The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Create a Mandatory Kuva Siphon Tutorial

16Bitman

Please add a solo only mission you have to complete in order to access Kuva Siphon missions.

In about 50% of my kuva siphon missions, there's at least one player the has absolutely no clue how to catch the kuva clouds, I'm really not exaggerating.

I try to explain it to them, even marking the clouds, but it's like they absolutely refuse to listen to anything I'm showing.

Many of these players don't even switch to operator (to at least kill kuva guardians), they don't mind not contributing at all as long as they still get the kuva at the end.

Often I get matched with just one other of these clueless players and sometimes I get them to catch a cloud, but most of the time they just run around just killing enemies spawning near the siphon, never responding to anything I type in chat.

It would greatly help if these players had to go through some kind of tutorial first.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Isn't Lotus saying sth like "Use your Operator?" or "Hit the Kuva with your x?"

There's a huge "Press 5 to use transference" banner in the middle top of the screen, but the "Hit kuva" voice line plays really rarely.

The queen playing her "don't let them hurt my siphon" really often also leads to many players thinking you have to attack the siphon directly.

There are some dialogue hints about it. However, I have sincere doubts you are running into people that are intentionally antagonistic. The majority of players I run into are receptive to feedback (if they see it - chat sometimes doesn't ping notifications).

Perhaps your tutelage is a bit harsh and unhelpful, as you seem quick to call them clueless and unhelpful. We were all new once. Be patient.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

It'd be nice, but then again players have been asking for tutorials for ages now. 

True, but if the players stop asking, DE might think the players don't need it anymore.

Something really simple like just a near normal siphon mission you have to do solo, with maybe more voice lines would be good enough.

1 minute ago, Orellani said:

There are some dialogue hints about it. However, I have sincere doubts you are running into people that are intentionally antagonistic. The majority of players I run into are receptive to feedback (if they see it - chat sometimes doesn't ping notifications).

Perhaps your tutelage is a bit harsh and unhelpful, as you seem quick to call them clueless and unhelpful. We were all new once. Be patient.

It's true that I've vented in this post, but I'm in no way unhelpful or harsh in the squad chat.

I start catching some of the clouds on my own, but keep an eye on their health bar to see if they switch to operator or not.

When I notice that it never changes, I ask them if they know how to catch the kuva clouds, to which they don't reply.

Then I start to mark the clouds, and tell them to attack those with their operator (or to dash through them when they don't have an amp yet), when clouds spawn really close to the siphon I just destroy that braid on my own (especially the new corpus tileset is bad with this).

If they don't answer to chat pings or PMs at all, I do end up getting annoyed to make topics like this after it happens repeatedly on the same day.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

If they don't answer to chat pings or PMs at all, I do end up getting annoyed to make topics like this after it happens repeatedly on the same day.

I get that, but you just can't let it get to you. For every quiet newb who is oblivious are at least a dozen that would be thrilled to be taught the ropes. Sometimes you get bad luck, and I get the frustration.

• Like 1

Honestly it's a really abstract game mode if you aren't sure what to do. There is this weird screaming red cloud that moves towards a floating bucket. A strange clown-queen keeps giggling at you about children, and these massive, round, invincible enemies keep staggering you. Any player who hasn't really paid attention to the story, or has taken a break from the game and come back to it after a few months to a couple of years has probably forgotten about the Grineer queens, what transference is, the different moves that operators can do (besides the dash, usually).

Some people just know they need Kuva to build some items or re-roll their rivens, and they are probably used to getting by with other people carrying them. Not everyone cares that much about knowing how to play the game. It could also be a few siblings or family members sharing an account, like today little bro is having a turn and wants to see what a kuva mission is. In a situation like this, even a mandatory tutorial will not help.

Edited by TheMostFrench

On 2020-06-22 at 12:24 PM, 16Bitman said:

There's a huge "Press 5 to use transference" banner in the middle top of the screen, but the "Hit kuva" voice line plays really rarely.

The queen playing her "don't let them hurt my siphon" really often also leads to many players thinking you have to attack the siphon directly.

The first time I encountered a kuva cloud, I...

Attacked the braids.

When the braids looked invulnerable, I killed the guardians, as that how it worked previously.

Then I switched to operator and shone my nightlight on the braids.

Then my operator died.

Then I killed the gunner who had killed me, pulled out my gun and started shooting all over the syphon, trying to find any weakpoints.

Then, I shot at the black cloud.

Then, I went into operator and tried to blast the black cloud. It didn't work. I likely missed or maybe I hit E instead of shooting it.

All the while, the Lotus was telling me to shoot the kuva. Kuva is a red liquid. So I ran around the map looking for some kuva, figuring I was meant to destroy something else and then take the syphon.

On 2020-06-23 at 2:21 AM, GnarlsDarkley said:

Isn't Lotus saying sth like "Use your Operator?" or "Hit the Kuva with your x?"

That dialog only appear after an operator destroy a cloud.
This Kuvas mission need to improve it's training, knowledge and rules. Since or etheir they don't know what to do or afk right when they enter the match.

I've reported many cases but there is no heeding about it. Kuva mission is quite a mess