Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is the gilding back for Nightwave?

vomder

I wouldn't mind this challenge so much if Gilding as a system was not such a cheap development move. If we didn't have to start with a totally useless weapon just because of a polarity and if it was just a simple process of levelling up (we should be able to use catalysts) I'd be all for it. Specially if I had the chance to buy a Primary Kitgun, which I don't.

• Like 1

At least make it an elite weekly!

It takes longer to do this (if you are also building the weapon) than it does to do both of the current elite weeklies combined... I mean, come on DE!

Edited by Els236
  • Like 3

its even stupider for people that just have every modular weapon horded in their inventory. its the most worthless act in the game, is gated behind ether crafting time or platinum, then you need to go through the effort of max ranking the weapon, AND it consumes resources, to get something that most people already have and never need or want to do again.

• Like 5

il y a 4 minutes, (XB1)Skippy575 a dit :

Skip it. Let those who have stuff to guild do it. 

Yeah, I'm already rank 30 on NW and have done every single challenge up until now. This is likely the first one I WILL skip.

• Like 1

Tombfinger was the last kitgun I had to level for mastery, so I made a critical-focused tombfinger primary. Would recommend. I took high reload speed over mag as well and use the arcane for battery ammo, infinite rocket rifle. 🙂

Edited by KochDerFrettchen
  • Like 1

okay so i just got dropped off and disconected after waiting at the gate to go to the plains for the 5 missions requirements, should be more like 7k honestly also i think nightwave needs other enemies and types of rewards, the glass enemies are cool but i think there shoul

dbbeen other glass weapons,l garamods, or blueprints, and kunai adjustments to go along with the themes, as far as the players complaining about parazon kills and mote amp, or gilding, i think those should be set up to be like "secret" or "optional" SIDEQUEST so players get POINTS or Crystals when they talk to those NPC, that said, visiting any shop, or syndicate could have their own set of nightwave sidequest or subquest to make syndicate and shopping more interesting, maybe playtesting some weapons is what am really good at, so players using those weapons just get points instead of XP or if they are maxed out, or have capped their standing they get Other items, shards and rewards for quest, so that the high level players can walk around getting different items and rivens to playtest, and also answer to distress signals from nearaby bounties and infested/invations of nearby.

3 hours ago, Els236 said:

At least make it an elite weekly!

It takes longer to do this (if you are also building the weapon) than it does to do both of the current elite weeklies combined... I mean, come on DE!

yeah i think the list should expand to other NPC and shops, and bounties/ or PVP where seen fitting, the players have alot of planets to explore, if you see the game destiny, you can spend alot of time doinb public events and staying in one planet for a really long time, before moving on to other planets, and submissions, sidequest, so it should be good that each planet at least get some extras, that can be additional rewards, more enemies, or special mods, especially if the players perform rituals, or have special equipment, schools mods, or operators, in the future this can be good enough to have other speakers and radio-folk announcing ownership or take-over of each planet, which can be a good play-on like the sorties are doing, but it will have nightwave and other additional gameplay enhancers, this and bonus points, randomized areas and weather, seasonal items, and new monsters could make all planets more openworld, the closest we have are excavators and treasurechest, sometimes the birds and minning, but yeah other planets will need to have their relays retrofit with optional content and goods, while doing the missions can mean that you can take forever, and other team-members can extract if they want, so the rewards for exploring and staying are much more interesting, EXAMPLE

• Frost blueprints are found inside a locker, could be scrambled or have other randomized features, special passives, or equiped on exsisting frosts as mods / aughments, maybe V1, V2 has different abilities, or other kits and weapons, spectre, glyps to find, and level up/ unlockables for crafting those, or selling those, there could be a "boy-ish" frost jr. who is tenno sized, or is a robot like the ventkids, the tennopods usually have no interface rewards until the mission ends, and other soldier / spectre versions, this can include allies or syndicators who want to help, Dynasty warriors has some NPC giving out Oranges or bread to recover HP, Ammunition could be good,or special items, the bullets which are normally named "
  • Pistol bullets, can have numerous amount of effects and duds which are found when picked up in packs of 4, but could also be "EXCHANGED" for nightwave points, or at relays, syndicates as subquest and bounties to keep the grinner off the plains like konzu says, so you can interact with the other npc and villagers, or machines like when  baro shows up. Or choose to spend those special bullets and craft them into special mods, or use them on your next reload, bar, some automatically do that, this is what should happen with some pickups, otherwise the mod conversion and items are trash, for extras.
  • nightwave drops and equipment should get special gear for players participating, like a team-suit, or attire, and some other additions which ordis or nora can add to the forge, 
  • this can be additional skins for the orbiter, or spectre to take along, a few robotics and robots would be good to have some pet foods, and other electronic decorations for free, tunning in, and getting points wont be enough for noobs.
  • about which a lad who runs a planet can be a lich or a boss that enhances the appearance of the grineer
  • this can mean that there are black suits and robot versions of grineer which explode and have laser weapons 
  • somewhat like the destiny 2 vex?
  • yes
  • also, we need other ways to get nightwave points and relic purpuse, otherwise new people like nora who can sponsor the rewards, and talk during the proccess of cracking those and synthesis.
  • etc.

56 minutes ago, Els236 said:

@SnakeBadger

This is a thread about one particular challenge of NIghtwave, not about Nightwave in general.

If you have general ideas for Nightwave, I'd suggest making a new thread, rather than hijacking this one. 

i know, the ones i got today are horrible, opening vault, and doing plains missions which cause disconnects or aren't accounted for, i spend like 3 hours and my girlfriends like dead in bed waiting for me to finish 5 missions, so instead i wrote all that out of frustration, usually i understand they want players to complete all 5 basic missions and get the daily standing cap, based on the players current level or mastery usually that what the recommendations are for you, gilding a mod, maybe something worth trying a maxed out mod to turn into a gold or silver one, which could contain stonger or exclusive passives or aughments for each school, shape, for all the arsenal things, then gilding would be more worth it.

Agreed, this act is frankly terrible design, discouraging players from playing the game content. It shouldn't exist and for a while it didn't, now here we are again... just this time I literally have nothing I have not already crafted and gilded, every moa, kitgun, secondary and primary, all zaws one-handed and two-handed variants, all amps. Yay... and before anyone starts, this is not just a late-game issue, it hurts new players too who end up sitting on dead weapons for months waiting for a green light to go ahead and finally get something they can actually use. Acts which discourage playing the game should not exist, end of story.

Also as for recommendations, they're all quite fun. I think my most enjoyed has been tombfinger and catchmoon so far as they're both unique. Tombfinger has a large charged explosion, making it basically a plasma rocket launcher and while slow I combined it with the tremor grip, using a slapneedle loader. Might be too slow for some, but the slow charge helps the aiming in general shooting while leaving the explosion for key moments.

Catchmoon I went with steadyslam because I didn't want to drop the fire-rate too much and it's got a good feel to it while maintaining good damage output. The catchmoon shotgun also behaves as an automatic which is an interesting twist. For the loader I went also with slapneedle, mainly because my catchmoon secondary is status focused, but also because a lower fire-rate makes a crit build the more viable choice.

Edited by Ulvra
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I wouldn't mind this challenge so much if Gilding as a system was not such a cheap development move. If we didn't have to start with a totally useless weapon just because of a polarity and if it was just a simple process of levelling up (we should be able to use catalysts) I'd be all for it. Specially if I had the chance to buy a Primary Kitgun, which I don't.

It’s pretty much a free Forma. It’s only use is to reduce the mastery gains from Kitguns, Amps and Zaws. Bit annoying.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

For an easy an cheap solution simply make another Mote Amp.

I have had a Mote Amp maxed but not gilded and another built in my foundry but not collected, since the last time this challenge appeared, "just in case".

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

this would be cool but without any new features for the amps and kitweapons it could be boring just to get points, not everyone is good enough to craft kitweapons, honestly am better at combat than crafting, so its not a bad suggestion, also whats with the operators having no reload options or abilities, anyways, i hope we get some update for the tenno soon.