Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Protea Changes!

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Why didn't the people on the public (or private) test server provide the necessary feedback on Protea before it was made available in game?

Good DE is once again fast patching issues with content but just confused on how/why the test server failed in this case...

Thoughts?

is there even such a thing? if yes, how can we join? and maybe it is only for white knights? I wonder if they let people test who are actually critical with things because they love the game and want all parts of it to be enjoyable as it is in most places.

2 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

You don't spam it. At max put down 3 if there are too many enemies and shoot the enemies.

Why do you want an other Mesa?

if you put down your third turret, your first turret has basically run out again.. also you want to then keep track of your passsiv, use a good ability in between, and after that the first turret 100% has run out again, forcing you to spam again (if you want to have your turret friends instead of playing the actual game)

so basically what you describe and how it really is, is that you sit in a corner.. because there is no room to play the game with protea.. you have to spam spam spam..

or you know, use 1 for shield and 3 and ignore everything else beeing a tanky frame that is better of using weapons anyway.

Edited by SmokinDice

4 minutes ago, SmokinDice said:

if you put down your third turret, your first turret has basically run out again.. also you want to then keep track of your passsiv, use a good ability in between, and after that the first turret 100% has run out again, forcing you to spam again (if you want to have your turret friends instead of playing the actual game)

If you only want to use turrets.

I personally just put down the turrets throw the grenades and shoot. If I'm up against high level enemies.

Spamming turrets only to kill enemies is wrong. They are there for Cc and debuff more than for damage.

It's your problem if you think this should be used as a dps ability.

Edited by JackHargreav

7 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

If you only want to use turrets.

Thats why 90% of all people PLAY the warframe.. because THIS is HER distinct feature, what sets her appart and what is special about her.. she is the TURRET frame.. why play her when not for the turret?!

THIS is our point.. if you want overshields you might as well play hildryn, volt or mag.. 

if you ONLY SOLELY play her for her 3, than thats fair. because its her best and most unique and amazting ability.. but I dont want to play her just because of ONE ability I like..

I LOVE turret based gameplay in any video game, this is WHY I and MANY other people want her to be as fun as a turret class can be, and that playstyle involves a best boi turret friend you can rely on.. with these turret mechanics protea has, its the other way arround.. instead of your turrets doing work for you, you work for your turrets .. when in reality you are much better of just ignoring them right now.

it is NOT a dps ability, it is an area denial ability, denying an area for 3 seconds is laughable.. right now it feels like a glorfied fireball.. and it is awful.

Edited by SmokinDice

Just now, SmokinDice said:

Thats why 90% of all people PLAY the warframe.. because THIS is HER distinct feature, what sets her appart and what is special about her.. she is the TURRET frame.. why play her when not for the turret?!

The entire quest is about her ability of rewinding time. That's her distinct feature.

She's not a turret frame. She's a versatile frame with many tools.

If you want a turret frame Mesa is right there.

In fact you can play Vauban for Cc, play Mesa or saryn for Dps, Wisp for team buff and so on. So the entire point about just play Hildryn for overshieldas doesn't hold much water.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

The entire quest is about her ability of rewinding time. That's her distinct feature.

She's not a turret frame. She's a versatile frame with many tools.

If you want a turret frame Mesa is right there.

In fact you can play Vauban for Cc, play Mesa or saryn for Dps, Wisp for team buff and so on. So the entire point about just play Hildryn for overshieldas doesn't hold much water.

so you want to start to talk about her 99% useless ability to rewind time then? xD

I think you dont even understand the concept of a turret when you come here and say mesa..

it doesn'T matter what her story is. it does matter what her kit is, because we play a GAME and not a story book.. she is an enginner (time engineer if you want) she can deploy supplies, and spawn a turret, restores shields and denies areas.. she is the definiton of an engineer area denial support frame. and all this doesn't even matter..

people see a turret, people who are attracted to this, WANT TO PLAY WITH A TURRET.. and she does not deliver this experience, and this is a disapointment.. thats also why people cried for years for a vauban rework.. and 90% of rework suggestion where exactly what protea is.. give him a real turret, give him a supply drop.. this is WHY protea was made, for us..but the most importnant part was sadly poorly implemented..

case and point.

if you play her just because you CAN, and because she IS strong and has no weaknesses.. then thats totally cool, and if it works for you thats great.. but the majority of people who complain, complain because she promises something to be, that she really is not.

what we suggest would not reduce your ammount of fun with her, but would INCREASE everyone elses fun DRAMATICALLY.. hell if the turrets where good (meaning they would just stay out much longer) she would isntantly be my number one love..

Edited by SmokinDice

2 minutes ago, SmokinDice said:

so you want to start to talk about her 99% useless ability to rewind time then? xD

It isn't a meta ability and you think It's garbage, pretty much.

But it has It's use and no other frame has an ability like this.

You want to use her turret way too much while She has a versatile kit.

You want a turret while she's not a turret frame. Turrets weren't the main point of her ever. De never advertised her as a turret frame either. 

7 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

You want a turret while she's not a turret frame. Turrets weren't the main point of her ever. De never advertised her as a turret frame either. 

oh boy..

you really are just a hater hater hm? xD

you assume stuff about other people when the majority doesn't even have the complaints you suggest we have..

you haven't even concerned yourself with what people say..

no one cares about a F'ing meta in this game (yes 2% do, but F them too)

temporal anchor has basically no uses is what I said, and I didn't even talk about its uniqueness with you.. (although many times before) I love it, it is unique and cool and well animated and realizied. its a nice concept.. still the way it is, gameplaywise it is almost completly irrelevant in any way shape or form.

both of the advertised ways to benefit from temporal anchor are completly wasted.. 

1. its for safety, yet she doesn't even need that because 1 and 3 provide her with unlimited survivability.. and even IF she would need it, when do you ever know in advance that in exactrly 8 or exactly 16 seconds you will be in a pinch you need to get out of? when in reallity I haven't felt that need in almost 7 years ever.

2. it "gives back" energy and allows you to spam.. this is the big issue, we dont want to spam.. and even IF we would want that, we dont need temporal anchor to do that when 3 already provides you with infinite energy.. in fact temporal anchor even REDUCES your energy.. because it alway costs energy to use it, and chances are (for me and many other at least) that you are still on full energy when rewinding, actually losing you 70-155 energy.

the only situation where I need it, is when I am in a defense mission, and then activate it, collect loot, and spare my self the part where I need to walk back xD

whatching all the cool looking and nice animations is not worth it, because they just take to long and provide to little to warrant its use.

so a simple change to make it actually destinctly useful would be great, and we heard many amazing suggestions so far.

1. make it toggable, easy fix, lets you play more reckless at all times and lets you rewind ON COMAND when ever you feel like it. make it so it only ever teleports you back like 5 seconds to not be stuck in a major cutscene.

2. give it synergy, for example, make it "time stop" you other abilitys, so that their duration does not expire while you are in temporal anchor.. so you do not need to touch ANYTHING about her kit but this, this would fix ALL problems at an instance. it would provide more usability to her 4, give it a reason to exist, make it feel rewarding to use. fixes the duration issues with the turret, fixes the duration issues with the shield grenade, fixes the time the turret needs to ramp up, make it look and feel cool! this is a very simple fix as we know the mechanics are implemented already in abilitys from wisp or valkyr for example

regarding her turret

NO, I want to use her turret ONCE, that is our point.. we want to have A turret (or three, it doesn't matter) place it, and be then allowed to play the game.. right now we are FORCED to spam it over and over if we want to have a turret.. or just ignore it.. placing it here and there while running around is a thing you can do yes, but does it feel any other to you as just shoot a fireball then? or a khora whip? NO.. and in that case it even feels worse, since you have to deploy it first, wait for it to aim, shoot and then probably doesn't even scratch the target first, wait for it to ramp up and then kill it eventually... where you could have just shot the enemy in the face with your gun and be done with it..

again I dont complain about its damage output.. I complain about how it is implemented mechanically wrong.. and the way it is SUPPOSE to be used, in this case yes, the damage it does is terrible.. and then the meta f boys come out of their whole too..

the ability does not have one weakness or limitation, it has WAY to much... it has comparably low damage, high ramp up time, laughably duration, a restricted fireing angle, needs range, duration and strengths to scale effectivly, while providing so little for the investment..

and again, it does not matter how anyone advertises anything, it is about how people use and want to use it.. and NO one was like.. wooooow I can go back 16 seconds in a game where we always move forward!

most people were hype because she had a turret. and if you just dont care, that would totally be fair, but then you are in the wrong thread here, because you can not provide adequate feedback. just saying "she is fine" doesn't help anyone... excal with no mods is "fine"...

Edited by SmokinDice
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SmokinDice said:

oh boy..

Yeah. Sure the main reason for the hype was the turret.... I don't beleive that at all.

Also again You and few others want a long duration turret while the thing is fine. In concept. I'd rather have a short cc turret than one ability that you put down in a doorway and leave it there.

The way Protea's artillery works is unique.

Also her 4th can be useful since she's a caster frame, and she often uses a lot of energy, so rewinding and getting back energy is useful. Her Dispensary won't give a whole lot of energy unless It's in vacuum range anyways and it also rotates through the health and ammo before it drops energy. So it drops energy slowly even with Natural talent.

Now I'm not saying she doesn't need changes, since I myself proposed some changes, but I disagree with the kind of changes ppl want.

And mainly I disagree with the opinions about her turret and don't care all that much about changes to her 4th. Stating that her 4th is useless tho? That's a lie.

il y a 4 minutes, JackHargreav a dit :

Yeah. Sure the main reason for the hype was the turret.... I don't beleive that at all.

Also her 4th can be useful since she's a caster frame, and she often uses a lot of energy, so rewinding and getting back energy is useful. Her Dispensary won't give a whole lot of energy unless It's in vacuum range anyways and it also rotates through the health and ammo before it drops energy. So it drops energy slowly even with Natural talent.

I was hyped for the turret and uniquely the turret. I wanted to play around it and a dispensary too ; like in a good ol' TF2, or even Overwatch. Overshield grenades were a complementary feature. I've never really care about the time ability neither.

Speaking about her dipensary, if you know how to use mods (Equilibrium and Synth Fiber), it's giving a INSANE amount of energy, hence the super duper spamming set up we HAVE to exploit in order to have a DECENT result with her kit. And if you want to play around her passive, you HAVE to spam. Because even with a full duration build, the duration of any spells is ridiculously low. And while the range could be decent, a frame with such low BASE duration NEED narrow minded to be simply comfortable, making it a bit annoying.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

so why was (and still is to some degree) the warframe feedback forum full of protea threads calling for exactly this? why are these changes here beeing made? its because something is obviously wrong with her first itteration.

I'd rather have a short cc turret than one ability that you put down in a doorway and leave it there.

but again.. you where given this playstyle already! You have many option to choose from if you want a short CC ability.. you can play banshee, frost, garuda, harrow, hydriod, mag, nekros, oberon, valkyr, volt, wisp, zephyr. 

they all have a short quick CC.. if you desire that, you can have it!

WE (the people who want a real turret) DO NOT have the luxury of choosing another frame that does this..

yes there is wukong with his clone, but he wanders around is reliant on your weapon and other stuff, its does not evoke the real turret feeling..

yes there is Chroma, where you can put down a 360° sentry ward basically.. but it is so counter intuitive to its regular build right now, has so bad damage output and so high energy consuption that it really isn't worth building for either..

and ofcourse there is vauban, which is the place where we wanted a turret from the beginning, and truly, flachette orb is in practicallity better then any turret and definitly supierior to blaze artillery in any way imaginable.. BUT!! proteas turrets looks so cool!!! 😍 I just want a real turret, that looks and feels like a real turret! is that so hard to understand?? can you not just let me have that? espeically when it wont even break the game in any way because no matter how much they buff if it will always be worse then wukongs clone. ^^

Stating that her 4th is useless tho? That's a lie.

then tell me, tell us, SHOW us usefulness.. I am open to your points and others, but you dont delivery any evidence to make your point clear. I listed several facts and reasons on why it is not all that useful currently in detail.. and I really dont see practical applications for it..

and this is not the argument to bring up.. and it is the only I ever see.. I have clearly shown before that it actually loses you energy most of the time instead of providing you with it. Unless ofcourse you want to go totally ham and you like your gameplay to be ultra hectic and you like your gameplay experience to be spamming: 22222222222222222222222222222.

it feels like the whole ability Temporal Anchor was made as a bandaid fix in advance, because they ON PURPOSE made the turret so limited that you have to spam it. and thats why they gave us 4 to "legitimize" the spamable nature of her turret instead of making it fun to use. making her whole gameplay loop even more clunky and spammy.

in regard to her dispensory, it actually has a very smart AI, and while it is true that it will always give you health, energy and ammo on the first 3 drops, it will then start to be more likely to give you what you actually needs, so if your health is up, and you dont shoot your weapon, it is actually VERY likely it will only spawn energy orbs for you, giving you all the energy you'll ever need, espeically when you consider mods, focus and arcanes as well.

also, right now, all this energy you seemingly get back, what is it used for? it is only used on your turret because you HAVE the energy.. but is it really worth doing all this? no. because doing ANYTHING other then spamming your 2 would be more useful.. and in all honesty, just spamming ones everywhere is nice and all, but really isn't that useful either, so just to get shields up, you dont really need all that energy, same goes for her 3, its spending energy to get more energy.. so that only leaves her turret.. and it clearly is not worth the 50 energy.

it right now is the same as to fire 6 ember fireballs for 2x its energy cost. would you put an ember augment on your build to have fireball shot 6 balls instead of one? would this make you use it? I dont think so...

Edited by SmokinDice
  • Like 1

On 2020-06-18 at 2:51 PM, [DE]Megan said:

As we pass our 7 day mark since the launch of The Deadlock Protocol on PC, our hands are busy at work making changes based on great player feedback! We hope to provide Protea with both visual improvements as well as touching on some Ability mechanic improvements. We’re aiming to slip this in before Console Cert as well so our Console Tenno can enjoy an improved version of Protea!

Grenade Fan

• Increased Duration of both grenades by 3 seconds.
  • Increased Range of both grenades at max rank from 4 to 5 meters.
    • For Shield Satellite, this applies to the grenade pickup Range.
  • Increased Shield Satellite grenade count from 3 to 4 to accommodate max Squad sizes.
  • Increased visibility FX on available Shield Satellite grenades to aid in differentiating between the two grenades.
  • Doubled the Damage of the Shrapnel Vortex grenade.
  • Fixed Protea's Grenade Fan/ Shield Satellites appearing giant while using Archwing.

Our goal here is to improve efficacy, usability, and logic of Grenade Fan! 

Blaze Artillery

• Increased Duration of Blaze Artillery by 1 second, and doubled the Damage multiplier to compete against higher level enemies. Duration will now show in Arsenal stats instead of the maximum number of shots.
  • Protea’s Blaze Artillery will now shoot through Volt’s Shield, but won't benefit from its buffs.
  • Fixed Protea’s Blaze Artillery not targeting ragdolled enemies. 

Our goal here is to keep the spirit of the rapid fire Artillery alive, with just a bit more punch. We will monitor for feedback after this change as well. 

Dispensary

• Protea’s Dispensary location is now displayed on the minimap in the form of the Ability icon.
    • Similar to Wisp’s Reservoirs! 

Temporal Anchor

• Protea is now invulnerable for the first 3 seconds of Temporal Anchor (i.e on cast, to prevent casting animation deaths).

This invulnerability window is an important add based on all the ways players have used Temporal Anchor thus far - that key survivability reaction should include invulnerability. 

We look forward to your feedback on these changes after they are live! 

Let me break this down a bit with my thoughts for strictly playing her for a week.

Grenade fan:
We need more then 4 or 5 orbs for a squad for the shield. When I play her the first thing I do is throw down a 1, use zen. Pets have to pick up their own shield. So either more shields or pets "automatically" copy buffs owners have

Damage increase on the tap is nice, and well needed. We will see how nice it is in game.

Blaze artillery: First things first, I used her guns against level 130 heavy corrupted, it takes about 2-3 rounds of 3 group turrets to actually kill them (8 of them total). It is VERY possible to see 8 C.HG out on the fields. Damage needs to be increased a lot

She needs 10ish second duration maybe 15. Reason being? Lets take be frank, if you are doing normal map missions 90% of the time you are solo (yes you can ask for help, most of the time you won't get it) so lets say interception is your mission. You have A, B, C, captured. You notice enemies heading between A&C, you throw 2 turrets or so down at different angles, leave to capture D. That 10-15 second duration they give, just bought you enough time to capture D. Head back to B for example cause it's way out of the way, get there and A, which is on the other side of the map is getting captured, as is B. You throw a few turrets down, and rush to A. Get to A, now C is being captured. Throw a few turrets down, now you are fine.

Another example, Survival. You and your friend are duo'ing (or even have a full squad) You and your friend split off, or even stay with the group and no1 but you notice your friend is down. Room is flooded with enemies. You use your 2, get every angle around your friend, heal him up. Now you can say "Well just use operator void mode get him up clear the room" I had a few survival missions where we would get someone up and start to clear the room, and they would instantly fall down again. If Protea is support, give her the ability to keep the immediate area clear of hostiles to rez someone.

Her dispensary: With so much going on you can easily forget to place a 3 down and "Oh snap I am out of energy". To combat this, why not make dispensary an unlimited timer with duration (or efficiency) depicting how quickly it drops items?

Her rewind: I notice when I "die" with rewind active, I rewind with 15hp. I used rewind each time with full hp. Why not make her invulnerable when she gets brought back and is down? That way you have a chance to get up and fight instead of rewind and die this time for real?

These are my thoughts. I apologize in advance to anyone crying about improper grammar, history is my expertise not grammar.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SmokinDice said:

what we suggest would not reduce your ammount of fun with her, but would INCREASE everyone elses fun DRAMATICALLY.. hell if the turrets where good (meaning they would just stay out much longer) she would isntantly be my number one love..

So that's my main issue "She needs 10ish second duration maybe 15. Reason being?" (see above post for the reasoning)

I would say anything above 15 would be overkill (if DE doesn't allow us to increase turret duration ourselves) but anything below 10 is just to short to do anything with, and even as a mainly solo player who only groups up with 1, maybe 2 people, aren't going for "increase because I can block off a whole section of a room so I can complete my solo interception". Literally my main point is "increase it so I can revive my friends and they don't die in 2 or 3 shots again while I put 4 turrets around his body". Yes I can room clear, yes I can use my void mode to get him, yes I can do all this. But Protea is a support frame, why SHOULD I have to do this, if I can easily just throw turrets out, make sure the area is clear, rez my friend and clear the rest out?

2 minutes ago, -SoH-ViktorD said:

So that's my main issue "She needs 10ish second duration maybe 15. Reason being?" (see above post for the reasoning)

I would say anything above 15 would be overkill (if DE doesn't allow us to increase turret duration ourselves) but anything below 10 is just to short to do anything with, and even as a mainly solo player who only groups up with 1, maybe 2 people, aren't going for "increase because I can block off a whole section of a room so I can complete my solo interception". Literally my main point is "increase it so I can revive my friends and they don't die in 2 or 3 shots again while I put 4 turrets around his body". Yes I can room clear, yes I can use my void mode to get him, yes I can do all this. But Protea is a support frame, why SHOULD I have to do this, if I can easily just throw turrets out, make sure the area is clear, rez my friend and clear the rest out?

see, I am so sad already, that at this point I am even willing to compromize heavily, and 10 seconds is really all I wish for.

Just a quick reminder again at how rediculous that is..

vaubans flachette orb has a 25 TWENTYFIVE second base duration.. has a 360° THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY degree fireing angle, deals AMAZING scaling damage, has a 50% FIFTY PERCENT critical chance and is basically the SOLE reason why everyone is in love with Vauban now..

it is not overpowered, it does not destroy the game.. it is FUN and it feels REWARDING to use! the drawback is that it does not look as cool as a turret... and okay, it can not shoot as far..

blaze artillery is light years away from this even after the buffs.. so even 10 seconds would still be underwhelming in comparrison to so much else in the game, but at least it would be USABLE in a fun gameplay perspective at least...

and again.. THIS NEEDS FIXING, NOT AN AUGMENT!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SmokinDice said:

see, I am so sad already, that at this point I am even willing to compromize heavily, and 10 seconds is really all I wish for.

Just a quick reminder again at how rediculous that is..

vaubans flachette orb has a 25 TWENTYFIVE second base duration.. has a 360° THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY degree fireing angle, deals AMAZING scaling damage, has a 50% FIFTY PERCENT critical chance and is basically the SOLE reason why everyone is in love with Vauban now..

it is not overpowered, it does not destroy the game.. it is FUN and it feels REWARDING to use! the drawback is that it does not look as cool as a turret... and okay, it can not shoot as far..

blaze artillery is light years away from this even after the buffs.. so even 10 seconds would still be underwhelming in comparrison to so much else in the game, but at least it would be USABLE in a fun gameplay perspective at least...

and again.. THIS NEEDS FIXING, NOT AN AUGMENT!

I totally get why you are upset, I have a lot of clanmates who watched the prime time, and hate her. Me? I thought she would be trash right off the bat. Now, I think even 25 seconds would be awesome in me helping support my team, but hell. I will deal with 10 for her turret. Just because I think more then that, and you can control a whole room which DE doesn't want us to do, they don't want us to play solo, and she's very close to that as is.

I'm not someone whos had a chance to play her yet but what if Temporal Anchor also snapshotted your abilities? So on triggering rewind all durations were reset. Plus giving the turret a solid 15 seconds uptime only disappearing after it runs through all ammo (which can be replenished by dispenser closeby or TA reset) or at the end of 15 seconds. This way turret requires close interaction with other abilities and you are not AFKing.

One minor tweak would be TA healing status procs as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SmokinDice said:

everyone was hype because she had a turret. and if you think or talk otherwise, you either are white knighting, or just dont care, which would be fair, but then you are in the wrong thread here, because you can not provide adequate feedback. just saying "she is fine" doesn't help anyone... excal with no mods is "fine"...

I don't really care about her turret... or 1-3. What brought me for her was her "big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey ... stuff" (Dr. Who quote).
----------------------------------------------------

With the anchor system I don't think I have ever died in 3 seconds. On the other hand bubble guys, and normal death resulting in stagger & death... yeah. But no fix for this...
Other modifications (1-3) aren't enough, I think.

Edited by quxier
  • Like 2

Reading about Protea's 4th ability (I'm a ps4 player, so reading is all I have atm), comes in mind this pre-existing D-polarity which you try to utilize since, well, u have it polarized already. You stick in Adaptations, Quick Thinking or just Armored Agility and try to be happy for a while, until you finally forma it to accommodate something, that's actually needed in your build. 

The impression I get is, that DE made a lot of effort to make this Temporal Anchor; Steve mentioned, that they had to make custom tech for this ability, so imagine now everyone saying that the said ability is rubbish? How reluctant are they to "forma it over" to make something new?

I've read some amazing suggestions to improve this; from ovecklockin to complete mech overhaul but I'm afraid it'll take a while for DE to get disillusioned enough with it to finally think of reworking it. Good thing, that most of them play the game themselves and experiense it's usage(or the lack of it) enough to voice against it.

Then again, I haven't tried it myself, so maybe when we have her on ps4, I'll be devotet Temporal Anchor fan and adamantly against any changes. Idk. Just wanted to say how it seems from purely reader perspective..

Edited by (PS4)Luke_Zakalwe
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

You are right and wrong.  Technically, no other frame can rewind time, but what is the effect?  You can refill health and energy, to whatever the point you cast at.

What does compete with this?  Well, instead of pressing 4 you should press 5 on any frame.  Bam, you've got the operator.  Zenurik generates energy constantly with energizing dash.  Multiple arcanes can heal you for a massive chunk of your heath.  If you use the void blast you can effectively slow and stun enemies, allowing you to kill them outright. 

What's the problem? Well, energy restoration is an over time effect.  Yeah, Protea's pool is pretty small anyways.  The health regeneration is effectively instant.  No, it isn't.  Measure rewind time against the healing of an arcane and it's pretty comparable in practice.  Operator mode doesn't let you die and be revived.  Fair, but you can pop into operator and die, and be revived in your warframe with a small penalty which goes away (and doesn't exist if you use a different arcane).

Let's then set aside ability 4, for just a second. 

Ability 1 is functionally a slightly less horrible Torrid projectile, which could buff.  It's Vauban's power remixed slightly to be less awesome than the Tesla Nervos. 

Ability 2 is only good if specifically built for, because the duration is garbage.  As people have discussed, the reason Team Fortress 2 got away with turrets was their relatively low durability and time investment.  You didn't set it and forget, you used it as a choke point holder and had to supervise it.  Somehow DE decided that instead of durability they wanted duration to limit the things, and they thus feel useless because they disappear so quickly.  Supporters claim that specific builds address this, but the counter to that argument is that this kills build choices.

Ability 3 would have been great five years ago.  Why that long?  Well, there was a time when pizzas didn't exist, operator mode didn't exist, no weapons had infinite ammo, and the landing craft couldn't call in any support.  Since then, we've gotten almost half a dozen ways to deal with resources being dropped (health, energy, and ammo).  What is the purpose of this today?  I'd argue that people can use it, and the power isn't bad.  At the same time it's having the power to get resources, at the expense of a warframe ability.  As someone who uses Zephyr I get one power being useless (use power 2 to buff power 4...ok, why not just make power 4 better?), but Zephyr is something that DE effectively doesn't give any concern to (still waiting on that Deluxe skin).  Protea is new.  How about before this frame gets shelved for whatever is new we can make sure it is worth taking out regularly.  All of this ignores that you can use a Wisp, and get motes that do all of this better than Protea's dispenser.

Is one ability, the non-turret turrets, enough to make a frame viable?  I don't think so.  You've got a 1=Vauban, 2=Protea, 3=Wisp, 4=Operators/Pizzas/landing craft.  I only see one thing there that isn't competing with what we already have, and doing a worse job of it.  My only counter is that the kit is viable if you build for it...and that can be said of literally any frame.  If Protea isn't at least doing something special without a specific build focus, then why use it?  That's the sign of a warframe that needs a rework to not be forgotten about.

• Like 4

I really enjoy playing Protea personnaly.

I think the grenade were indeed a bit underwhelming, especially the shielding one.
The fact that you don't shield yourself by default is a flaw in my opinion.
I should get shielded also if i'm not and refill timing if i'm still shielded.

As for her 2, that's my favorite one, I like how it feels and the damage so far.
The only issue I have is that since I have to cast it often I have to stop shooting, and it doesn't feel right.
In my opinion the best things that can be done with this ability is ti remove the casting animation, let me cast my turret and keep firing.
With the guarantee heat proc, that would be an amazing ability to supplement the weapon damage of my team and myself, but having to stop shooting every 3 seconds is kind of annoying. 

The 3 is good, and the addition is a nice change i was wondering at launch why it was not there since Wisp got it.

The ultimate ability, personally i like it, i can go crazy for a time and spam abilities and weapons.
If need more, the thing I'd like to see with her 4th is definitely not the invulnerability I think it's useless.
I think more synergy with your own abilities while in your 4 would be more interesting.
Increase my turret limit to 5 while in my 4th for example, or no limit at all.
Makes the grenades increase in range and cover more ground and the shield getting regen boost or make the overshield resist some damage.
This is what her 4th need in my opinion.

But to be honest, there is a lot of 4th abilities in the game right now that are far worse than Protea, in my opinion it just lack synergy with her other abilities.

So far I'm getting the bad impression that De development team spent 90% of its time on Protea's rewind ability and than slapped whatever leftover ideas from other frames to fill her remaining power slots...

Her kit makes no sense:  her 1-3 powers are a worse vauban's kit, while her 4th power is from a completely different theme!

Maybe it would have been better if her entire kit was related to time control sheaningans considering the core of her questline?

As she is she lacks focus.