Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Advice On Molt

pariahlord

Question

Are there any tips or tricks to help make molt more useful? I've been using the decoy trick of putting it in cover and that certainly helps but not much against infested.  I can seem to put it inside things the same way you can with decoy. Any help would be appreciated =)

5 answers to this question

Against instead use it in the air, they'll attack it even if they can't hit it

people have always suggested that, but i have put Molt in the air and always still found Light Infested easily damaging it. 

i stopped bothering with that a long time ago.

what i do use a lot, though - are spots on maps where enemies will attempt to attack the Decoy, but will partially or entirely be unable to attack it. then it works it's best. including ranged factions.

basically use trial and error with Molt. look for those places that seem like they could work, and they probably will. even just putting it around a corner from most of your enemies will increase the length of survival by a considerable amount. you don't normally even 'need' Molt to last it's full duration, just 5 or 10 seconds for whatever purpose. though it's nice when it lasts the full 26+ seconds ;)

Edited by taiiat

There are several niches in Defense maps that can house a Moult. But against Grineer and Corpus, be sure not to put it too close to the Cryopod in Defense. These guys are so inaccurate they'll end up hitting the pod more than your Moult itself. Oh, and if a Nyx happens to be using Absorb, use it on her =)

There are several niches in Defense maps that can house a Moult. But against Grineer and Corpus, be sure not to put it too close to the Cryopod in Defense. These guys are so inaccurate they'll end up hitting the pod more than your Moult itself. Oh, and if a Nyx happens to be using Absorb, use it on her =)

the nyx should be producing tons of threat on her own without the molt, but I guess a little more agro couldn't hurt