Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, who's the lucky frame getting your next Umbral Forma?

I'm saving this one for Khora Prime. Maybe next one as well, but I've recently managed to squeeze all three Umbral mods into my base Khora without an Umbra Forma, so I might only need one. I want to put in Primed Sure Footed and maybe swap the Aura.

• Like 2

Last one? I finally used my first one yesterday and put it on Rhino as I'll actually use all 3 mods on him and couldn't find another way to mod without having to use an umbral forma.

I suspect Inaros Prime will get one when he comes around but truth be told the way i have regular inaros set up doing this would be overkill 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

I put two on wukong prime, one on saryn prime, no regret. For the last umbra forma I have, I think I will keep it since most of the time I am just playing excalibur umbra & wukong which already got all 3 umbral mods installed. If I really have to use the last one, maybe on mesa prime.

• Like 1

Valkyr Prime and Mesa Prime definitely as both can make use of all three Umbral mods.

That is if i don't get too annoyed of Nightwave.

So far i have only one on Banshee Prime and put one or two on Sancti Magistar for better crits.

Harrow P(kind of wishing for an Umbra version instead), Octavia P, Khora P, Saryn P, Limbo P and Ash P will probably all get one at some point, i've not decided if Khora P or Nidus's upgrade would deserve three Umbra forma more, time will tell, currently Khora just looks like a better Nidus (though Parasitic Link is really good), but maybe Nidus will get a rework by then.

• Like 1

I'm not very interested in using them, mainly because of the frames I play.  Nezha Prime was my aim for a long time, but since regular ol' Nezha doesn't need them at all, he won't either.  Sort of tempted to slap one each on Banshee Prime, Nova Prime, and Harrow, but the only real benefit I'd get out of it would be more starting energy.  Which is a pretty minuscule advantage to get from  a consumable item that only comes around once a season.  Easier to justify with two or three on one frame, but the gains aren't worth the loss of flexibility on anybody I play much.

• Like 1

I've already used mine on Oberon. Previous two went to Rhino and Atlas. Thinkin of putting the rest on weapons, like the Redeemer or Stropha if it gets a good disposition. 

1 hour ago, Butterfly85 said:

Last one? I finally used my first one yesterday and put it on Rhino as I'll actually use all 3 mods on him and couldn't find another way to mod without having to use an umbral forma.

I suspect Inaros Prime will get one when he comes around but truth be told the way i have regular inaros set up doing this would be overkill 🤷‍♀️

Dont put all 3 Mods on Rhino, you get more armor or Str from other mods if you drop U. Vitality. 

Also Inaros is one of the worst frames to have, especially if you have an Umbral Rhino. Why waste a precious resource on him?! 

• Like 1

depends on what happens in the coming months.

If Nezha prime comes around before Inaros prime, then my valkyr prime will be the next one to get it. I'd give it to nidus(my build will only need the one umbral.) but i want to wait till nidus prime before that.

If Inaros prime comes before nezha prime, then he gets it, cuz why the hek would i NOT give it to inaros prime?!

• Like 2

I still haven't used a single umbral forma yet. 

So I will likely not use the next one either. 

I prefer my Frames to be versatile, and an umbra forma kinda ties them to a predominant tank role (if you use all 3)

Anything less you can manage with regular forma. 

If DE comes up with more umbra mods (efficiency preferably) I might reconsider. 

• Like 1

I finally used 1 out 4 of my Umbra Formas on Mirage P. Prime Sure Footed, Umbra mods and a spot for any augment just took so much space that I decided to just do it after struggling for the longest time. After testing some of my favorite weapons, especially the melee ones on her now tanky kit, my reservations completely evaporated. Definitely no regrets whatsoever.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (NSW)BlaineKodos said:

Saving mine for Inaros Prime so I can fit all three on my build.

Just buy an unranked Intensify from Simaris to get the set bonus once console gets Deadlock. You don't need a single Umbral Forma on Inaros.

6 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Just buy an unranked Intensify from Simaris to get the set bonus once console gets Deadlock. You don't need a single Umbral Forma on Inaros.

Oh, huh. I hadn't really actually thought much about doing this. I think Khora is the only frame I currently have three umbra mods on, but if I ever felt like I needed space, a lower ranked intensify wouldn't be much issue since the whipclaw augment exists. maybe i should start getting simaris rep again to get some spares to low-rank in general... Hmm.