Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Farm For Orokin Cells~?

KamaNightfire

^

Since my Morphic farming spot is now a Nightmare Mission, i'm moving my efforts for materials to Orokin Cells.

I'm in need of over 100+ of these darn things, and I'm having a problem using the wiki to get them within a reasonable amount of time and effort. I heard running ODD was a decent alternative.

Anyone have any ideas? D:

Edited by Hermaphrodite

I usually do Cassini/Mimas on Saturn nowadays. With a carrier, sometimes you end up with a few Orokin Cells without knowing.

ODD is also a good place. Not sure about ODS since Infestation are known to not drop much oxygen compared to Grineer and Corpus.

In other cases I just farm Ruk, since he's easy to kill. I break all containers and open lockers in the way just to be sure.

Edited by Casardis

mobile defense on Kiste, Ceres works fine for me. As an added bonus you get huge amounts of circuits and xp. Moneys' decent too.

This is a suggestion I forgot. Kiste is a great place due to the huge spawn rates (if your squad mates don't decide to play hero of course), and the fact that their levels are consistent (unlike Defense and Survival). Just make sure you pick up everything after things settle down. Again, having a Carrier helps.

I heard running ODD was a decent alternative.

don't bother, honestly. reason being, Nano Spores. that's like 90% of the Material drops, getting an Orokin Cell is more like an act of god than chances.

personally, Mastery levelling has gotten almost all of mine. in other words, Kiste - Ceres. average of 0-3 Orokin Cells, with the median average being 1-2. not too bad considering you 'need' to run that mission many, many times for Mastery levelling.

alternatively, Defense / Survival on Saturn can be decent, but once again, Nano Spores is in the Material tables, which will still muck things up most of the time.

Ceres Defenses & Survivals will reward with more reliable Orokin Cells, though often seems like not as many. but i'd generally take reliability over burst occurrences. 

Sargas Ruk is probably still a not too bad option for Orokin Cells, but with how Material drops were changed however long ago, are no longer the only viable place to get them, so i generally avoid them if i can, since i've fought each boss hundreds of times by now. 

i'd give you like 40 or 50 if i could yet, though :p i have piles of them, heh.

I usually run Helene, Saturn. Go in with Master Thief, run around and break open all the containers / check all the lockers, then run through 5 waves of Defense. Claim your reward, then wash, rinse, and repeat. I'll get at least 1, but commonly 2 or 3 Cells per mission. Your mileage may vary.

Just make sure you have a decent enough team, as you`ll be facing TONS of level 50 grineer and the mission type is mob. defense.Nyx/Frost/Nova/Rhino are decent picks for this mission imo :)

pssh, Clannie and i can do Kiste like a breeze with one Loki(who's even Invisible for 80% of the mission -_-) and one Saryn. Decoy Master Race?

and i'm not even using Miasma that much tbh, only when they get really crowded up. but decent weapons kill them relatively efficiently.