Jump to content

Warframe Partner and Fansite Programs: A New Chapter


Recommended Posts

I'm very curious and at the same time skeptical about the new admission conditions in the program.

In the past partners have been kicked out due to dubious reasons, while certain toxic individuals have benefited from a blanket immunity.

Partners that were critical of DE behaviour have been publicly and personally attacked by members of DE staff.

You have a lot of mistakes to make amends for.

Edited by Ikusias
... more keyboard issues
  • Like 60
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

They are welcome to contact us if they want to discuss distributing their Glyph again, but as of writing this, many of the unobtainable Glyphs due to lapsed Partnership will remain unobtainable.

But why? If the partner isn't active anymore or left the program, I don't believe they should have an opinion or say on what DE does with DE's glyph in DE's game. It's a harmless Glyph that can look cool for people to equip. Leaving them unobtainable is unnecessary.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 26
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Will all Creator glyphs be universal and/or free moving forward? The distribution of these codes has not been great over the last 3 years or so, and it's a pain when a streamer asks "watch me play Hydron for 100+ hours for points", "win a giveaway" or "subscribe for real money".

Watching a stream now. Basically they can convert their glyphs to a global code or keep it to handing out codes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

What about Glyphs?
Glyphs are not offered via the Creator program, and instead we handle their distribution in other ways that best serve the community. Glyph waves will continue in the future, just not within the exclusive context of the Creator program.

Hope we get more details on this as this is extremely vague.

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

I don't see Discord channels on that list -- are they included?
Unfortunately, we are not able to continue our support for Community Discords via our new Creator Program. These are unique community gathering spaces, and we want to ensure we continue supporting those communities however we can. We are committed to working with our previous Discord Fansites to see what shape that support takes.


RIP

Edited by Revanx
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

But why? If the partner isn't active anymore or left the program, I don't believe they should have an opinion or say on what DE does with DE's glyph in DE's game. It's a harmless Glyph that can look cool for people to equip. Leaving them unobtainable is unnecessary.

I'd imagine there would be some legal issues with that, the glyphs are often the partners logo, just giving them out without the partners go ahead could cause trouble.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as a certain someone isn't a part of this- I welcome this change! I honestly didn't feel safe playing Warframe knowing someone who can threaten players in-game and get away with it was a part of the program that DE spotlights around. Really curious to see how this shapes out.

  • Like 36
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pawkeshup said:

Watching a stream now. Basically they can convert their glyphs to a global code or keep it to handing out codes.

I have over 200 but stopped hunting them years ago. Why? Because if you want to earn a lot of these glyphs without spending your entire day on Twitch/Mixer/Youtube, you need to AFK stream chat with a third party program, win giveaways (lol), or open up your wallet and buy subscriptions. Glyphs are cosmetics like anything else, and my opinion is that when a Glyph is added to the game, it should be free for anyone to use.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 19
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did you not include publicly the fact that community Discord servers won't be accepted nor supported anymore, even through creator program ? Players should have every informations on this program at their disposal. @[DE]Taylor

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Voltage said:

I have over 200 but stopped hunting them years ago. Why? Because if you want to earn a lot of these glyphs without spending your entire day on Twitch/Mixer/Youtube, you need to AFK stream chat with a third party program, win giveaways (lol), or open up your wallet and buy subscriptions. Glyphs are cosmetics like anything else, and my opinion is that when a Glyph is added to the game, it's free for anyone to use.

No, they are not. a creator can allow them to be global but they either create or pay for that artwork. It's their choice how their art is handled.

You're not entitled to their glyph for playing the game.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 17 Minuten schrieb spaceageGecko:

I'd imagine there would be some legal issues with that, the glyphs are often the partners logo, just giving them out without the partners go ahead could cause trouble.

They already gave you the Glyphs if you messaged the right DE member for it. They didnt have an issue there, so I dont see an issue with making them global

Edited by --Q--Candy
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Revanx said:

Hope we get more details on this as this is extremely vague.

I think it is fine as details of how to get a glyph as a content creator is more of a content creator concern after they will be in the 'new program' that isn't fully detailed out yet. 

 

13 minutes ago, Voltage said:

But why? If the partner isn't active anymore or left the program, I don't believe they should have an opinion or say on what DE does with DE's glyph in DE's game. It's a harmless Glyph that can look cool for people to equip. Leaving them unobtainable is unnecessary.

 My glyph was designed and put in the game with both DE's and my permission. This more about representing my community and brand, and less about being a piece of completely optional artwork in a game. It is a two way street that I am glad that DE respects as much as I respect their decision to still allows us to have our glyphs. 

Edited by TwitchMooha
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope smaller partners won't have too much trouble getting back in to the creator program when it launches.  The really big popular ones obviously give you the most reach, but small ones fill important niches to help add variety to the program.

  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Existing Glyphs will stay in-game, yes!

You, of course, mean Glyphs existing at this exact moment. Not the glyph of a specific creator that was unpersoned by DE staff recently.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not distribute the glyphs like global code in waves? Even the oldies glyphs that actually are not obtainable?

hace 16 minutos, [DE]Taylor dijo:

General activity in the program was always a qualifier for raids, but more enforcement of inactivity policies will be healthier for the program as a whole! 

They are welcome to contact us if they want to discuss distributing their Glyph again, but as of writing this, many of the unobtainable Glyphs due to lapsed Partnership will remain unobtainable.

Cat Please GIF by swerk

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

They are welcome to contact us if they want to discuss distributing their Glyph again, but as of writing this, many of the unobtainable Glyphs due to lapsed Partnership will remain unobtainable.

Thanks for the reply, but I still feel this should be looked at more. If someone isn't active at all anymore. Not on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Discord, anywhere.. like they fell off the face of the planet. They won't contact you to discuss it, they don't talk to anyone.

They were a partners, they were active, their glyph was accepted. Why should partners glyphs (excluding legendary glyphs and such) remain in game that can't be obtained? Especially for players that didn't play when some glyphs were possible to get. It shouldn't be a legal issue? it was okay to put into the game originally. They accepted whatever terms to have it put in. 

Also a question on a glyph since I feel it is kind of relevant since it involves a past partner. Why was QueenSeena's glyph changed to the default Lotus glyph in game? Can we get an option to get the old version back? Can we not get it for like 1 credit or something? To be more specific with a picture. 1st and 4th is QueenSeena's glyph which is now the new default. 2nd and 3rd is the old default Lotus glyph for people that never changed their glyph in game.

7R90ZcJ.jpg

Edited by --Brandt--
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

You, of course, mean Glyphs existing at this exact moment. Not the glyph of a specific creator that was unpersoned by DE staff recently.

You mean the one that retweeted dog whistle posts and was clearly in support of it? It was justified.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shoelip said:

I hope smaller partners won't have too much trouble getting back in to the creator program when it launches.  The really big popular ones obviously give you the most reach, but small ones fill important niches to help add variety to the program.

We are specifically lowering requirements because we are aware that those with smaller communities benefit so much from the tools we are setting up!

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, --Brandt-- said:

Also a question on a glyph since I feel it is kind of relevant since it involves a past partner. Why was QueenSeena's glyph changed to the default Lotus glyph in game? Can we get an option to get the old version back? Can we not get it for like 1 credit or something? To be more specific with a picture. 1st and 4th is QueenSeena's glyph which is now the new default. 2nd and 3rd is the old default Lotus glyph for people that never changed their glyph in game.

7R90ZcJ.jpg

She got tired of glyph hunters and asked for it to be removed.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Caramello said:

She got tired of glyph hunters and asked for it to be removed.

Just pointing this out here for everyone who feels entitled to all the glyphs. It is a game with content you simply cannot always do/complete. Please don't be the person who drives others away for your enjoyment. Be nice and respectful of each community whom has a glyph and you are more likely to actually not be pushed away. 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...