Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Tweaking: Some Small Suggestions

druindo

Hi there. I'm creating this topic to discuss ideas on how to achieve a more balanced game of Warframe, without obliterating what is currently in the game. I would love feed back on my ideas and would love to hear your ideas as well, so that way we can change the game for the better.

First off, my favorite, Loki:

Decoy:

1. Remove the cast time. This is the most irritating part of the entire power, imo.

Switch Teleport:

1. I would love to see this power be able to target environmental hazards and objects like explosive barrels. This would add an extra layer of deviousness to the power.

2. It would be amazing if, seeing as WF is still in beta, Switch Teleport could affect obstructed players, but with a caveat that, in this usage, the target is placed at Loki's position, but Loki is not placed in theirs. This would allow the power to rescue stuck players without getting stuck themselves.

Radial Disarm:

1. I would like to see Radial Disarm be able to affect bosses, even temporarily, because Loki is the only frame, aside from Trinity, who's ultimate does not affect bosses.

Nova:

Reduce Armor:

Nova currently has 50 Armor. Compare that to the 10 armor possessed by Ember, Nyx, Banshee, and Volt, Nova seems to be unfairly tough, especially when you consider the fact that she is the second fastest frame.

Molecular Prime: (I have three ideas, but only one would be needed to achieve what I hope)

1a. Decrease size of initial debuff and explosions by 5m each. This would still leave her with the largest ultimate, other than Trinity.

1b. Reduce the damage from the explosions by a sizable amount.

1c. Reduce the effects of the debuff applied to enemies.

Reason: Currently, Nova has the largest measurable ultimate in the game. Additionally, the explosions of M Prime are larger than Saryn's Miasma, if Saryn had a maxed Stretch mod equipped. Ember's World on Fire and Frost's Avalanche are the same size as these explosions, which seems horrifically unfair.

Saryn:

Contagion:

1. Let Contagion spread weak DoT to those nearby the target of any attack made by Saryn while under the effects of Contagion. This would make more sense, imo, and make the power more useful.

Miasma: 

1. Increase of range. Even 2.5m would be helpful.

Mag:

Pull:

1. Reduce damage dealt by power. This is a ridiculously damaging power when you consider the fact that it is her most basic power and is a 180 degree AoE.

Crush: (Multiple ideas, I only feel that 1 would be needed)

1a. Make Crush Armor Ignore.

1b. Give Crush Armor Piercing.

Reason: I see Pull used more than Crush because the former has become far more efficient than the latter. Crush becomes very weak against higher level enemies because of increased armor.

That's all I have in terms of tweaks for now, I do have ideas for overhauls, but I thought that tweaks might be more acceptable to many players. Keep in mind, these are just my opinions.

As I said before, I would like to hear your thoughts on what I've said here and I would also like to hear your suggestions as well.

Thanks,

druindo

Just noticed a few things, Nova's molecular prime's explosion is scaled, it does less dmg the further another mob is from each other. 

And also, what's the difference between armor ignore and armor piercing? I mean I think of them the same way. Armor won't be applied to the final damage. 

Just noticed a few things, Nova's molecular prime's explosion is scaled, it does less dmg the further another mob is from each other. 

And also, what's the difference between armor ignore and armor piercing? I mean I think of them the same way. Armor won't be applied to the final damage. 

Quite right, I had forgotten about it. Armor piercing damage does have armor ignore qualities. In this case there would be no appreciable difference if the damage type was changed vs staying the same plus armor ignore.

As for the Molecular Prime, yes it does scale with distance, I did not know that. The problem is that even with the drop off the resulting damage is still quite high, because each explosion contributes and does double damage to primed enemies. I've never seen a Nova do less than 500 damage to any enemy caught in the range of an explosion. Your point is a fair one, though.

Edited by druindo

• Reviewing Mag’s Pull, pretty sure everyone knows this power is a bit OP.

I say along with a possible nerf on mag's pull, they buff mag's crush, armor ignore would be nice, even if they have to lower it's base dmg.

Yes, the range of the explosion caused by primed targets is quite large, however the explosion is affected by armor. But all I can really think of is she's meant as a a means of destruction, her name and how she was described fits her abilities. Anti-matter and explosions.

Btw on Loki's switch teleport, I disagree with #1, as it might lead to trolls having fun.

#2 is a nice idea but there's really no need for it, as Loki will switch with the stuck player, cast a decoy and switch with it. Viola! Both of them are unstuck now. 

I say along with a possible nerf on mag's pull, they buff mag's crush, armor ignore would be nice, even if they have to lower it's base dmg.

Yes, the range of the explosion caused by primed targets is quite large, however the explosion is affected by armor. But all I can really think of is she's meant as a a means of destruction, her name and how she was described fits her abilities. Anti-matter and explosions.

Btw on Loki's switch teleport, I disagree with #1, as it might lead to trolls having fun.

#2 is a nice idea but there's really no need for it, as Loki will switch with the stuck player, cast a decoy and switch with it. Viola! Both of them are unstuck now. 

Your point regarding Nova is a fair one, but as she currently is, I don't think the power is balanced. 

Trolls can already run into environmental hazards and then swap with a fellow player. What I want is to say, be in the middle of 5 ancients and swap with a barrel so it explodes in their faces. I hadn't thought about the possible increase in troll-ness, but honestly there are far worse things you can do with Switch Teleport than place an explosive barrel in someone's face.

In regards to your thoughts on number 2, Loki cannot Switch with anyone that is considered obstructed and must have line of sight. What I want is for him to be able to Switch with obstructed players without needing line of sight, but since he needs line of sight to switch, I don't think he should switch when performing these rescues. Plus, ST + Decoy + ST ~ 50 energy if you have max Streamline, otherwise you wind up with 75 energy cost.

I like how Nova's molecular prime helps his teammate with the slow and increase damage taken by primed enemies. Maybe a reduction in either the explosion radius or damage is a sensible nerf.

Now that would definitely add more creative gameplay. If people were thinking like that and not how to irritate other players.

I see your point, you want em to remove the need to have the line of sight. Maybe other players should not be foolish to try those places where they can get stuck in the first place. Lol.