Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Option To Adjust Mod Level!

Hallowieners

I have a couple of weapons that use my serration mod which is rank 6, I wish to upgrade it for the weapons that can support the extra mod capacity cost, but I don't want to sacrifice my other weapons which use serration but are at max mod capacity as well without using a forma. DE, please give us the ability to downgrade a mod for each weapon. I know there is another alternative such as having a separate mod for the other weapons, but that is much too costly when we speak of mods that go over the regular rank limit of five. 

Speaking to Serration specifically, you want it as high as absolutely possible on ALL weapons. You should never desire to underclock a base damage mod to fit on anything else.

That being said, if you aren't willing to forma a weapon, you probably shouldnt cripple other weapons in order to fill all 8 slots on said weapon. 8 slots filled on an unforma'd weapon generally indicates highly underleveled mods.

Speaking to Serration specifically, you want it as high as absolutely possible on ALL weapons. You should never desire to underclock a base damage mod to fit on anything else.

That being said, if you aren't willing to forma a weapon, you probably shouldnt cripple other weapons in order to fill all 8 slots on said weapon. 8 slots filled on an unforma'd weapon generally indicates highly underleveled mods.

Of course I would want Serration to be as high as possible, that was just an example, another example would be Vitality and Redirection. And I didn't say I wasn't willing to forma a weapon. However I wish to be able to keep a priority of using forma on my main weapons first. And I suggested to have a separate mod rank for each weapon. Meaning that other weapons will not be affected by the altered mod rank on the selected weapon. 

go back about 5 or 6 livestreams. you will see it was considered, and the way they considered would make you VERY unhappy. so.. no it wont happen.

I do recall them mentioning something about that. I hope that they would reconsider, as DE is known for making some pretty bad mistakes. 
Edited by DesuEx

This would be a rather nice feature so long as it didn't require anything stupid like more grinding, permanent reduction in level, tons of credits, ect. Just give us a nice slider or something for each mod that tops off at w/e rank we've fused it to...

Also, these initial responses and their defeatism are sort of depressing. 

This would be a rather nice feature so long as it didn't require anything stupid like more grinding, permanent reduction in level, tons of credits, ect. Just give us a nice slider or something for each mod that tops off at w/e rank we've fused it to...

Also, these initial responses and their defeatism are sort of depressing. 

It's not really defeatism so much as objectivity. This particular suggestion has come up many times, but as xenapan mentioned a couple posts up, DE's idea for implementing it was pretty bad, as IIRC it did involve rank reduction. And going with DE's track record of claiming to not want Warframe to become a grinding game and then doing just that, it's easy to see why some people such as myself don't see good ideas such as the OP's ever coming to light.