Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Protea suggestions? Team/Solo WF?

Canach

Question

I usually play solo or team with two others, we're all long-time endgame players. Sometimes we'll PUG a fourth players.

So far, the 3 of us have been unable to max out the void realm on hard. 

• Going to try Volt some more, but need to mod him for Natural Talent
  • Going to experiment with Wukong more - giving him Ignis Wraith as his only weapon worked fairly well
  • Mesa doesn't match up well with the small groups of spectres spawning all over the place
  • Vauban doesn't do well.
  • Overclocked Soma Prime and OC Supra Vandal both worked great, as did the Kuva Nukor
  • Bringing a fourth player (PUG) didnt seem to help due to goal scaling.

But nothing really seems to be the right mix, we DID figure out that we need to actually free the Fortuna-Slaves... 

What WF/abilities/tactics are you guys using?

19 answers to this question

I have a few tips. Some are related to warframe powers, some are related to the glaive and some are more general:

- Ember can do decent damage while staying mobile with her 4th power. But you need to be careful because at high level she can get killed easily.

- Warframe powers that draw aggro (like Gara's mirrors and Saryn's Molt) will help you group the enemies in one specific area instead of having them all surround you. This allows you to focus your attention in one direction, which may or may not help depending on your strategy.

- Stagger immunity powers (like Revenant's second power and Rhino's Iron Skin) allow you to detonate the glaive at point blank without getting blown away. They also protect you from getting staggered by enemies rushing at you.

- Use Enemy Radar or a pet to ensure you have a functioning radar the whole time. In my experience sentinels were unreliable because they kept getting killed.

- If you have teammates, don't spread out because it messes up the spawns. It's ok to split up to rescue the Fortuna guys but you should regroup as soon as possible.

- Walking in one direction is enough to cause the enemies to miss most of their shots. You don't need to parkour like crazy and you probably shouldn't.

- Keep in mind only the physical enemies count for kills. The ghosts are only there to annoy you and to feed the glaive.

I always did the granum void(all tier) using Gauss. Xoris' attack speed is too slow for me. So yeah Gauss can help spamming the Xoris' throw attack faster, and since Gauss is tanky af (as tanky as Inaros imo) the mission is like a walk in a park.

Rhino and Xiphos. Took me 4 and half hours by myself to get all weapon parts and all Protea parts and all deco crowns and the shoulder armour.

And all that without breaking a sweat. Not getting less then all three prices each and everytime once I learned how to properly use the glaive.

• In a squad, anyone with AoE or auto-target makes the thing easy. Alternatively, you can have skill and aim.
  • I've found the best conditions for Spectre spawns are when the squad doesn't spread out or move around too much. Too much of either of these and Spectres spawn at distant corners of the map and sometimes get stuck on terrain, delaying kills and time drops.
  • GET the time drops.
  • Without a squad, it's pretty easy to settle into a solo grind with (sigh) Mesa. Top off your energy before going in, pick up time if you see it nearby, otherwise spam 4 until you see a time drop or two. Dash over, pick it/them up, and repeat until complete.

Just now, Canach said:

You soloing? 

Solo and team with clan. Never had any issues. Usually there were still around 20 secs on the clock we had to sit out.

So I'm pretty sure either this guy doesn't know how to play Mesa at all or their build were subpar.

She's definitely my go to frame for these missions

7 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

What?!

I just went straight for the Pyramid and all the specters did swarm me. I never failed one Void thus far with her

You soloing?  Another guy in our group used her while we were teaming, and specter scatter was an issue.  Yeah, for everything that didn't work someone on the forum will swear it works great - YMMV.  I wasn't the one who tried Mesa, so <shrug>, we didn't try her again.

1 minute ago, More-L said:

Just use the quest Glaive (Xoris), I can solo every tier fairly easily because its 3-soul charged AoE 1 hits all the specters on any level in a gigantic radius. I can take any frame and any guns so long as I'm using that. Charge, explode, repeat and it is extremely easy.

rats.  I hate that answer.  I'm sure you're right, though, so I'll try it - I just hate using that stupid glaive... (thanks)

Just use the quest Glaive (Xoris), I can solo every tier fairly easily because its 3-soul charged AoE 1 hits all the specters on any level in a gigantic radius. I can take any frame and any guns so long as I'm using that. Charge, explode, repeat and it is extremely easy.

Archived