Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instead of Nidus Prime, can we get an Ancient Nidus

(PSN)FK2P

9 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Nidus =/= Infestation. He is just a frame that looks like he is infested but he is built that way through the Warframe program. He isnt infected by the actual infestation since he, like all other frames are immune to that strain. The Orokin for some reason just wanted a monster frame that worked similar to the actual infestation.

Spoilers at this point 

Spoiler

Nidus and all other warframes like him are specifically crafted infested specimens created through the helminth strain (yes that thing you go to to get rid of the cyst). So the reason why they're are immune to infested is because they are infested just of a specific strain.

11 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

I was thinking the opposite actually

Orokins only accept perfection, even in terms of looks, everything has to be symmetrical, & white with golden bits

So I think NidusP will just look like a smooth golden chitin armor to completely hide the infestation, & the more stacks he gains, the more infestation will show

OH WOW I like that idea, like give him a mask like the king from ‘Kingdom of Heaven’ where the orokin have tried to hide what’s underneath BUT you can still see it at certain angles.

If any frame was going to have a different prime, it would have been Valkyr. Sadly, valk prime is basically identical to normal valk despite all the lore surrounding her creation (that Salad tortured her into the frame we have now - the original should have been vastly different).

17 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Yeah, one of the Prime frames I'm looking forward to, just out of curiosity. I even have this side note jotted down in my Prime release order speculation notes:

"2021
♀️Gara Prime
♂️Nidus Prime - Maybe? Really? Kinda hard to imagine him all gold and blingy.
♂️Harrow Prime
♀️Khora Prime - Save two Umbra Formas"

You leave a Save 2 umbra forma for Khora Prime comment in a Nidus Prime topic?!?!?

You sir are a monster. 

17 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Yeah, one of the Prime frames I'm looking forward to, just out of curiosity. I even have this side note jotted down in my Prime release order speculation notes:

"2021
♀️Gara Prime
♂️Nidus Prime - Maybe? Really? Kinda hard to imagine him all gold and blingy.
♂️Harrow Prime
♀️Khora Prime - Save two Umbra Formas"

6 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

You leave a Save 2 umbra forma for Khora Prime comment in a Nidus Prime topic?!?!?

You sir are a monster. 

Yep, Savage.

Poor Nidus, only Parasitic Link saves him from the powercreep.

29 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

You sir are a monster. 

21 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Yep, Savage.

Poor Nidus, only Parasitic Link saves him from the powercreep.

Well, I did think about it. But since it's there in my notes, I thought it took more effort to omit it than to simply copy and paste wholesale, and hope people focus on Nidus.

2 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Well, I did think about it. But since it's there in my notes, I thought it took more to effort to omit it than to simply copy and paste wholesale, and hope people focus on Nidus.

It's ok, but i found it funny.

12 hours ago, hippokrene said:

I played through the Silver Grove and got the feeling that frame creators were given a wide range of control over how a unique frame was designed. Titania (possibly Oberon) reflect Silvana's vision, even if Ballus ended up distorting it.

So Nidus is monstrous not because the Orokin wanted it that way, but because whomever was in charge of its development liked the fleshy aesthetic. Maybe Nidus, Garuda, and Nictus were put together by the Orokin equivalent of someone really into horror movies.

That is just the tenno that made the Nidus we play that way. There was a version prior to it aswell, maybe even two in the shape of the prime and prior to that possibly a generation one. Titania is also a very odd story since according to the timeline and all incidents/persons involved in the Titania story, that is a version prior to the primes, so we are more or less getting a frame there that has had no tenno version prior to it. The whole transferance program isnt even finalized when Silvana is moved to work on frame production, that doesnt happen until Ballas re-opens the project as some remembrance of Margulis after she got executed. And going by the Stalker lore, the tenno uprising doesnt happen until after the war with the sentients, during victory ceremonies and whatnot. The titania in the story kills a bunch of Dax long before that. This is the same reason why part of the Inaros story seems to be about a gen 1 frame aswell as later on also about a tenno version. Though percieved as the same by the people who think they are both the same god due to colony folktales.

edit: It can all also come down to a massive amount of lore loop holes made by DE since they didnt know really where the story and origin of things were going at the time.

9 hours ago, ShadowExodus said:

Spoilers at this point 

Reveal hidden contents

Nidus and all other warframes like him are specifically crafted infested specimens created through the helminth strain (yes that thing you go to to get rid of the cyst). So the reason why they're are immune to infested is because they are infested just of a specific strain.

Exactly, it isnt wild as the basic infestation, it is controlled and possible to mold for a specific purpose. It still puts massive strain on the host (if there is one) hence why several of the original warframes went bananas monkey dahmer insane.

That doesn't sound right.

First gen 'frames' were just crazy monster things that slaughtered everything in the lab. Inaros wouldn't be one of those.

We know that Titania was Silvanus' frame project and Margolus was alive when she developed her. Ballis was trying to make the frames 'warframes' then but that didn't happen fully until after Margolus' death. 

8 hours ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

OH WOW I like that idea, like give him a mask like the king from ‘Kingdom of Heaven’ where the orokin have tried to hide what’s underneath BUT you can still see it at certain angles.

Valkyr Prime 2.0 controversy incoming 😆.  Would be hilarious, though, if his mask was actually Bluish metal and looked Orokin-human and split open with tentacles askew.

5 minutes ago, hippokrene said:

That doesn't sound right.

First gen 'frames' were just crazy monster things that slaughtered everything in the lab. Inaros wouldn't be one of those.

We know that Titania was Silvanus' frame project and Margolus was alive when she developed her. Ballis was trying to make the frames 'warframes' then but that didn't happen fully until after Margolus' death. 

Inaros does murder things though in his story. He wipes out a bunch of Dax soldiers in one of the entries, then he disappears for a long while and later reappears at the colony again. It is a mixed bag with the gen 1 regarding how insane they went, some may not have been crazy at all and just out for vengeance because they had been used for the project, this because not all host were willing subjects, then there were those that couldnt handle it and just went crazy. Inaros in the story aswell as Titania have probably been sane examples who turned for other reasons. Inaros because he saw what was done to defenseless colonists and Titania because they came after her creator and tried to end her. Then there are surely those that didnt turn at all and were just loyal soldiers as it was intended.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-06-21 at 8:41 AM, SneakyErvin said:

Inaros does murder things though in his story. He wipes out a bunch of Dax soldiers in one of the entries, 

That was after the whole bio drone incident and during the fall of the Orokin empire which should be long after the bio drone prototypes. 

On 2020-06-21 at 8:41 AM, SneakyErvin said:

Then there are surely those that didnt turn at all and were just loyal soldiers as it was intended.

Doubt it. If there was few loyal drones then Ballas wouldn't have said all of them were failures. 

Inaros was more than likely tenno controlled in his entry, and that was during the fall of the orokin. While Titania, like you said probably wanted to protect Silvanus because of the connection created by her forceful use of transference on Titania. 

On 2020-06-21 at 12:49 AM, Ailia_Grimm said:

So I think NidusP will just look like a smooth golden chitin armor to completely hide the infestation, & the more stacks he gains, the more infestation will show

I like this idea

On 2020-06-20 at 3:45 AM, (PS4)FK2P said:

I like the idea that instead of there being a better orokin version of nidus, there instead would be a matured version, similar to how the infestation mature into ancients. He needs a huge disgusting design with multiple dynamic parts. Yum Yum

(I used the word ancient because of his infested theme, and the big daddy infested are the ancients, so it made sense in my head.) 

Ancient Nidus!!!

you just have to wait till the next male priming set 
inaros 
nezha 
octavia  
gara
nidus
harrow

Archived