Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entry 2 – Oct 15, 2013

[DE]Grineeer

• Carrying the fuel rods depletes your shields, you may need to drop them to recharge or switch between players.

• Fuel rods have a health - if you are carrying one you see its health; if you are hit a % of damage goes to the fuel rod. Don't be carrying it when it goes off!

Eww.  If/when this goes live, Sabotage missions are going in my "do once for the unlock, avoid forever after" category of missions.  Everything else looks doable.  These two things?  Eww.  Just ... Eww.

Eww.  If/when this goes live, Sabotage missions are going in my "do once for the unlock, avoid forever after" category of missions.  Everything else looks doable.  These two things?  Eww.  Just ... Eww.

sort of agree

its not really all that different just harder (harder good)

wish there was more than one way to sabotage the ship more options would be good

Carrying stuff? That's exactly what I hate about Spy/Deception. Weren't those getting reworked just to get rid of this stuff?

I am dissapoint.

They never said you carry it in your hands though. If I was to carry a radioactive fuel rod I'd definitely have it in a safer place than my butter fingers hands.

As long as there is a higher incentive to play the newly complex sabotage (more credits for more cores?), I'll give it a few swings. However, I wish to note that I can run Ambulas on Pluto without taking any damage at all by using Maglev/Rush and a maxed out soma and carrier + sweeper to destroy all the level 70s. If I can just grab a core, sprint to the reactor, drop it in, and run out while taking negligible damage, it's pretty changing it from spawn > A > extraction to spawn > A > B > extraction. The shield penalty means nothing to someone who doesn't take hits at all and can stack up hp to 800-1000 using the hp-tankiest and stealthiest fast frame aka Ash. In fact, people could just mod a fast frame like Ash with: smoke, vitality, steel fiber, streamline, flow, rage, quick thinking, rush, and maglev. That could let anyone solo this mode by being a fast and stealthy hp tank. It's just like playing a no-shield spy mission on nightmare for which there are modsets that enable maximum rush and hp tank.

Just some food for thought. I really like the idea and I think it'll be interesting, but I can see ways in which it could be farmed as easily as a nightmare can be farmed.

Edited by Trainer772

Nice changes, keep up the good work.

I understand that some of Ember, Mag and Trinity's abilities need to be fixed but Volt's first and fourth abilities have needed a looking at for far longer than 3 frames which have undergone significant changes as of late.

When, if at all, can we expect some changes to be made to Volt because against anything other than corpus his abilities are severely lacking if not almost useless.

Edit - Didn't see that you had already brought up the volt issues.

Edited by Temporary

Happy with everything so far but i got two questions

Q1: will we be able to "swap" abilities between same wf but different gender if we have both?

Q2: what about Loki? lots threads with suggestions. 100% of them say that decoy needs a review, invisibility should affect the sentinel and radial disarm should do something vs infested (not killing chargers and don't affect anyone else) like a stun for 2-3 seconds

the new sabotage mission sounds great. a higher risk higher reward system for this mission makes a lot of sence. but how many fuel rods can be carried by one warframe? only one so a max of 4 can be brought to the reactor or will they be stackable like the datamass?

Dear god, that new mission type looks awfull, its sorta deception with the fun sucked out, not like deception is actually that fun to begin with.

I'll give you props for sabotage, love that one but this ? It offers nothing new or interesting.

Mag pull OP, well yes, in Mercury.

Mission Types:

We mentioned on Livestream 10 (?) that we have begun to re-work some of the mission types in the game. You saw the first new mission type (Survival) in Update 10. We are ramping up our efforts to get these re-work/additions out in a faster manner. The goal of the mission re-work is to make the missions less about going to point A, do something and then get to exit. We also want to add a scoring mechanism to each mission type so we can rank and reward players on the weekly leaderboards that have been recently added to the game. Currently we are working on the Sabotage mission type.

Improving Sabotage

• Your mission is to destroy the reactor as usual, how you accomplish this will be changed.

• Fuel rods located through the mission need to be sabotaged and delivered to the reactor.

• Carrying the fuel rods depletes your shields, you may need to drop them to recharge or switch between players.

• Fuel rods have a health - if you are carrying one you see its health; if you are hit a % of damage goes to the fuel rod. Don't be carrying it when it goes off!

• One fuel rod must be delivered to the reactor in order to complete the sabotage mission.

• More fuel rods = more points and less time to extract

• Spawning will become more intense over the course of the mission. Reaching its height when the reactor blows up.

Scoring will be determined by number of rods brought to the reactor, and the reactor itself.

• Players have limited time to extract based on number rods used.

• Exploding Hazards when extracting the mission: Flame vents, exploding heat, randomly decompressing the last few zones

I like most of that but I am not a fan of the part where it depletes shields.

I get the theoretical fun of the managing your shield energy/knowing when to put things down and when to pick things up...

Though I feel like the difficulty and challenge should come from what is thrown at us not what is taken away.

I hope changing Embers ult is only first and not last thing from list of changes she needs. Cos way I see it you really messed up her concept in game by making her a tank witch made large part of community to attach to it. Don't get me wrong I'm not asking for OH reversion to what it was. More then that, I wish you do big overhaul to ember that so that she wouldn't become a tank or a brawler but become a truly offensive caster frame that she meant to be.

I concerned about this so much be cos I understand that for developer it is easier to do small changes to optimally adapt to concept that works rather then do radical changes to mechanics. If Ember to become what she was intended to be her abilities shouldn't require to get close to enemies.

Now please give us the hint that you really are going to stick to vision of ember as caster artillery not malee warrior.

New Warframe:

The new "non-caster" Warframe doesn't really mean her powers aren't executed in the same manner as the rest of the Warframes. By non-caster I mean more like Rhino, she will be about getting in the enemies face and beating them to death. We are going to try some wackier stuff with her abilities though. I want to use more of the systems from the game in her power design. More info in the coming weeks.

That...sounds...AWESOME!  I'm really looking forward to it.

Keep up the good work!  ^.^

Carrying stuff? That's exactly what I hate about Spy/Deception. Weren't those getting reworked just to get rid of this stuff?

I am dissapoint.

I hate wit especially when the damn thing breaks. The data-mass tend to disappear or get dropped accidentally/lost during host migration, someone dropping, waypoint bugging, or it not re-spawning when it falls into unreachable locations.

I think spy mission that reward stealth would be cool.

Please make sure the rod takes damage as rhino takes damage. I dont want the only viable way to be Iron skin the rods around.

Aside from that, keep up the great work. I really like having options in missions and not just running and gunning as fast as you can.

While i'm seriously hyped about the new warframe (i've always been more of a CQC player), i'm also worried.

The current working theme seems to be "berzerker", and that tends to mean high melee damage, mobility, medium to none armor, and the ability to ignore damage for short periods of time. All cool, though i tend to prefer a little bit more survivability than Berzerkers traditionally represent.

Now my worry is that while currently all warframes CAN enter melee combat, there are only two ways to do it EFFECTIVELY, and they both pretty much depend on defenses.

One is the Rhino way, thanks to Iron Skin, he can essentially ignore potentially lethal threats like knockback/down, poison or energy drain (don't ya just love Ancients?).

The second way is invisibility, with Loki and Ash simply denying them mobs a target for their abilities while mowing them down, though area knockbacks and poison are still a major threat.

Sure, all others can swing a sword too, its just not really advisable unless you happen to have a spammable, casterlike aoe crowd control ability (Sonic Boom, Radial Blind), and even then its usually a lot more efficient and easy to just hose them down with your Soma...

This may or may not be a silly suggestion, but might appease both crowds.

First, I'd like to talk about the fuel rods. My thoughts on this differ from others because I'm a melee and ragdolling fanatic, but maybe this will be acceptable for most: nabbing a fuel rod (you can only carry one) means you have no access to any of your weapons. The upside is that the fuel rod itself is a melee weapon that swings like a Fragor and hits like the Kogake's charge strike. A charged attack will be your Tenno breaching the fuel rod's containment for an instant (or something to that effect), thus generating a huge AOE blast with knockdown that applies debilitating effects. (think a smaller Molecular Prime without the explosions plus knockdown) Doing this charged strike would be free once per fuel rod, but beyond that and the fuel rod starts counting as "part" of a fuel rod. (A good starting number for "counted" capacity might be 5 (6 charge attacks in all) so it's above 50% after 3 (charges used) but drops below 50% after 4 (charges used). Also, no fuel rods exploding on you. Just blasts when you charge it.

TL;DR: The fuel rod IS your weapon. A lulzy/ragdolling melee weapon with an explosive attack. It won't just blow up.

My idea is that there would be a (hopefully well-defended) reactor room similar to the current state. However, there would be 3 grades of mission success: acceptable, good, and excellent.

TL;DR: choose your completion/reward grade by your actions

Acceptable: You mosey on in to the reactor room, chew the poor thing up a bit, and check out. Basically, you wreaked some serious havoc in the ship by spraying some reactor innards around (possibly with personal danger involved[!?]), but nothing they can't fix too quickly. This approach will probably reward just as Sabotage missions do now, possibly less. This is very uncomplex and quick thus good for new players and speedrunners.

TL;DR: same old, same old.

Good: You take the time to (without stealth) snag at least one of those fuel rods (one will always be pretty close to the reactor) and shove it somewhere to start the reactor overloading. As long as you have above 50% of the capacity of one fuel rod present, it works. The outcome for this is that they have time to shut the reactor down before it makes Apocalypse Wow, but you've already started the reactor overloading so it does major damage anyway. This will reward on or above the current level for Sabotage missions, and is still reasonably speedrunnable as there isn't much fetching.

TL;DR: grab one fuel rod and plug it in for better rewards

Excellent: Either you grab enough fuel rod power that the overloading process (even though they shut the reactor off) sustains itself sufficiently to blow the ship to bits (say, cell size + 1? [eg 2,3,4, or 5]), or you stealthily get in and hack the reactor panel to shut its safeguards and alarms off before planting at least 50% of a fuel rod's capacity (since they don't notice you and the reactor doesn't warn them, the ship just blows up without warning [yay trolling!] :3). Anyways, this will reward substantially better than the other two levels because it involves either stealth(!!) or wandering about looking for fuel rods before making at least two trips to the reactor room. Anyways, this will appease completionists and somewhat help the issue of stealth.

TL;DR: be a stealthy ninja with one fuel rod or just plant a whole bunch of fuel rods for moar profit

Awesome/Epic: Not only do you do what you need to do to get an Excellent by stealth, but you also plant enough fuel rods to get an Excellent by sheer power level. This results in the ship abruptly vaporizing itself with no warning outside of a s******ing Tenno or few sneaking to Extraction... which must have been the wind.

<,<

>.>

Anyways, this results in either absurdly awesome rewards or just serious bragging rights with a side of Excellent rewards.

TL;DR: be a stealthy ninja with moar fuel rods for EVAN MOAR prawfit

Final result: the "change haters" can do as they always have, the stealth lovers can get some modicum of benefit out of it, and everyone gets an *optionally* more dynamic mission as they please.

Hopefully, everyone will be pleased.

PS: the fuel rods would work just fine as something you put on your back/hold like a datamass, but I like my idea better :P

So, thoughts, suggestions, feedback, flame? Come one, come all.

Edited by L33tV154g3

MODIFICATION OF MAG PRIME: PULL ABILITY:

1.) I'm a Mag Prime user; frankly, I think it is a horribly traumatizing thought to modify pull in any way mentioned above! Though, if this is absolutely necessary, it wouldn't be too bad if it were the range. I'd be furious if you decreased the damage! 

2.) PULL MODIFICATION IDEA

*The final portion of pull, primarily for the injured opponents, instead of being packed bunched around Mag's feet...  

* It would be a more appealing, & plausible, idea if you added a ''cease pull'' effect.

* Such as, after Pull has been started, for the enemy to be pulled completely to Mag, the player would need to hold that key. 

*The powers effect would be final, once Mag's ''Personal space'' has been invaded by all of the powers victims. 

*But, if some one wants the enemies to simply be ripped from their feet, and not in melee range, they could simply release the key.

*The effect of this would be more plausible physics, being that the initial ''pull'' of the power is violent & swift, if/when the player releases the key before the end of the ''pull'', the victims should simply be 'tossed'. They would land where the laws of inertia & gravity would land them, and even tumble a bit.

A Real Life Comparison: 

Imagine there is a damaged wall of an airborne 757 jet, full of ppl, suddenly a weakened wall breaks open & is now an 8ft-15ft in diameter hole, everything will be, just like Mag's Pull, swiftly & violently yanked through that hole; BUT, unlike Pull, in this real life scenario, the victims fly off until the momentum of the initial force has depleted, than gravity does a ''pull'' of its own, & the victims again accelerate, but at the whim of the laws of physics(gravity already has been at work, but its effects wouldn't be very noticeable to begin, not until the initial force, velocity, & momentum from the 'vacuum' are mostly depleted). Gravity kicks in, and the victims again accelerate,  and reach Terminal Velocity(which varies) until, depending on angle of projection, they slam down, slap & bounce, or crash & tumble.

Environmental Variables Must Be Considered:, The atmospheric conditions would have an effect on the projection & terminal velocity of the victims, too. .

Example: So, high up in the atmosphere its cold, the ''air'' is ''denser'' or ''thicker'' (particles of micro-matter/energy are closer together). The colder it is, the more friction encountered. The closer to the earth's surface that they get, the warmer it gets, so, the air has less friction and the acceleration peaks @ a higher 'Terminal Velocity' (about, but not at all restricted to, 56m/s(120mph)). 

Not positive my physics terminology is accurate. If you think this is applicable to Mag's Pull power, it would definitely be better to get a clearer, more precise, explanation/report with equations to be able to program with(or to accurately understand). 

Summary - LONG STORY SHORT:

Make Mag's pull have a charge syle, ''hole in a plane'', release-key function

I know a lot of people are making comments about the new ideas revealed in the post (and rightly so - there is a lot to think about when it comes to the info about the new mode), I would like to ask about the (continuous?) development of the one that has already been introduced, namely: Survival.

Is Survival still 'on the table' when it comes to possible improvements or are all efforts now redirected into the development of new mission types?

I am sure everyone knows what I mean - the extraction requirements. A lot of players (me included ) feel that we have moved from one 'less than ideal' system to another when it comes to extraction in survival. In the previous system players that did not want to play past 5 minutes could extract everyone simply by going to extraction... But now, after the changes, we are often 'forced' to play a mission much longer than we would like to, simply because it is virtually impossible to end it if even one of the players wants to push on. 

A much more elegant solution would be to allow players to extract at will - leaving less and less players to fight the mobs as mission progresses, and in such way leaving the option to fight and get more rewards to everyone separately. 

Bottom line: Is survival still being looked at or are we in a 'what you see is what you get, so suck it up and stop complaining' situation? :)

PS - Thanks for all the news! They look great!

This would be a good idea for all missions ,why do I have to leave the mission just because two of the players rush through to the end and it gives them to much power over how I wish to play the game

Edited by Jazz0411