavior. Just good content and showed you even bugs that you know them and fix them.

BUT

There were always double standards and i can openly say it i was disgusted from this. From a Game that should be about simple fun and forget the heavy minded real world for some minutes but there were so much drama around it and this repeated shutting other voices and opinions down. We dont like what you think? We ban you from game/chat/forum or kick you out of the partner program or we dont let you in.There are obviously highly political people with an agenda in some positions in your company.

I saw it all and to a point that people stopped saying what they think.What a great achievement and a bitter sour taste in many peoples mouths.

Just remember the forbidden one. He was clearly toxic himself and not the nicest guy( i was by far not a fan and even liked him) BUT the treatment he got because he was annoyed by the unfair double standards was at the end not fair.The other friendly persons were still partners till this day and they were not better.They were all abusive but there was a big biased taste there.

At the end the whole atmosphere in this community became sadly over the years less welcoming and felt so unfree and not cool anymore. Let politics and this double standards (because you dont like their attitude or opinions just be professional) out of videogames because not everyone comes from your part of the world and have your mindset and alot are not interested in this drama and just want to have fun with your game. Let people say what they want so long it is not against the law or is super insulting. People are individuals with different opinions and when you rub your opinion in their faces you should let them express. Thats democracy and respect other opinions and challenge them when they dont like them and not shut them down.You are a role model for some younger people even as a private company .

My 2 cents

7 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

I'll be interested in DE's stance on this as well. DE and Warframe have always prioritized fan content creators that created art and videos (and sometimes music), and those looped into specific platforms. For those of us who created fan content literature (writing), support, recognition, even finding an audience was always scarce. Whether I ever have the time or the desire to go back to creating fan content, I do hope that writers in the Warframe community can be included in this new big tent (without having to always have a visual component included in their work).

It really depends on the community they have built around their craft. When the program officially launches, it'll give artists (written, traditional art, captura, etc.) a chance to look at the criteria and see if their platforms meet them. If so, they are welcome to apply, and we will judge eligibility on a case-by-case basis.

On 2020-06-18 at 1:56 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

When we started wading into this program redesign, one of the first steps was reflecting on our actions and policies as Devs across the Partner program in general. We have been doing this for six long, storied years, and we will be the first to admit that mistakes and missteps were made along the way. 

Okay so when are you going to admit the mistakes that you allowed toxic partners for 6 years??

When are you going to admit the mistakes that you allow, and will continue to allow partners to sell glyphs for real money, which violates the "No Real Money Trades" rule of your EULA, a permanently ban-able offense?

Your lack of apologies and lack of making all glyphs universal proves your words are hollow lies, and this is all just to purge the good partners and keep the toxic ones when they "re-apply"

Enjoy your even more exclusive and doubly toxic echo chamber you call a "community program" 💩

Loving the addition of artists in this 👌 as for the rest, we will see.

If certain individuals return to the new programme that have been reported on for years regarding highly toxic and problematic behaviour then this new programme will end as an insta-fail imo. I hope that won't be the case, but if it is then it'll just hurt your image more and damage this community even further.

Mistakes have been made (and we all make them.) Let's hope this fresh start is indeed being done for the right reasons, and past mistakes aren't repeated... or worse.

Good luck!

@[DE]Taylor

Could you set a clear policy regarding community vigilanteism, the evidence required when filing a complaint, and any policies regarding abuse of the reporting feature/email?

You have a no naming and shaming policy on the forums and a policy regarding abuse of reports, there should be the same for youtube, twitch, and even in-game public chat (e.g. region).

There is one person who has been clearly (in region, reddit, these forums, partner youtube videos, twitch streams) made the target of ongoing coordinated player vigilanteism. Possibly his behavior does/did warrant action on DE's part (the evidence I've seen from the vigilantes is always the same regurgitated/recycled stuff, so it's hard to tell) but the behaviour by the vigilantes in response has been appalling, e.g. people specifically logging into region chat to "make things known" (their words) and deliberately spreading the toxic behaviour.

As a seven year clan and alliance emblem and streamers glyph creator for the community I hope that I can count my self as fan artist. 🙂
I love the game that's why I support it. I don't know if I completely fall in the criteria because I take commissions for the minimum price of 10$. Mainly because I want to support the game and the minimum price is just for my time, strain on my eyes and nerves so I hope that this won't put DE away from community supporters like my self.

12 minutes ago, Faerren said:

The fairest thing was to put down the whole program and try something new. Hopefully the new version will stay cleaner

Well, it was definitely the easiest way to sweep the unresolved issues under the rug.

4 hours ago, RazulDarkwood said:

As a seven year clan and alliance emblem and streamers glyph creator for the community I hope that I can count my self as fan artist. 🙂
I love the game that's why I support it. I don't know if I completely fall in the criteria because I take commissions for the minimum price of 10$. Mainly because I want to support the game and the minimum price is just for my time, strain on my eyes and nerves so I hope that this won't put DE away from community supporters like my self.

I think DE wants fan artists that freely produce "fan art" of warframes, not commissioned emblems

If they allow anyone in that makes a basic PNG, then whats to stop the entire community from hopping on GIMP or Photoshop and demanding to be partnered... er... "create"-erd? 

Your 7 years is no better than my 7 years of eyestrain from Steves overzealous particle effects in this game, but sadly I dont think either of us will get free handouts. But hey worth a shot!

Wow; just the commentary on here is 'Toxic'.
I have never been nor shall be a 'white knight';  Ask the person who deleted nearly 24 posts I made when [DE]Steve uploaded his "improved" texture mapping code before the new year, and it literally made everything look like turds with a thin glaze of half dried glue.  To this day I still state that was a BAAAD move on everyones part (both the execution of the code, the nearly 18 days of no fixes for the horrid visuals, and the outright censoring of valid complaints).

That being said, tearing own the partner program to the foundation and then having the 'creators' re-apply for their free goodies and access to the devs and content is an EXCELLENT Idea.

...and Yes, DE will and should have final say what gets produced in partnership with them.  After all, these people who will be given their perks are expected to at least be respectful with their negative commentary (when required).  NOT naming the names-who-should-never-be-named; THOSE individuals deserve to be pilloried BY DE and the public for the outright toxicity of their later content, especially when they began to flout their 'Exclusive insider' status as a sinicure and badge of entitlement / superiority, while in the same breath insulting the people working both as public faces and those in the trenches at DE.

Anyways; Kudos to all at DE for burning down the outhouse to rebuild.  HOPEFULLY mistakes made in the past will not be repeated and nepotism and cronisim will be kept to an acceptable minimum when the re-applications are done and new Partner/Fansite members are added.

Stay safe. 
Keep the faith. 
and always ALWAYS... keep you skana sharp.

47 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

Great job on deleting my previous post as well as a couple others regarding my situation. No worries I see where this lies.

Is this the real DMD? If so since theres no more "partners" and they specifically banned you from being a partner, you should easily be accepted as a "creator" -

which of course is totally not the same thing at all, and definitely not based on popularity... /s

Archived