Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Partner and Fansite Programs: A New Chapter

[DE]Taylor

Too little too late. Too much drama and unprofessional behavior from people who are the public face of your business. 

I'm not a fan, I'm a customer. And when DE takes a side in politics, which it did, that turns me away. I don't want to do business with you anymore. I don't care what 'side' you pick.

I've got lots of choices for who I give my money to. I've given DE more than it's fair share, and that ended over this last fiasco. Enjoy what you've got from me as it'll be the last.

I don't care about the partner program. I care that it was used to promote terrible behavior and that you used my money to support a political party. 

I'd say it was fun, but the last 3 or 4 years have been nothing but grindy boredom. Warframe had such promise back in the founder days. You need to get back to that; focus on the product and the business and get out of spreading your political beliefs using your player's payments to you.

12 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

It really depends on the community they have built around their craft. When the program officially launches, it'll give artists (written, traditional art, captura, etc.) a chance to look at the criteria and see if their platforms meet them. If so, they are welcome to apply, and we will judge eligibility on a case-by-case basis.

Thank you for answering their (and by extension, my) question. I look forward to the official rules/criteria that could apply for Literature/Written content, especially on how much effort I would need to exert (as someone who writes as a hobby) to qualify.

1 hour ago, Xenophil said:

SNIP

It was in the case of a partner they kicked named DogManDan. However there is another big name partner who many people in the community have called out for clearly and blatantly violating the same policies. Also be warned, DE will and has removed comments that talk negatively about certain organizations even if the comments are truthful. Though you have been around far longer than I have so my guess is you already know that.

What was the real catalyst for the change? Only DE knows, and unfortunately the community will never hear the full truth from DE despite what the community needs most right now is open honesty from DE. But most of the community thinks it has something to do with specific partners and what they have said in the past in regards to a large number of issues.

@DogManDan looks like they un-hid your post after some people mentioned it. Also I just noticed while writing this that your founder badge is gone from for forums.. Did you do that yourself? It still says you're a founder on the in-game profile.

A fresh start would get rid of a lot of issues (mostly people that have dropped Waframe a long time ago).

However, I will name two old partners and ask if they will still be in the program : AGGP and Rathelious, both of them are famous but in a very distinct ways.

23 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

A fresh start would get rid of a lot of issues (mostly people that have dropped Waframe a long time ago).

However, I will name two old partners and ask if they will still be in the program : AGGP and Rathelious, both of them are famous but in a very distinct ways.

Well, they are the two names that came up frequently when people were discussing the program getting nuked, usually by suggesting that DE wanted to get rid of those two but didn't want to look like they were singling them out since the former would try to get DE canceled if he got the boot (despite piles of evidence of him breaking rules and generally being a complete A******) and the latter getting the boot would make it look like DE is trying to silence criticism, especially after those call out videos about a year or so ago.

1 minute ago, Hayabusa97 said:

Well, they are the two names that came up frequently when people were discussing the program getting nuked, usually by suggesting that DE wanted to get rid of those two but didn't want to look like they were singling them out since the former would try to get DE canceled if he got the boot (despite piles of evidence of him breaking rules and generally being a complete A******) and the latter getting the boot would make it look like DE is trying to silence criticism, especially after those call out videos about a year or so ago.

With all due my respects to Rathelious, DE has all the rights to not be happy with his actions, regardless if the information he was broadcasting is correct or not.

29 minutes ago, Mk.1 said:

@DogManDan looks like they un-hid your post after some people mentioned it.

My post moved from page 7 to page 8, so it seems DE realized the Streissand effect was worse than the critical voices. They REALLY need to take notice of customer reaction patterns in other parts of the games-, comics- and movies industries.

The honest truth is probably something more along the lines of the fact that when you consider the overall opinion of the 'partners' - there was the feeling that the negative outweighed the positive. Now maybe this was in good faith or maybe not -- They want 'new opinions' and 'fresh starts' (aka people who are still positive about the game). Basically you have people who have played the game for a long time pointing out flaws that become more apparent and more problematic (arguably) the longer you play. What better way to make the problems go away than to have a fresh set of voices. Comments suggesting this is about one person are naive. Instead of changing the game, change the conversation around the game -- and that wasnt going to happen with those who have spent many years in conversation with DE already.

So here is to look forward to new content creators making "new" old videos about the same old weapons, frames and synergies (already happening if you watch the newer and more active YT content creators).

11 hours ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

I think DE wants fan artists that freely produce "fan art" of warframes, not commissioned emblems

I don't know if you're right, but I hope that you aren't.

Payment, taking a commission for work, should not be a barrier to inclusion in the program. Many fan artists who create warframe art also take commissions. They don't always work for free, or for the love of the game/community, nor should they (nor should anyone).

Some fan artists have become part of the DE art team, so we can presume that's a paid position.

My point is simply that, in my mind (and in within the community, it seems), there's no clear line between fan art commissions and free fan art. Both still count as fan art and a way to express love for the Warframe community. Both still count as quality contributions.

If they allow anyone in that makes a basic PNG, then whats to stop the entire community from hopping on GIMP or Photoshop and demanding to be partnered... er... "create"-erd? 

I don't know RazulDarkwood's works (nor do I even know him/I've never interacted with him), but I guess DE would have to look at his application and his body of work and decide. That should, in theory, stop the entire community from becoming creators.

Your 7 years is no better than my 7 years of eyestrain from Steves overzealous particle effects in this game, but sadly I dont think either of us will get free handouts. But hey worth a shot!

If anyone creates 7 years' worth of content in support of the game or the community, I think they deserve the chance to become a Creator. 7 years of work sounds like a lot of consistent contributions and those are a lot of work. Seven years is also a lot of time to improve the quality of one's work over time as well.

You might be right that DE's not interested in emblems, but, again, I hope they'll be more inclusive.

I'm new to the community, and didn't know you had a Partner program before I read this announcement, but I've found the Warframe community to be a very creative and positive one. I hope this new program goes well for you. It's good to hear you're expanding who's allowed in to include fan artists and writers, as well as updating your policies and procedures to help maintain a healthy and professional relationship with content creators.

1 hour ago, Kylo. said:

What the hell are you talking about?

[DE] donated $25k to Black Lives Matters, which appears to have upset some players.

On 2020-06-19 at 2:20 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Innnnteresting... Is this, just possibly... a way to clean out all the partners that are just gathering dust? Or is it a way to allow for a new screening process that might possibly cause some of the more... problematic creators to have to re-apply and risk being denied?

This this this this a thousand forma times this.

Is solo mode gonna remain the only perk for those of an introverted persuasion? I like unique stuff/perks as much as the next person but I couldn't entertain invisible viewers to save my life. 😞

FWIW I only play solo when I'm after a Kuva larvling and would actually like to see an increased player cap in non-combat nodes and Destiny 2-like open areas.

OH! Fascinating! I have several associates who do art and writing projects for Warframe, while I myself have a vast collection of written works in my Pit!

I don't know if they and I will register on the scale, but, I do enjoy the possibility!

15 hours ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Is this the real DMD? If so since theres no more "partners" and they specifically banned you from being a partner, you should easily be accepted as a "creator" -

which of course is totally not the same thing at all, and definitely not based on popularity... /s

It's the real me for sure. No I could never be accepted as a creator and I would not ever apply to be one with this game or company products as a whole ever again!

12 hours ago, Mk.1 said:

@DogManDan looks like they un-hid your post after some people mentioned it. Also I just noticed while writing this that your founder badge is gone from for forums.. Did you do that yourself? It still says you're a founder on the in-game profile.

Interesting how it showed right back up; No I did not remove my founder badge at all. Guess they are really trying to make it as if I was never here, but forgetting it was from extremely early support of players like myself that this game ever came out of a alpha phase and lasted as long as it has.

Well, I for one am supportive of the Creators Program on the stipulation that a certain Token Tyrant is barred from any privileges accompanying it, no glyph, early access to content, or special treatment from DE. AGGP has had enough of a free ride on this game's lap, time for him to pay in sweat and tedium.

I appreciate that something is potentially being done. Both sides of the spectrum have already been heard aplenty. The old program has ended and there's a complete makeover of unknown proportions.

Just sit and wait how it turns out. Can always complain afterwards if it doesn't turn out the way you had wished.

Il y a 16 heures, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

Creo que estás confundiendo "tono sordo" con "AF racista"

translate to english

I do not understand, what happened to Dan ?, Many people talk about this, and I am in limbo, could someone explain to me the situation of this guy?

traducción al español (original)

No entiendo, que fue lo que paso con Dan?, mucha gente habla de esto, y yo estoy en el limbo, alguien me podría explicar la situación de este sujeto? 

On 2020-06-20 at 5:54 PM, (PS4)robi191291 said:

Can I ask what are you doing here? 

Responding to people who have quoted me in the forum topic just as I have done for over 7 years or my time within this game community. I have always taken the time to try and respond to everyone and as such I believe the personal relationship I have between so many in this community is coming out and being reflected as others notice what has happened. Regardless of whether people agree with my personal statements is not the issue at hand here.

Archived