Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entry 2 – Oct 15, 2013

[DE]Grineeer

A little addition to fuel rods aka. carry the datamass / objective.

I think Mass Effect 3's version of carry the objetive was way more interesting. Instead of reducing the players offensive ability it simply reduced the players speed (and dodging).

Since you don't have any problems in reducing the players speed for a long period of time (Frost, Rhino, double hobbled debuff). You could slow the player down (to a set minimum instead of a percentual reduction) while they carry the objective on their back.

So the player will have full controll over their character but is just slowed down (just what the hobbled debuff does).

This way players put themself in danger as a target and the team has to ensure you are save from harm. That would even increase teamplay during a game.

So put a backback in the game that slows the player down and highlights him so the other players know what they have to do.

Mission Types:

We mentioned on Livestream 10 (?) that we have begun to re-work some of the mission types in the game. You saw the first new mission type (Survival) in Update 10. We are ramping up our efforts to get these re-work/additions out in a faster manner. The goal of the mission re-work is to make the missions less about going to point A, do something and then get to exit. We also want to add a scoring mechanism to each mission type so we can rank and reward players on the weekly leaderboards that have been recently added to the game. Currently we are working on the Sabotage mission type.

Improving Sabotage

• Your mission is to destroy the reactor as usual, how you accomplish this will be changed.

• Fuel rods located through the mission need to be sabotaged and delivered to the reactor.

• Carrying the fuel rods depletes your shields, you may need to drop them to recharge or switch between players.

• Fuel rods have a health - if you are carrying one you see its health; if you are hit a % of damage goes to the fuel rod. Don't be carrying it when it goes off!

• One fuel rod must be delivered to the reactor in order to complete the sabotage mission.

• More fuel rods = more points and less time to extract

• Spawning will become more intense over the course of the mission. Reaching its height when the reactor blows up.

Scoring will be determined by number of rods brought to the reactor, and the reactor itself.

• Players have limited time to extract based on number rods used.

• Exploding Hazards when extracting the mission: Flame vents, exploding heat, randomly decompressing the last few zones

I am curious and a bit worried how this will work for solo players.

From what I can read this mode or rework of the mode sounds very team oriented... Now don't get me wrong - I like what I am reading so far.

But sometimes you just want to play alone and this just sounds like a pain to do as a solo player...

But I bet Mr.Grinneer has taken us lone wolves into account amirite??

These changes sound very interesting.  I have to wonder if a mission could fail though if there is only a certain number of rods to put in and all the rods are destroyed.

And I hope that the drain is small or non existent on the beginner planets because new players have almost no shields already.  Perhaps it is a percentage drain if it is a lower level frame carrying it on the first few planets?

Over the idea on sabotage it sounds cool and all but I think there needs to either be an explanation or at a certain point in time while time to escape is nearing its end, or a few rooms before the exit the spawns decrease. It wouldn't make sense if the entire army chased you right up to your exit point and die in the ship. I heard of captains sinking with the ship, but not an entire army that could be useful elsewhere... alive...

That could probably be explained as enemies flocking towards the escape pods, the same as you, in an attempt to escape.

I find the Sabotage changes you speak of to be a bad idea.

I for one think sabotage needs to be pulled and replace with a raid version where you steal the rods to make the reactors to go crit and you get bonus if you can stealth (no alarms sounded) to the reactor to get the rods, and make it so the enemies want the rod back but doesn't want to damage it one bit so they try knock the hold down instead of just blowing it and the holder up. And if they do knock them down, they pick it up and run for the reactor to plug it back in where you have to stop them from doing so or you'll have to do it all over again.

You won't have rushers with that idea I can tell you that as it pays to take your time.

I said my two cents, take it or leave it, It only my opinion on it, but I think it will be better then suicide rods while infinite number of enemy clog the rooms to and from the reactor.

Sounds fun!

One question, though, which I'm sure people already asked, but here it goes: Carrying fuel rods works as current datamass carrying (so you're not able to use primary), or you just put it away and use weapons normally?

Because I would prefer, and I'm sure a lot of others would as well, the second option.

Mission Types
Improving Sabotage sounds really challenging and interesting! I think this will make the vet players really happy!

However, the mission itself was never bad in the first place,
I for one got very excited doing that mission for the first time, and still fine with it now, too.
And I think the improvement version is kinda complicate for people who tries to get into the game.

If it were to be applied completely to every map including the early level map it may turn the new players off.

It would be nice if this can be applied to higher level maps,
(since the vets doesn't seem to go back to low level planet much even if they were to farm for resources,
they would prefer survival map anyway.)

or as random condition specially the countdown to extraction part.

Warframe reviews:

Woohooo DEMegan FTW! XD

Edited by yuikami

Mission Types

Improving Sabotage sounds really challenging and interesting! I think this will make the vet players really happy!

However, the mission itself was never bad in the first place,

I for one got very excited doing that mission for the first time, and still fine with it now, too.

And I think the improvement version is kinda complicate for people who tries to get into the game.

If it were to be applied completely to every map including the early level map it may turn the new players off.

It would be nice if this can be applied to higher level maps,

(since the vets doesn't seem to go back to low level planet much even if they were to farm for resources,

they would prefer survival map anyway.)

or as random condition specially the countdown to extraction part.

Warframe reviews:

Woohooo DEMegan FTW! XD

I completely agree with your comment, yuikami. We don't want to push away new players. It may be best for the newer Sabotage to be on later missions, rather than the earlier ones.

The same should go for future mode changes. I like the idea of missions being more unique and having something more to do in them. You just don't want to push away new players in the process. So they are better on later missions.

Edited by UltimaHiryuu

• Fixing Ember and making sure she isn't just four of the same style abilities.

If this was the actual problem you would get people complaining about Vauban who has 4 CC abilities but there isnt any, innit?

You as well as everyone else knows that she has 4 totally different powers that fall into 4 totally different situations. That's a fact.

The problem here is the same problem that people had with Rhino back when you first changed Iron Skin, there are a certain group of folks that dont fell like using Rhino in his role so they complain and make up excuses why something need to be changed. And there are people who dont fell like using Ember for what she was built to because dotting isnt their thing.

I ask you to seriously reconsider making any huge changes, there are a lot of frames currently and we know more are coming. So if a person doesnt wish to adjust to a specific one they have enough of a choice in others, dont mess up a frame for some people because another section is complaining.

And if you are going to do a tremendous change i suggest that you leave in the original ability cards so the people who are fine with her can continue on. I've mentioned this since the Rhino change.That has the added benefit to making the frames have further customization as you can mix and match powers for different situation and now with loadout this seems like a perfect idea.

Now, this will of course not include old power that you feel need a change because of gameplay problems, you know, the old Iron Skin and Overheat. I mean the powers that take a hit and are a lost like we lost Radial Blast and original Stomp. So if you are going to take away Overheat for some buff just leave it, if you are going to change World on Fire for something else... just leave it. Plus this would have solved the Pull problem from the very beginning as people would have a choice on what Pull they can use because there are people that like the new one just are there are people that like the old one.

• Trinity: Link needs a damage review.

Make sure she stops linking with cameras and turrets.