Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Koxu

Anyone Else Having Issues With Their Microphone Not Working?

The reason I ask if anyone else is having this problem is because I hear other people using their mics.  While some say they also can't seem to get theirs to work.

If you are "in menu" and adjusting your microphone in the settings it works.  But when you actually try to apply your mic in game to communicate with others the microphone will not work?

Thanks to any for helping in advance

I could never get it to work either. 
But I'm using the awful built in mic in my laptop so that might be the issue for me. 

We tried to use de mic in game yesterday but it didn't work for anyone in squad.

Like Koxu said, i could adjust my microphone in the settings box, but it didn't word at play time.

We can use microphones when use other programs like raidcall o teamspeak to talk when we play.

I don't know about anyone else, but personally having the function of voice communication in specific missions is super important.  Especially when the rest of your squad is running around killing mobs while you are trying to open a locked door that requires a teammate to help you open it so that you can get to the life support in the other rooms ahead in time.

Anyway /close rant (lol)

This issue seriously needs addressing if possible.  

Semi related, but kept getting players telling me my mic wasn't working, when I have it disabled in warframe.  If i do use coms its teamspeak, not if built into a game as they usually don't work.

Occasionally I will see the mic icon on the bottom left corner of the screen popup, but I can barely even hear them. I don't know if it is their mic, the game or me.

same problem here and i allways get error 11004 something with voice chat it used to work very good for me but has quit all together when i test mic in menus it is picking up my voice but no body can here me in game what gives?

Yep same here. I couldn't find anything that addresses this issue in any of the FAQs or the support topics. Should I submit a ticket?

Here is something you can try:

If your mic is too quiet: Go into Settings->Turn on 'Auto Gain Control (Outbound)' then Turn up 'Voice Transmit Volume'

If your mic is not working at all: Make sure you are pushing the 'Talk' button.

Most in-game voice transmitters aren't good.

If you play with friends, use skype.

The one problem I had with ingame voice is I had to raise my voice for it to pick me up. At least that's the impression I got when I was testing the voice features. Normally with this mic I can chat normally in skype and people hear me clearly and just fine.

The one problem I had with ingame voice is I had to raise my voice for it to pick me up. At least that's the impression I got when I was testing the voice features. Normally with this mic I can chat normally in skype and people hear me clearly and just fine.

You could try slamming the 'Mic Cutoff' slider all the way down in the options menu and see if that helps?

If you drag the 'mic cutoff' setting all the way to the left that should help.

9 times out of 10, I can't understand people that use MICs because its just not loud enough.

Has any progress been made with this? I'd like to be able to use my mic but nothing seems to make it work in game. In the audio menu when tested it seems to function properly.

I have exactly the same the problem as the thread's author: I double checked the key bidings, but nothing happens when I hit the 'press-to-talk' key. However, my mic works perfectly in the audio settings as I use the TEST function. It also works perfectly in other games.

I have exactly the same the problem as the thread's author: I double checked the key bidings, but nothing happens when I hit the 'press-to-talk' key. However, my mic works perfectly in the audio settings as I use the TEST function. It also works perfectly in other games.

same here. yet i have had other people have there mics work. so i do not understand what is going on.

for me, i am using a RED Samurai headset i used to use for xbox. i can hear people clearly, but they cant hear me. and i tried everything. maybe its not compatible for some reason? @__@

I had this issue too, i found a cheap fix by binding a "push to talk" function to my controller but its more annoying cause i loose a key i need inorder to do though 

I had to mute voice chat because my mic sends nothing but high-pitched, earsplitting feedback. My voice can't be heard, and it's loud and annoying to everyone else, so I have to use Skype and RaidCall to communicate. I know most games don't have a built in voice chat, and that's fine with me, but it almost seems worse when a game has a voice chat, but it refuses to work. (Not that I'm trying to blame anyone here. I know how finicky programs are, and I believe Warframe's developers pay more attention to their users than any other game I've played so far.)