Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Getting Knocked down, Staggered, and Tripped Way Too Often

On 2020-06-22 at 8:35 AM, sunderthefirmament said:

Including built in immunity to repeated knockdowns might make them less frustrating, but it would devalue our mods that already exist to fill this need.

I disagree the mods give us pretty much 100% chance to not get worked over by chain staggers (except power drift as that's not 100%) Making it so you could only be worked over by say 2 or 3 chain staggers in a row wouldn't devalue the mods because the mods are a guarantee in most cases rather than a safety net.

I think would be great if the game give you an warning when the enemy is going to performs a slam attack, or the scorpions are going to use their grappling hook, even give us the option to oppose this actions, for example, if the game warns you when the enemy is going to do something you could roll and cancel the hook or even better, make it a quick time event, you get a button in the screen and insted of you been stagger down, you stagger the scorpion down, it would make the game more dynamic and  I could stop using primed sure foot

Give how many replies and views this subject has gotten, i think something must be done! what that something will be is not for me to decide but i can say this much that this is something that could/should get addressed in a future Warframe revised update (which hope we get more of)!

You know there's a mod called sure footed designed for this exact complaint in mind. It even has a primed version that provides complete knockdown immunity. If rolling when visually identifying knockdown hazards isn't your thing, check those out for some extra advantage.

On 2020-06-18 at 1:27 PM, Joezone619 said:

i've noticed there is a growing problem, where players keep getting spam Knocked down by enemies and then just dying cuz they cant get back up to get away.

1 of 2 things needs to happen

A) Limit how often the player CAN be knocked down (limit how often enemies withing (#)meters can perform a knockdown move

or

B) Give the player a Knock Down immunity timer that lasts 1-3 seconds so they have a chance to move and get away from the spam KD/KB/Stagger

Don't get knocked down.

Use a frame with immunity to status in certain circumstances, like Nehza, or Rhino, or Atlas, or Inaros.

Use mods that help resist knockdown or make you recover faster.

Be more attentive to your surroundings. Don't get surrounded by ancient healers. Face off against opponents that use harpoons so you can block the rip lines with melee. Prioritize tripping opponents and kill them quicker.

My only real issues with knockdown and such come from things like Profit Taker and the Eidolons. There are so much stagger and knockdown in those fights that only certain frames (or primed sure footed) are even remotely viable.

The point of knockdown system is to prevent from passive gameplay and force higher engagement from the player.

We are not playing Space Marines 3.0, we are space ninja. That being said, you can always utilise abilities on frames (vide Gauss' 2nd, Rumbled Mode, Iron Skin etc) or slap good old Primed Surefooted. These exist for a reason to not exclude those who want to be Space Marines 3.0.