The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heads up, Mixer is officially shutting down in a month

1OfTheUndying

Figured DE and whoever uses mixer over twitch (is there a reason? seemed the same thing to me...) would like to know.

Gotta say, kinda surprised they paid that Ninja guy, what...20-30 mil to go to mixer from twitch? oh well, that check is already cashed.

Hope yall are ok IRL. Swaz Du Lah and may all your hits be crits

• Like 3

"Microsoft is closing its Mixer service on July 22nd and plans to move existing partners over to Facebook Gaming. The surprise announcement means Mixer partners and streamers will be transitioned to Facebook Gaming starting today, and Microsoft will no longer operate Mixer as a service in a month’s time."

Facebook Gaming stream drops soon?

I won't miss Mixer, I only use Twitch for DE streams and big gaming news streams, the streamers I like to watch upload their full streams to youtube, so I don't even watch those live, so a smaller plattform like mixer (with their really obnoxious gifs and games) never had a chance with me.

The only thing I used Mixer for were more chances to win plat (which I never did) and an extra safety net to obtain Stream drops, without mixer I never would've gotten the Lotus ephemera as Twitch refused to drop it for me after hours of watching.

• Like 4

I watched couple of streams on YouTube and I know what twitch is, but I never bothered to Google what is mixer. Apparently it's a streaming platform, and some dude made 20-30 mils off it. Nice.

Microsoft is awfully rich company, you know, you can feed a lot of people with 20-30 mils, but who need to feed people if you can give it to some random dude with blue hair and forget about it next day. Fk, I feel sick after googling this mixer thingy.

Here is an old gag for lads who don't know it: "finally Microsoft made something that doesn't suck, alas it's a vacuum cleaner".

Edited by 32768
  • Like 8

Personally, I'm a bit disappointed in the news. Yes, it was a smaller service, but the community was leaps and bounds less toxic then the other platforms. You could actually have genuine conversations and people wouldn't act like jerks (not to say that there weren't jerks on Mixer, but I never saw them). With that said, I only really used Mixer for streams from DE, Hi-Rez, and a couple of smaller streamers.

This, coupled with the fact that they're also closing their Microsoft Stores, makes me wonder what is going on at the company.

Edited by (NSW)MasterJ93