Guwuda

Garuda's Talons not benefiting from Acolyte mods

After the recent buff to Garuda's Talons I wanted to try to use them since the new stats seemed very good in comparison to other melee weapons.  I settled on using this build:

kPdapcO.png

I did a few low level missions and didn't notice anything off, was killing the enemies as easily as normal.  Today I went into the first sortie mission and noticed that I wasn't getting the extra critical chance from Blood Rush.  I went into Simulacrum to test some more and noticed that both Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds had no effect.

5aEHRNu.png

As you can see, I'm at 12x combo.  I should have 152% critical chance from Blood Rush, but there aren't any orange crits and even non-crits.  My status chance should be just over 199% which means 2 status procs on almost every hit but you can see that there are lots of hits that don't proc any statuses at all.  

For comparison, this is a screenshot of Kronen Prime with a similar build only swapping Vicious Frost for North Wind.

6Yj4d91.png

You can clearly see that Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds are working from the orange and yellow crits and the multiple status procs per hit.

Previously, equipping Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds did apply the mod's effect.  I tested Garuda's Talons just after Update 26 and those mods worked then.

Hopefully this can be fixed as Garuda is one of my favorite frames and I would enjoy using her Talons in normal gameplay.

• Like 9

The more posts on the topic, the more likely DE will see the bug and fix it. Keep up the fight.

• Like 1

Bugs should go in the bug sub forum though <.<

Hope it gets fixed soon.

Posted (edited)

This should probably be in feedback. I want this to get addressed asap too, because I play Garuda about 90% of the time.

Thanks for making a post about this OP. 

Edited by z3us32610

Posted (edited)

I may be bugged but i don't see a modable exalted weapon for garuda.

Am i missing something?

I see after a mission a weapon called garudas talons but i see nothing in the arsenal.

Her abilities are the claw strike that makes a shield. Impaling a foe to heal. Cutting herself to trigger her passive. And an aoe quil storm.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

1 hour ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

I may be bugged but i don't see a modable exalted weapon for garuda.

Am i missing something?

I see after a mission a weapon called garudas talons but i see nothing in the arsenal.

Her abilities are the claw strike that makes a shield. Impaling a foe to heal. Cutting herself to trigger her passive. And an aoe quil storm.

Her claws show up when you have no melee Equip. They cost zero energy, they just act as regular melee weapons.

3 minutes ago, Snowpoint-Prime said:

Her claws show up when you have no melee Equip. They cost zero energy, they just act as regular melee weapons.

Ahh ok. I didn't know that. Are they better then using a melee weapon?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Ahh ok. I didn't know that. Are they better then using a melee weapon?

Recent buff makes them very good weapons. Compared to Venka Prime (claws) Garuda Talons has less crit chance, but very high status chance.

What buff did they get? They were ok in my book and shredded everything in Arbitrations and T5 fissures..

8 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

What buff did they get? They were ok in my book and shredded everything in Arbitrations and T5 fissures..

XldbUFY.png

These are the changes, before these they were kind of not worth using because other weapons were just much much better.  With these changes they're potentially competitive with other melee weapons but not if they can't use Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds.

• Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Guwuda:

XldbUFY.png

These are the changes, before these they were kind of not worth using because other weapons were just much much better.  With these changes they're potentially competitive with other melee weapons but not if they can't use Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds.

Thanks, I'll make an umbral build with my talons 🙂