Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Resistance doesn't stop Protea from losing health

z3us32610

Update: Arcane Resistance functions normally. Just learned toxin damage bypasses shields as well as the status effect, Poison.

So I was running around doing lich missions and decided to counter Nox's stug by using arcane resistance at max rank. The arcane has 102% chance to stop a toxin status effect at max rank. My shields never dropped below overshields when I was getting hit with the stug's sticky toxin blobs, but I was losing health. Also, the status effect icon never showed up in the UI either, but nevertheless, I kept taking health damage that was bypassing my shields. Afaik, toxin is the only status effect that bypasses shields, so it had to be the toxin effect that was bypassing them, even the the icon wasn't showing in the UI.

I suspect it is a bug with Protea herself, but I haven't tried it on other frames to verify that. 

Edited by z3us32610

Not a problem exclusive to Protea. Arcane Resistance does not work on toxic ancients either.

I've heard people say Arcane Resistance prevents Toxic status effects on your warframe but does not prevent toxic damage. Doesn't really make sense to me but I've heard  it explained that way more than once. 

1 hour ago, Berzerkules said:

Arcane Resistance prevents Toxic status effects on your warframe but does not prevent toxic damage. Doesn't really make sense to me

Why not?

It works the same as the other proc negation Arcanes, you gain immunity to the Status effect, but not the entire associated damage type.

Like, would you expect Arcane Deflection to make you completely immune to Slash damage?

Just now, NinjaZeku said:

Why not?

It works the same as the other proc negation Arcanes, you gain immunity to the Status effect, but not the entire associated damage type.

Like, would you expect Arcane Deflection to make you completely immune to Slash damage?

I've played games where 100% resistance granted you immunity to that specific elemental damage type. I've even played games where you could stack resistance and absorb gear so you would actually get healed by that specific damage type. Since Arcane deflection says +102% chance to resist Slash Damage effect, I'd expect Arcane Deflection to grant complete immunity to slash damage.

DE is terrible at explaining things and the way they decided to word it is confusing. What is a damage effect? Nowhere else in the game have I seen the term "damage effect". Is it 102% chance to resist toxin damage or 102% chance to resist the damage over time toxin status effect? It's 102% chance to resit the dot toxic status effect and not the initial hit that would have applied it. If they stated that on the arcane there would be no confusion and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

YpEoghk.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Nowhere else in the game have I seen the term "damage effect".

Im guessing it resist the status "effect" meaning the damage procs of Toxin which bypass Shields, but not the damage.

Similar to having Corrosive and attacking an enemy without armor. It does the damage but doesn't add the status benefits on armor.

Toxin damage should not bypass shields just as slash damage does doesn't bypass armor. Ferrite armor actually has a resistance to slash damage. The arcane should not allow the status effect aka the "damage effect," as it is poorly worded, to proc. If toxin's status effect can't proc then it can't bypass shields. 

4 hours ago, z3us32610 said:

Toxin damage should not bypass shields

Why not?

It's the one thing Toxin does that gives it a reason to exist / get used.

4 hours ago, z3us32610 said:

The arcane should not allow the status effect aka the "damage effect," as it is poorly worded, to proc.

That is 100% what the Arcane does.

Well, 102% technically 😛

Il y a 7 heures, z3us32610 a dit :

Toxin damage should not bypass shields just as slash damage does doesn't bypass armor. Ferrite armor actually has a resistance to slash damage. The arcane should not allow the status effect aka the "damage effect," as it is poorly worded, to proc. If toxin's status effect can't proc then it can't bypass shields. 

Toxin damage type bypass shields naturally, it is not its status effect. Toxin's status effect is the additional damage over time, this is what arcane resistance protects againts.

9 hours ago, Chauvesouris said:

Toxin damage type bypass shields naturally, it is not its status effect. Toxin's status effect is the additional damage over time, this is what arcane resistance protects againts.

Whoah. You're correct. I just read it on the wiki. I always assumed it functioned just like slash, where only the the status proc bypassed shields/armor. 

I assumed the others that said this as well were misunderstanding damage with status damage.

Thank you for clarifying.