Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time Warner Cable - Worst Internet Ever

BoomyGordo

BLOCK OF TEXT AHEAD! NO TL;DR   

Recently we were bought out by Time Warner Cable (hereafter TWC) and I was neutral about it because I knew nothing about them. When the transition finally took place the internet and cable went down instantly. It was justified to me because i figured they had to move data around or something other with the servers during the transition and it was fine. Few hours later everything was back up and running smoothly.

Fast forward about two weeks and internet and cable go down again. This time there was no warning and we had gotten no message from them regarding if it would be going out. It remained down all day and was back the next day. No emails were sent, No letters or communication gotten in regards to why the down time happend. I called and found it was because they were "upgrading the servers". From that point till about 4 weeks later, there was MASSIVE up packet loss. Online gaming was impossible, skype was barely use able and we might as well have had dial up.

After those two weeks everything got good again but our wireless didn't work. Upon restarting the router wireless worked as well as internet and it stayed like that for about an hour till the router reset it self. I called and asked and they said they were investigating connectivity issues with our area. I waited a while and internet came back but, no wireless. I was fine with that, I had a hard connection to the router.

Yesterday the router started acting up again, constantly resetting it self and so i figured its the problem. I called in and asked if they could send some one out to replace it. The router was the previous company's asset but since TWC had bought all assets in the area from them it was now TWC's router. They told us we would have to pay a service fee and either go pick up and pay for the new router or pay for them to come and install it. The instant I asked if why I should have to pay for them to repair their own property I was put on hold and transfered to some one else. I figured it was just one jerk there and explained the situation and asked again but yet again i was put on hold (this time for about 45 min) and then transfered again.

This happend about 3 times before i gave up and am now sitting here typeing this wall of text. I cant get on and play warframe or any other online required game because the connection drops every few minutes and resets. TWC has been called one of the most hated companies in america and i can now see why. They are making money because they moved into the area and bought everyone else out in that area FORCING us to use them as the provider. They wouldnt get my money if i could go with some one else.

Thoughts? Opinions?

You have to know how to play the game with this provider (I am a pro)

1) Tell them you are having phone issues as well - Due to concerns over 911 calls, they will get a tech out to you in 24 hrs.

2) Tell them you want to talk to "Retention Services" - Explain your issue and demand you get comp'd for the hassle 

3) Call EVERYTIME the modem as much as farts!! - Trust me, if you don't complain everytime then they will try to get out of taking responsibility.

4) Write down the reps name and the ticket number

5) Hint: If it smells burnt, they will bring you a new unit or ship one to you.

It's still better then DSL.

after checking various rating sites TWC is rated at 0-1 stars 90% of the time. most of the 1 star reviews also say they wish they could give 0 stars but the site wont let them. TWC is only still in buisness because they have enough money to force people to go with them

My family's had TWC for about 5 years now, and, honestly, I find this incredibly surprising. We've almost never had problems with TWC. On the few occassions that the wireless and cable did go out, they had a legitimate reason for it. We've never had major connection speed issues, either. Sure, there was the occasional hiccup now and then, but otherwise it was fairly smooth sailing.

Perhaps the experience varies depending on the area.

Edited by JustAnotherRougeAI

My family's had TWC for about 5 years now, and, honestly, I find this incredibly surprising. We've almost never had problems with TWC. On the few occassions that the wireless and cable did go out, they had a legitimate reason for it. We've never had major connection speed issues, either. Sure, there was the occasional hiccup now and then, but otherwise it was fairly smooth sailing.

Perhaps the experience varies depending on the area.

i only have one question for you then. Do they have a monopoly in your area?