Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best One Handed Secondary for General Use?

dsagent

Question

8 answers to this question

Depends on what you want, auto, semi auto, beam or shotgun type can all be done by kitguns and theyre all strong performers so you cant really go wrong with them unless you dont like the scrapheap aesthetics. Non kitgun secondaries worth mentioning imo are Pyrana/Prime, Hystrix, Azima, Sicarus Prime, Pandero, Mara Detron, Euphona Prime, Arca Scisco, Stubba, Lex Prime, Quatz, Kuva Brakk.

3 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

Depends on what you want, auto, semi auto, beam or shotgun type can all be done by kitguns and theyre all strong performers so you cant really go wrong with them unless you dont like the scrapheap aesthetics. Non kitgun secondaries worth mentioning imo are Pyrana/Prime, Hystrix, Azima, Sicarus Prime, Pandero, Mara Detron, Euphona Prime, Arca Scisco, Stubba, Lex Prime, Quatz, Kuva Brakk.

I love Euphona Prime, Pyrana Prime and Hystrix myself but the Rakta Ballistica is great fun too and for Loki or Ivara is auto-silenced so does not break stealth play 😊

Honestly, I've been struggling to find a reason to use anything that isn't the Tombfinger.

- Easy to use, and hits like a truck.
- Can combine Radiation+Corrosive damage, which lets it hit fairly hard against any armored target.
- Ludicrously fast reloading with Pax Charge, and you can swing your melee weapon around instead of needing to wait out a reload animation without doing anything.
- Deceptively good status chance, even when crafted purely for crits. (Every shot will roll for a status proc on both the projectile and the explosion, so you effectively have ~2x the listed Status chance.)
- Great at any range.
- The tiny AoE is a nice bonus when you shoot at one enemy but kill three of them by accident.

Edited by SortaRandom

I like the mara detron. I take mine to sorties and any other content I play. The radiation from it provides great crowd control once the enemy levels get high and they start becoming bullet sponges. Then i run viral and heat, in addition. I dont have a riven for it or anything, but it still performs well upwards of lvl 200 enemies. Now eximus units make take a lottle longer once you get up that high, but I love this thing. Now if only rng could bless me with a +status chance riven

Edited by (PS4)Sswoop-
Spelling err

The Catchmoon kitgun is still disgustingly powerful, you just have to get a bit closer now.  And since it can have unlimited ammunition, I find it to be quite nice to carry around.  Just an infinite number of fat deadly piercing projectiles, definitely not a bad choice.