Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to solve the Kuva Bramma ammo problem

(PSN)FK2P

Honestly, the easiest way to stop players from mindlessly spamming the Kuva Bramma is too... BRING BACK SELF DAMAGE! Boom, problem solved. Self damage was in place for that very reason, to stop spamming and to have a system of high risk v.s. high reward. I feel like DE literally forgot the tonkor and mirage simulor meta a few years back in favor of making the use of explosive weapons more casual for people who don't want to think about where they are aiming (they can also fix friendly fire by having the explosive shot pass through your squad members so you don't have players purposely standing in front of you to get you killed). Then all they would have to do for the lag spikes for the weapon is to tweak the cluster amount (lower it to 4-5,) and reduce the visual effects and thats it. Honestly I'm tired of hearing about fun weapons receiving nerfs because it was qoute on quote op (mainly just means that it's too popular) I dont get why DE doesn't buff weapon with interesting mechanics like ferrox, Buzlock, etc. I'm not saying buff 50+ weapon just because. But would like to see more of an incentive to use weapons that don't see much use. Rivens can't be the only system to accomplish that because we all know how bad the riven system is already, so the buffs or tweaks need to come from somewhere else. I mean wouldn't it be nice to be able to use the stug as and acually weapon than to have it as a meme.

Ammo issue with the Bramma? i think people are making it too hard on their brains.

Vigilante Supplies, Ammo Mutation, Carrier, Ammo Pizzas. You have all of this to recover ammo, and even if you don't, arrows are very common ammo drop. If you have ammo issues with the Bramma, then you really need to let go of your trigger happy finger, and stop spamming explosions everywhere like before. Stop using your bramma to kill that one eximus Nox with tons of armor, and use it to deal with crowds where it excels at. This is why you have a secondary weapon and a melee, but i suppose people got so used to the effectiveness of the Bramma, that they forgot they have a secondary gun.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, trst said:

Or make Liches locked behind something like mr15-20. Solves the problem of it impacting new players and solves any ammo concerns as players by that point should have nearly every method to deal with ammo at their disposal.

1: Bramma being OP screws over everyone, because the more OP AoE stuff is in the game, the less or lower quality content DE can actually, practically make.

2: New players are matchmade with old ones with Bramma, so they'd still be effective.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Yeah kinda.

Unfortunatelly her ability is stationery so it breaks the flow of the game when you have stop and wait for the ammo to pop out.

You could always preemptively place one at the start or in the middle of the room, before you run out of ammo. Perhaps even utilise Protea's other abilities in the process - drop a temporal anchor at the start, jump into the middle of the room, place down some turrets, a dispensary and toss some buff grenades back in the direction you came before rewinding back.

Riven increase the cap ammo or use Wukong's clone/Specters fire it.   That is about it

566a12cf670032af5d54b04ee69b2d8e.jpg DE nerf must of gone out control again...

At the time being I could of use Wukong increase the fire rate on the Bramma and simple use my clone just repeatedly firing because Specters or clones never run out ammo.  It is a flaw of their part and even thou they are able to "cap" the specters or clones how much ammo they get exactly, the players will simple just summon another one or replace them for energy cost is just a joke for Wukong and Specters are easily replace because you need to do massive doing rescue missions that is it.  This turn out DE insanity nutshell all over again which don't understand where they are going because once they had a lick of insanity of that chaos they all drive themselves all crazy as in

source.gif

ppl think I am the worst senile person but really I've been acting my mediocre and no I won't take anything seriously because life will not take you seriously.  As again back to the subject I don't think DE never thought this though their nerf because I could just simple look for riven mod that increase massive amount multi-shot and higher fire rate and that is it for welcome back spam-o-ld shots for would of easily return it the way before it is, the Bramma shouldn't be nerf of it's dmg or either the ammo cap for it is just a joke for the truth and they aren't even thinking.  DE never thought thou anything about this at all for the fact.  I think they just trying be serious but they don't know how to think it.  All I can say just let your clone or specter to have the Bramma and that is it.

8 hours ago, Loza03 said:

1: Bramma being OP screws over everyone, because the more OP AoE stuff is in the game, the less or lower quality content DE can actually, practically make.

2: New players are matchmade with old ones with Bramma, so they'd still be effective.

Or, as I also said, just nerf it more. And they certainly can make content that deals with aoe weapons through enemy and map design but that's solving a problem they created themselves.

And if we need to worry about who new players get matched with then we might as well restrict matchmaking by mastery rank or some other metric. Plus the bramma isn't even the worst offender in relation to new players as if they're in content where the bramma's damage can matter then they won't be able to contribute much, if anything, anyways. While if it's lower level content then the Ignis exists which is the worst weapon for ruining content. Really any aoe weapon/frame (overpowered or not) can fully ruin content and experiences for newer players that match up with people using them.

Edited by trst

5 minutes ago, trst said:

Or, as I also said, just nerf it more. And they certainly can make content that deals with aoe weapons through enemy and map design but that's solving a problem they created themselves.

And if we need to worry about who new players get matched with then we might as well restrict matchmaking by mastery rank or some other metric. Plus the bramma isn't even the worst offender in relation to new players as if they're in content where the bramma's damage can matter then they won't be able to contribute much, if anything, anyways. While if it's lower level content then the Ignis exists which is the worst weapon for ruining content. Really any aoe weapon/frame (overpowered or not) can fully ruin content and experiences for newer players that match up with people using them.

I agree. Bramma and company would be a lot less contentious (and, quite frankly, a lot easier to balance) if missions, maps and enemies weren't a one-track mind of 'nuke everything' (with occasional interludes of 'run past everything' or 'kill one specific thing real good', each kept to their own mission types)

On 2020-06-21 at 4:21 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

Liches are not intended for New players, 

OMG watchjng MR 5-10 without the right setups. I just feel sorry for the Liches because they want to get converted.

Edited by kwlingo

There really isn't a problem. Run an ammo mutation mod, or use it sparingly. It's essentially a missile launcher. It shouldn't be endless without a compromise. You do not need to use ammo consumables. You also have sidearms and melee to bridge the gap.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HoustonDragon said:

Vigilante Supplies. It's awesome along with the other Vigilante mods for the extra damage.

True, but I mentioned Arrow Mutation because one is more likely to have that on hand compared to Vigilante Supplies.

so bramma, the nerf for now is ok in my own perspective.

unspammable and only for decisive moment like large mob

evethough some players overcome the ammo issues, but still ok for now.

it is not hurting my eyes so it is ok 

how to solve a problem?
No way. The developer specifically made the weapon unplayable. So unplayable that it makes no sense even to play warframe.

Because the developer has taken the course. Consistently and methodically remove the most popular content from the game so that players pay more donations while pumping other weapons.

And everything will be repeated. Players will have a new popular weapon, SJW will appear, who will complain about the bright special effects. The developer will ruin this weapon in the same way as it ruined the brahma, and everyone will run in a circle, pumping new and new weapons.

And each time more and more really good weapons will be destroyed until the developer realizes that the game is in crisis. And then they add to the game more new warframes and weapons that will be imbalanced. Players will again arrange a zerg rush on the server, and everything will go in a new circle.

Not without reason, in a warframe, unlike all MMOs, all weapons are already available at half the maximum level, after several weeks of play. And to raise the level - you need to buy and pump weapons.

Because in a normal MMO, a player who reaches the end game no longer changes weapons. He does not need it, he got the best and always uses it. But this does not bring money, so the developers went along the path of creating a kind of financial pyramid of virtual values.

Something valuable is created, the victim wants it for himself, receives it, then it depreciates and all the money invested by the victim remains in the owner of the pyramid. And he offers a new value, and so on over and over again.

This is how a warframe works. Donation Collection Machine.

On 2020-06-22 at 4:28 AM, (NSW)Nightcore said:

Honestly, the easiest way to stop players from mindlessly spamming the Kuva Bramma is too... BRING BACK SELF DAMAGE! Boom, problem solved. Self damage was in place for that very reason, to stop spamming and to have a system of high risk v.s. high reward. I feel like DE literally forgot the tonkor and mirage simulor meta a few years back in favor of making the use of explosive weapons more casual for people who don't want to think about where they are aiming (they can also fix friendly fire by having the explosive shot pass through your squad members so you don't have players purposely standing in front of you to get you killed). Then all they would have to do for the lag spikes for the weapon is to tweak the cluster amount (lower it to 4-5,) and reduce the visual effects and thats it. Honestly I'm tired of hearing about fun weapons receiving nerfs because it was qoute on quote op (mainly just means that it's too popular) I dont get why DE doesn't buff weapon with interesting mechanics like ferrox, Buzlock, etc. I'm not saying buff 50+ weapon just because. But would like to see more of an incentive to use weapons that don't see much use. Rivens can't be the only system to accomplish that because we all know how bad the riven system is already, so the buffs or tweaks need to come from somewhere else. I mean wouldn't it be nice to be able to use the stug as and acually weapon than to have it as a meme.

Self damage is too random. 

Wait ... bramma has an ammo problem? "Looks at my [Vigilante Supplies] and [Carrier Prime]" ... I really don't see where the problem is.

To put it bluntly, Bramma (and any other Kuva weapon tbh), was never intended to be useable by new players, it has always been a thing for those that have a better understanding of the game's mechanics, and how to maximize the potential of their loadout, the weapons themselves have a Mastery Rank required to obtain, but is completely bypassed by the method of acquisition.

That being said, the moment you say "This is a problem for new players" I roll my eyes, it's not a problem for them, as they shouldn't have had access to the weapon in the first place, it has been rendered non-effective for them precisely because they shouldn't be using it when they're new, unless they have the capability of bypassing the ammo restrictions (which is something players that have spent a considerable amount of time playing can do).

If you, as a new player, still enjoy this weapon, and have obtained the means with which to make it useable in missions, then congratulations, you're doing better than people that whine on the forums about it.

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome!

33 minutes ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

Self damage is too random. 

Random isn't the right word, the issue with Self-damage was that it was like shooting yourself with damage that could kill even Inaros in 1 or 2 hits.

Had they put a cap on how much of a percentage you could have taken in one hit, or made it only run off base damage, or LITERALLY ANYTHING OTHER THAN "oops I hit my toe, -1 revive" then it might have been fine, but what it was before just made it flat out less practical than Warframe nuking.

But because there were so many people calling it "fine" it got massive pushback and we wound up with the opposite extreme, instead of a middle ground, admittedly self-stagger is the lesser of two evils, if only because instant death because your Kavat walked in front of you was obscenely stupid.

11 hours ago, Orellani said:

There really isn't a problem. Run an ammo mutation mod, or use it sparingly. It's essentially a missile launcher. It shouldn't be endless without a compromise. You do not need to use ammo consumables. You also have sidearms and melee to bridge the gap.

All these so-called solutions are much too complicated. 

When Tiltskillet click mouse, Tiltskillet need EXPLOSIONS.  Tiltskillet click mouse no EXPLOSIONS, Tiltskillet ANGRY!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

All these so-called solutions are much too complicated. 

When Tiltskillet click mouse, Tiltskillet need EXPLOSIONS.  Tiltskillet click mouse no EXPLOSIONS, Tiltskillet ANGRY!

Rude Zuud: "Click, BANG! Their limbs fall off"

I think that the bramma deserved a nerf, but that the core issue wasn't really corrected. People used the bramma because without self-damage, it excelled in all situations. Post nerf, it still excels in all situations, but people are mad because there isn't enough ammo to use it in all situations. In my opinion, a better nerf would have been to require the bramma's explosive arrows to fly for a certain amount of time before arming. That way the bramma becomes a single-target weapon in close quarters, while retaining it's AOE ability at longer ranges. This would also differentiate it from the lenz, which has an AOE at all ranges.

Edited by SignatureChewy