Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave gilding discourages gilding at any other time

JeranTek

The problem with the Nightwave gilding request (and similar things like "kill a lich", "forma a weapon", etc.) is that they reward a particular act, that takes effort to prepare for, at this point in time.

Personally I created 4 different primary kitguns to test out my Tombfinger riven. I've just finished gilding them all, along with the new Moa companion. Now Nightwave says "You shouldn't have done that yet. You should have waited until 'Simon says gild an item' before doing that action."

Because of this I have stopped putting gems in my Ayatan sculptures when I get them.

The responses "Just ignore it" or "Just gild a Mote amp, it's cheap" do not address the dampening effect that this challenge and ones like it have on my desire to use an aspect of the game.

• Like 25

Then skip that one.

Nightwave gives you a ton of choices. You are in no danger of not hitting rank 30 by avoiding requests you don't like.

If you're unable to take part in activities you want because of the possibility that it might come up in a future Nightwave and you might not get those points, that is not a failure of game design.

• Like 7

I'm sure "Just ignore it" means the same as "Then skip that one" and doesn't, as I said above, address the fact that Nightwave actively discourages me from using aspects of the game until it tells me it's the time to do so.

• Like 14

Well, it's your choice. I'm not seeing the issue here. You can easily skip those NW standing if you wanted, or get them by holding out. 

There's other ways to get standing, and there's no limit to gilding. What an odd thing to complain about

It's called choice

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 3

I might be remembering this incorrectly -- like stars in x number of statues coming to mind -- I thought DE had decided that this sort of thing was going to be removed from the rotation? 

It's clear why it was added in..  Kitgun primaries were also recently dropped and they're trying to entice the player base to making their own now...  it's to enticing them for a bonus to something not everyone is willing to jump headfirst into.  

Edited by MBaldelli
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, JeranTek said:

as I said above, address the fact that Nightwave actively discourages me from using aspects of the game until it tells me it's the time to do so.

No, if anything it's passively - not actively doing so.  And at the end of the day you're effectively asking something in the game to be changed because of a psychological foible you have.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JeranTek said:

It's not about the choice. It's that having this choice *discourages* using the gilding facility until NW tells you to use it.

it is a choice,and a simple one at that. You are choosing a few NW standing points over gilding whenever you want. You do know you can just skip it right? There is more than enough challenges to spare missing or refusing to take part in some.

if its causing you angst, just skip the challenge and gild when you want. If you want to hold off on gilding, because you have enough to do...then save your gilding projects. 

i would understand your plight if standing was hard to come by, but its not. i release you from being a slave to every NW challenge. There. you're free to skip a single 4500 standing this week. Gild to your hearts content. ..or not and just save your gilding projects for NW. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, hippokrene a dit :

If you're unable to take part in activities you want because of the possibility that it might come up in a future Nightwave and you might not get those points, that is not a failure of game design.

Urr yes it is a failure of game design.

Il y a 2 heures, Hypernaut1 a dit :

Well, it's your choice. I'm not seeing the issue here. You can easily skip those NW standing if you wanted, or get them by holding out. 

There's other ways to get standing, and there's no limit to gilding. What an odd thing to complain about

It's called choice

No, it isn't choice. It's the game telling you "you can't do that until I say so or you're going to miss out on rewards" - or you have to spend time grinding and crafting stuff in order to complete the challenge.

Il y a 1 heure, Jiminez_Burial a dit :

No, if anything it's passively - not actively doing so.  And at the end of the day you're effectively asking something in the game to be changed because of a psychological foible you have.  

Have you never heard of FOMO? Fear Of Missing Out. It's a very big topic of discussion in gaming as a whole, so hardly one person's "foible" as you so eloquently put it.

I hold the same opinion as OP here:

Il y a 2 heures, JeranTek a dit :

I'm sure "Just ignore it" means the same as "Then skip that one" and doesn't, as I said above, address the fact that Nightwave actively discourages me from using aspects of the game until it tells me it's the time to do so.

Edited by Els236
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Els236 said:

No, it isn't choice. It's the game telling you "you can't do that until I say so or you're going to miss out on rewards.

Have you never heard of FOMO? Fear Of Missing Out. It's a very big topic of discussion in gaming as a whole, so hardly one person's "foible" as you so eloquently put it.

but you're not missing out. No where does the game say "you can't do that until I say so or you're going to miss out on rewards"- because you wont miss out on rewards if you skip the challenge. There are multiple challenges in a given week to make NW progress, choose the ones you like.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Els236 said:

They're not the same.  One is a psychological trick that developers use in order to drive purchases/engagement, and the other is simply you not wanting to do something twice.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

After checking this thread, no one seems to remember that this challenge was suppose to be removed, yet it got added in. There may be a hotfix this week to address this odd appearance.

so remove an easy 4500 standing for some players because a few others lack self control? Ok i guess. Theres enough to standing either way, it just seems silly. 

When NW felt limited, and every challenge counted, i could understand...but the system is 10x more forgiving now. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

il y a 21 minutes, Hypernaut1 a dit :

so remove an easy 4500 standing for some players because a few others lack self control? Ok i guess. Theres enough to standing either way, it just seems silly. 

When NW felt limited, and every challenge counted, i could understand...but the system is 10x more forgiving now. 

It got removed because many, many people complained about it and I'm pretty sure DE did say they would remove it for future Nightwaves. The entire issue here is that DE have re-added it, probably to push more people to use primary kitguns, simply because there is no incentive to do so currently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Els236 said:

It got removed because many, many people complained about it and I'm pretty sure DE did say they would remove it for future Nightwaves. The entire issue here is that DE have re-added it, probably to push more people to use primary kitguns, simply because there is no incentive to do so currently.

yeah, that was a time when people thought that missing a few challenges meant coming up short on rank 30. We KNOW thats not the case now, and they added more ways to opportunities to get standing per week. 

removing it now is just removing an easy 4500 standing for some player because others refuse to practice self control on a small NON issue. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

DE seriously... you removed this nonsense already and now you sneak it in again...? I said it when it was tried the first time, this sort of act discourages people from playing your content until the allmighty nightwave tells them it's okay to do it now. Seriously, please please stop making acts that make people feel like they have to arbitrarily wait to engage with your game. Also please when you remove it, don't just sneak it in again... bad move.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

yeah, that was a time when people thought that missing a few challenges meant coming up short on rank 30. We KNOW thats not the case now, and they added more ways to opportunities to get standing per week.

Pardon my French but bull. We've known this since the start and that is not the reason why people dislike this sort of nonsense.

Edited by Ulvra
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ulvra said:

Pardon my French but bull. We've known this since the start and that is not the reason why people dislike this sort of nonsense.

oh, its also because some people have no self control. 4500 standing is easy to skip. You gild something and didnt ALSO get NW standing...so what????? like seriously? the entitlement is hilarious. 

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

oh, its also because some people have no self control. 4500 standing is easy to skip. You gild something and didnt ALSO get NW standing...so what????? like seriously? the entitlement is hilarious.

See there's this thing called people who like to play the game. You don't, you like being contrary on the forums, we get it, but we've heard your non-argument since nightwave became a thing and it still not applicable. Address the points of critique or leave, don't just keep saying "bla bla but you can just skip it". We've heard it, we know it, we've always known it, it's still not relevant to the discussion.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Ulvra said:

See there's this thing called people who like to play the game. You don't, you like being contrary on the forums, we get it, but we've heard your non-argument since nightwave became a thing and it still not applicable. Address the points of critique or leave, don't just keep saying "bla bla but you can just skip it". We've heard it, we know it, we've always known it, it's still not relevant to the discussion.

-but you can skip it? im failing to understand why thats not a sensible option. Theres tons of standing to go around. Theres tons of things to do in game. No one should have a problem with either missing out on that standing or starting a new project to gild. 

i had to do 3 captures and open relics challenges open. Should i complain that i was discouraged from opening relics until there was a capture, so they should remove it? No,m thats ridiculous. If i wanted to wait to do both at same time to be efficient, thats my choice, its not necessary. If you want to save gilding to be efficient, its your choice. 

"bad move"?? lol. as if DE needs to be sneaky about a NW challenge? I would really like to hear your deep state conspiracy on why DE snuck in an easy peasy NW challenge. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 2