Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha prime access weapon predictions

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Assuming it's Nezha... ( It wouldn't shock me if it was Inaros, or if the prime release was delayed...)

Was really hoping for Lacera Prime for a while, but the release of Ceti Lacera makes that unlikely, I think.

Single dagger Prime is way overdue, but even though prime weapons don't really need to call back to the prime frame,  I'm gonna say that's more likely with Inaros.

More chance of a secondary, since there wasn't one with Titania.

I'd bet they're under pressure to make these these popular weapons, so I'm going to say..

Most likely:  Guandao and Akmagnus

What I'd love that isn't totally unlikely:  Daikyu or Veldt or Furis or Okina.

What I'd love that isn't going to happen: Ripkas and Sonicor, screw the lore.

What I fear:  Corvas Prime and Xiphos Prime.  Or Parazon Prime.  Or any archmelee.  Or...really there's a lot I'm afraid of. 😛

AFAIK they have never primed the akimbo version of a secondary weapon before the standalone version, so it's more likely to be magnus prime than akmagnus prime.

1 hour ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

AFAIK they have never primed the akimbo version of a secondary weapon before the standalone version, so it's more likely to be magnus prime than akmagnus prime.

Akbolto Prime says hi. Same could <almost> be said about the Akjagara Prime, but there is no single variant of those. Also, we have had some prime weapons with no basic version such as the Dakra Prime and Euphona Prime, so there have been times DE has pulled something out of their behind when it comes to prime weapons that don't fit the normal framework.

4 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I see Daikyu requests a lot too.  But I see non-launcher bows used in actual missions so rarely, I wonder if DE might regard Daikyu as a risky choice?  Like, it might be popular with some outspoken fanatics, but not with the meta-chasers looking for a new hot thing.  Let alone all the people just trying to keep up with them.

Obviously I don't know--its just fun to speculate.

If daikyu prime got a massive boost to draw time it could get easily be a hit, since it has a amalgam mod and the spring broad head mod the slow rate of fire is what holds the the weapon from being used from other bows

6 hours ago, Galuf said:

Skiajati and Daikyu prime would match with Nezha

How an Orokin-style weapon grafted from Excalibur Umbra's flesh has an Orokin-style upgrade and gets assigned to another frame is beyond me.

4 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I see Daikyu requests a lot too.  But I see non-launcher bows used in actual missions so rarely, I wonder if DE might regard Daikyu as a risky choice?  Like, it might be popular with some outspoken fanatics, but not with the meta-chasers looking for a new hot thing.  Let alone all the people just trying to keep up with them.

Obviously I don't know--its just fun to speculate.

Daikyu is pretty popular because of its Amalgam mod.

Daikyu Prime would have been great for Ivara P, Ivara even got a samurai themed skin. (but i'm hoping for Daikyu anyways)

Not entirely sure about Chinese weapons, but composite recurve bows might have been more commonly used.

While i'm personally not hyped for Guandao, it will likely be released with Nezha Prime, or maybe it will be a Glaive, that might be interesting.

Zakti looks like a 'ninja' themed pistol. (while irl. Shinobi probably never used anything like that)

There's not a lot of Chinese themed weapons in Warframe.

1 hour ago, Xaero said:

Daikyu is pretty popular because of its Amalgam mod.

Prediction:  Daikyu Prime is exactly the same as the base version except for lower disposition and a passive bonus to nikana damage and SHWICK SHWICK sounds.  Most of the  people using it for the amalgam mod are delighted because  they have yet to realize it's a bow and not a weird syandana attachment.  😛

DE doesn't care about thematic consistency too much. 

So they will pair one popular weapon and one unpopular weapon as has normally been the case so far. 

Assuming it's Nezha,

I expect there to be a secondary let's see....  Talons is not very popular I think. 

And a melee guandao fits, but so does gunsen. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I’d love to see the usage data between Nezha and Inaros, since they’re both up for the next male Prime Access. Whichever is used more will be the bigger expected seller.

But back on topic, definitely Guandao Prime for Nezha Prime.

Wukong released in China before Atlas released in the west. Wukong released in the west after Atlas released in the west. Wukong Prime came before Atlas prime, and his design and rework were planned at least a year in advance, meaning it wasn't a last-second choice. By these circumstances, it is almost guaranteed we get Nezha Prime first. As a Nezha main, I'd love that of course. But if DE decided to shake things up (which they NEVER do with PA, except to get the Switch releases on par with the other platforms), I wouldn't be too disappointed in seeing Inaros Prime come beforehand, since I love Egyptian history and mythology and have been deeply into it since I was a child.

10 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

No. It's either Nezha Prime or Inaros Prime. The next 2 frames in line are interchangeable. 

No, not given how Wukong Prime released before Atlas Prime. It's safe to assume DE is going by technicality, and Wukong technically released before Atlas, even if it was a Chinese exclusive. It's the very same case for Nezha. Of course I could be wrong, but that's my  very educated guess.

4 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

No, not given how Wukong Prime released before Atlas Prime. It's safe to assume DE is going by technicality, and Wukong technically released before Atlas, even if it was a Chinese exclusive. It's the very same case for Nezha. Of course I could be wrong, but that's my  very educated guess.

Tennocon 2019

Plans: On stage reveal for a same day release:

Choices:

1) Extremely popular frame due to a (Then) recent rework.

2) Extremely unpopular frame. So unpopular that when it got its eventual Prime release it had the shortest Prime Access duration on record (77 days; just 2 and a half months).

What was the logical choice there? Actually, no choice at all given the context of how it was presented and released.

8 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Wukong released in China before Atlas released in the west. Wukong released in the west after Atlas released in the west. Wukong Prime came before Atlas prime, and his design and rework were planned at least a year in advance, meaning it wasn't a last-second choice. By these circumstances, it is almost guaranteed we get Nezha Prime first. As a Nezha main, I'd love that of course. But if DE decided to shake things up (which they NEVER do with PA, except to get the Switch releases on par with the other platforms), I wouldn't be too disappointed in seeing Inaros Prime come beforehand, since I love Egyptian history and mythology and have been deeply into it since I was a child.

Banshee came before Valkyr, and yet Valkyr Prime came before Banshee Prime.

Same with Zephyr and Mirage, yet Mirage Prime came first and then Zephyr Prime.

Never forget, there’s no guarantee. Whichever is more popular will be the bigger seller, and will most likely be primed first then the other.

On 2020-06-22 at 6:10 AM, Jarriaga said:

Tennocon 2019

Plans: On stage reveal for a same day release:

Choices:

1) Extremely popular frame due to a (Then) recent rework.

2) Extremely unpopular frame. So unpopular that when it got its eventual Prime release it had the shortest Prime Access duration on record (77 days; just 2 and a half months).

What was the logical choice there? Actually, no choice at all given the context of how it was presented and released.

The rework was planned in preparation for the prime in order to sell prime access packs. The prime was planned first, as all are in order of initial release and MMFF. However, nobody would've bought Wukong's PA in the state be was in -- they needed to make it appealing, so they reworked him. I honestly thought this was common knowledge.

Atlas still worked decently, therefore didn't warrant a rework to sell prime access packs.

Though he does need Pablo's touch.

On 2020-06-22 at 10:49 AM, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Banshee came before Valkyr, and yet Valkyr Prime came before Banshee Prime.

Same with Zephyr and Mirage, yet Mirage Prime came first and then Zephyr Prime.

Never forget, there’s no guarantee. Whichever is more popular will be the bigger seller, and will most likely be primed first then the other.

You're right, there's no guarantee. I'm just saying what's more likely. Given we haven't heard a peep about an Inaros rework, I'm doubting it's him. Although Inaros does have enough of a fanbase to sell PA, so a rework is probably not even warranted.

Even though I'd prefer Nezha, Inaros Prime is my 2nd most anticipated PA, so I don't mind much who comes first.

Ohhhhh man, watching you guys sweat over the Guandao is actually funny, remember when everyone was so confident about Ivara and daikyu prime (yeah genius). The marketing team argument holds little if any weight, if their marketing team was good at marketing we would have a million different skins for a million different weapons (where they at though). They are catering to two different markets and Nezha will definitely not be passed up for Inaros in July. My call is in agreement with Daikyu with the possibility of the Talons. The melee weapons, and here’s the curve, Karyst/Gunsen. We have an over abundance of polearm/stave weapons already primed as opposed to the much forgotten single dagger and warfan, considering a new warfan skin was dropped because so many people were begging for it (crickets) further makes this seem plausible. A notable third is the Gazal machete but I’m just not feeling like DE would follow up a sword with a machete. As for the fate of the okina, since the fang prime has made its glorious return to relevance I don’t think there’s any way the okina could/would be able to compete and would be essentially irrelevant. 

il y a 48 minutes, (XB1)Orcus Imperium a dit :

I don't think Skiajati is the weapon you're looking for here...guandao is more likely as it has more chinese influence than the katana.

It make sense :). 3 year old weapon so it is also more likely. Would probably powercreep over  Orthos prime.

Archived