Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cephalon Joke-a-Thon Contest [Winners Announced]

[DE]Helen

(When the Operator finishes upgrading mods, and upgrades an equipped mod past weapon capacity:)

"Operator, no! You've upgraded this mod past your weapon's mod capacity! Guess you've reached a point of [No Return]..."

"I'm sorry operator... That pun was a [Strech]."

Ordis: "Operator, I have ran the preliminary calculations on the permutations computation module design...oh I might be getting a HEAD of myself."
Orids: "I think this project might be CAPUT!"

Some explanations:

cephalon (from ancient Greek) means head
caput (from Latin) means head and it's a play on words with the Yiddish word kaput meaning dead. (proof, I am Jewish)

Edited by nitoko1

After a foundry item is build, if there are many items still laying around in the foundry -

"Operator, there are foundry items ready... [pause]... [in his cracking voice]... purging unclaimed foundry items"

Ordis commentary when operator entry into star chart
Operator, today we set off (begins to speak maliciously) to a rendezvous with a deee...(interference) (speaks joyfully) Derby on a k-drive! Hmm ... What did I say?

Edited by Dantiisimo
  • Like 1

(if returning from a mission with a kubrow/kavat/helminth)

"Welcome back operator, was the mission succes... (successful but not finished) ... WHY HAVE YOU BROUGHT THAT PUTRID CREATURE BACK WITH YOU? I had assumed your reason to embark on this mission was to... (in ordis's insane voice) EXTERMINATE ...(changes back to normal but angry tone) ... rid yourself of that insufferable animal / vile...'thing' "(helminth only)