Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

29 Days To Launch. Y U No Give Roadmap!?

WeissKreuz

get your act together:

to become better organized If I'm going on a trip, I usually get my act together the night before so I'm packed and ready to go in the morning. The very fact they keep talking about how they have to get their act together is a bad sign.

Seriously. 29 days. There is an absolute litany of things that need to get done before launch if this game is going to make it. This 'increased communication' seemingly comes with a large side order of vague. My head is starting to bleed from banging against this forum. Can we please get some direct answers on what the decisions are at DE for what the finishing touches are going to be?

The concept that it will continue to be 'beta' after launch on the ps4, in my opinion, is indicative of the reality that no. Nothing will change.

Please, publish a roadmap. What are your chosen priorities? How will they be met? What can we as 'beta testers' do to facilitate these changes? We finally convinced you to make the "Grineeer's workshop'. So far it has only provided us with a few facts about what's actually taking place.

"Been arguing with Steve about damage changes to the game (armor 2.0). We have gone in circles a few times on what we are going to change or do -- anything from a violent rewrite of all the damage systems in the game to simple data changes that fixes a few things. I think we are getting close to settling on a final solution. Hopefully I can share with you guys what that is in the coming days - (maybe I can convince Steve to blast out a post about the coming changes if he’s not too busy implementing them)."

Steve did find time to make us a chart. But the fact that with so little time left you seem to not know if you want a "violent rewrite of all the damage systems in the game to simple data changes that fixes a few things", is not confidence building. It has been several days since you expressed the desire to share with us this outcome. Please do. Getting your act together is getting organized. In business, it usually means to develop a calm and orderly plan of action. If you have accomplished all that you have planned for yourself, you have not planned enough.

"Work has started on the trade system! I think we have a good solution for this. It will start off small and expand as we measure how the community reacts to it. Clans will be required to create a trading post in their dojo in order to trade."

Being that the implementation of mod trading would be the only thing to take away the bitterness of the RNG, this also deserves clarification. And what of this trading post. What is it? How will it work? IS it being designed? When can we expect to see it? Concept art? Anything? You mentioned it will be launched with U11. Fine. How are you assuring it progresses?

"Started working on the next Warframe, she will be a non-caster type."

Can you clarify any of this? I'm not asking for final concept art, but... come on.

On the issue of lore …everything has a past. Everything – a warframe, an weapon, an infested, everything. If you don’t know the past, you can’t understand the present and plan properly for the future

Lastly, until you take 15 minutes to type us a few paragraph long synapses of what I can only begin to imagine is the only thing you think about all day long, I am washing my hands of this charade. Get your act together. When you establish a destination by defining what you want, then take physical action by making choices that move you towards that destination, the possibility for success is limitless and arrival at the destination is inevitable. The definition of a professional is one who does a job well even when they don't like it.

{To clarify, I'm fully aware it's launching on the PS4 in Beta. That's the whole point of this. It's in 29 days. Console gamers aren't going to go for literally nothing but RNG. Because that's all  there is right now. There will be too much competition for it to simply be a meaningless grind. PC gamers have the patience for that. Not console gamers...}

Edited by WeissKreuz

While a roadmap might be nice, so far Warframe's development has been rather amorphous and subject to radical changes.

I mean, if they released a 'set-in-stone' roadmap, that would severely cut out the wiggle-room for changes and ideas proposed by the community.

Edit: Also when it comes to DE 'clarifying' the mechanics of features they're working on, and showing their progress, there isn't much difference than a roadmap infographic and an announcement saying "work has begun on X, Y and Z." Chances are they haven't clarified because they're still trying to figure out how certain features will work. Brainstorming is important yo'.

Edited by Letter13

Well. The community pours out ideas, and get the threads closed to 'there are enough ideas' or 'we will look into it'.

I think we deserve some clarification on where this game is headed. I'm tired of it being so amorphous. Good word by the way. That in itself has been a major hold up. I'm just... some guy. But I think it's time to pick some direction and stick with it already.

Edited by WeissKreuz

@ OP: Honestly I am not fond of threads begging for more attention. We are getting a lot of attention, but the community always want more... 

How about we let DE work instead of requesting a status-update all the time? 

It's great to have the Devs to tell us what's-what, but at some point we gotta trust them a bit, it's their baby too... 

I hope you know that DE stated that Warframe will not launch on PS4 release and will infact remain in beta while on PS4.

/thread

This is the truth. The Ps4 launch is not the end of Beta. So there is still time for this kind of thing to start happening.

I agree with you OP about the sentiment that it'd be nice to understand what their side is thinking better. Then I'd have something better to springboard feedback off of then just "I don't like this thing." I end up saying stuff like that more then I'd like.

I think that lore is a very low priority for now.

Armor 2.0 is the absolute highest priority imo.

This will either help us all keep playing, or just crack the game apart in 2 weeks and many console players will leave.

The grind also needs fixing ASAP.

Lore, better graphics, optimization, all that can wait, but the core needs to be up and functioning now.

@ OP: Honestly I am not fond of threads begging for more attention. We are getting a lot of attention, but the community always want more... 

How about we let DE work instead of requesting a status-update all the time? 

It's great to have the Devs to tell us what's-what, but at some point we gotta trust them a bit, it's their baby too... 

Im not begging for 'more attention'. I just want to know that if I continue to invest my time and money in this game, that I wont wind up with another flop. This last update, with the vaults... created so many NEW issues for DE to deal with. Like how insanely imbalanced some of the corrupted mods are in various weapons and frames, with specific powers. It's only making the game more and more meta. And more and more grind.

I don't want 'we are looking into...' on issues that they have been pondering for weeks or months.

I want 'We have decided to...' on issues they have been pondering for weeks, or months. Issues the community has poured hundreds if not thousands of suggestive, supportive posts at.

That is all I ask. And I think it's reasonable.

Im not begging for 'more attention'. I just want to know that if I continue to invest my time and money in this game, that I wont wind up with another flop. This last update, with the vaults... created so many NEW issues for DE to deal with. Like how insanely imbalanced some of the corrupted mods are in various weapons and frames, with specific powers. It's only making the game more and more meta. And more and more grind.

I don't want 'we are looking into...' on issues that they have been pondering for weeks or months.

I want 'We have decided to...' on issues they have been pondering for weeks, or months. Issues the community has poured hundreds if not thousands of suggestive, supportive posts at.

That is all I ask. And I think it's reasonable.

Consider that Armor V2.0 is being hammered out as we speak, that the corrupted mods were JUST released, that everything is subject to change, Steve is dedicated to both Armor V2.0 and the tutorial, and a plethora of things. DE has their hands understandably full, and they are still trying to keep us in the loop. 

The workshops have begun, and we don't see a lot of action because - you guessed it - they're busy. 

It is reasonable to want info, but it is also reasonable to understand that giving a status report take time, time that needs to be taken away from working on the actual stuff.

You don't ring the cook at a restaurant all the time to know where your meal is at. 

I will be happy if the Workshops get active and informative, but even then I fear we are burning out DE with all our requests of access to knowledge. 

I fear we are burning out DE with all our requests of access to knowledge. 

Next thing you know, the community will be demanding that 24/7 webcams be set up at DE's office so we can make sure they're actually working, because clearly draconian measures are the only measures that ensure things get done. *sarcasm*

For the record, I agree with your entire post.

Everyone who says that Beta won't end:The OP knows that FFS. He wrote it on the seventh line.

Valid, but also this:

Can we please get some direct answers on what the decisions are at DE for what the finishing touches are going to be?

Asking for 'finishing touches' will result in more frustration - the game's components are not as black and white as finished and non-finished. Given the way development on Warframe has been and continues to be, many things are subject to change, and we have decided with the help of the community that the next system in need of change is Damage.

Everyone is anticipating the next big change of the Damage system. There are a lot of unanswered questions about the specifics of this. At this time, the parties responsible for changes are actively working on it and have shared what they can. An update on this would be well received and will come when time permits (perhaps on Livestream #16!)

This thread is being locked as further discussion will likely continue on the patience vs. developer workload assumption path, which will likely stir up unnecessary trouble given everyone is coming to this discussion with the best intentions for Warframe in mind.