Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers - wait.

Nyekomimi

So, we all heard that speech. If not ingame, then during that one dev stream. There is just one issue...

Tenno do not use the Keys since 2016. Just like Solar Rails and Spectre Armies for Clans, the Void Keys are thing of a past. How many confused players pondered on what key, exactly, did Vor refer to?

Simplest solution would be to alter the speech - but that'd remove iconic part of game everyone enjoy. But - we do have keys, still!

Fix for that inconsistency would be pretty simple, and yet pretty nice. Take the Derelict Keys - Hobbled and such - and add gate room in the Orokin Void as well. With different rewards, of course - maybe guaranteed argon/void traces, maybe put rarer relics there so such extra challenge would give alternative source for them? I dunno, I just think that'd be nice.

• Like 1

I'd always assumed that although the game function of using Void Keys to go to the Void Towers for specific rewards was removed, the game lore of needing Void Keys to go there remained.  We had no other way to go to Void tileset missions before so I assume that's still the method used, we just don't have an Inventory item to represent (and limit) it anymore.  The game still has reference to Void Keys being used to create Void portals in the Void Sabotage missions afterall.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, Nyekomimi said:

How many confused players pondered on what key, exactly, did Vor refer to?

All those who skipped the prologue and never done a Void Sabotage mission, I guess.

Edited by Xaero

when the void key rework happened I made up a head cannon that once you clear the corresponding connecting node on  a planet you "unlock" a key to go to that tier of void missions so you still use keys to go to the void you just have an unlimited supply of them.