Mag's 1 needs a buff.

Hello gamers. As most of you may know, mag's 1 has a mechanic, where any enemy killed by it has an increased chance to drop an energy orb. Of course this becomes utterly useless past level 30 enemies or so, since this thing will NEVER kill any mid-high level enemies. So, I think they need to change it where enemies hit by it in general have a chance of dropping an energy orb on death, which could be balanced by lowering the drop chance. I would say add an augment, but mag already has so many good augments it would be near impossible to find a place to slot this as well, unless they made it an exilus mod (which they probably wouldn't do). What do you all think about this? Don't really care how it's done, I just want it to be not useless.

Edited by Richeatue
  • Like 3

I think if it became a short-lived debuff that makes the enemy more likely to drop an energy orb on death (2 seconds at max rank, affected by duration), and the chance was no longer affected by power strength, then it could keep its current 25% chance. It would essentially be a stronger but shorter-lived version of Ember's augment Exothermic.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I think if it became a short-lived debuff that makes the enemy more likely to drop an energy orb on death (2 seconds at max rank, affected by duration), and the chance was no longer affected by power strength, then it could keep its current 25% chance. It would essentially be a stronger but shorter-lived version of Ember's augment Exothermic.

Yea, that could work as well

Yeah, people have been saying this since at least the Nezha / Chakram rework.  Maybe longer, but I haven't been around much longer than that.

Oberon's Reckoning needs the same treatment with its health orb spawn. 

• Like 2